Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I booked my flight with Jet2 in February when the baggage allowance was 20kg. Now I see it's been reduced to 17kg. As it says 20kg on my booking conditions, will they honour that or can I only take 17?
No if it says 20kg on your booking then they will honour it, if you look at an earlier post you will see that someone rang Jet 2 to enquire about this.

Sue :)
Inglesina - I rang and they said that all bookings before 28 March have 20kg but those after have just 17kg so you're okay!
Hi I have booked with jet2, on their webb site it says 17kg but on my tickets it says 20kg,i assume whats on the ticket is the allowance you are allowed.(hope so anyway)already paid £10 per bag
Oldies - as per post above - any booking made before 28 March you get 20kg of hold allowance after 28 March you only get 17kg.
Hi everyone, :wave

How strict are JET2 on hand luggage measurements - I've seen a canvas bag that weighs next to nothing but it's a few cm bigger than the recommendation. I'm assuming they don't actually get tape measures out OR DO THEY !!!! :-P
Hi Popsy, It depends who you get but Jet 2 can be funny about hand luggage measurements. They have a metal kind of bag holder that is just slightly larger than the permitted hand baggage size. They sometimes make you fit your bag in to it and if you can't they can refuse to allow you to take it on the plane.
Saying that though, on occasions, I have seen people with larger bags than what they are allowed but I wouldn't risk it.
In my experience, they don't seem to be as strict on the way back as on the way out.

Sue :)
Newcastle gains budget flights to Greece

Corfu and Rhodes are to be served with low fare flights from Newcastle this summer.

Jet2.com is to fly to the two Greek destinations from June with fares starting at £69.99 one-way inclusive of taxes.

Flights to Rhodes start on June 4 and to Corfu on June 30. Package holiday prices start at £296 for seven days with Jet2holidays.com.

The airline's chief executive Philip Meeson said: "Both destinations have lacked direct, scheduled and, importantly, low cost services from Newcastle and we're delighted to be launching them today."

With permission from Travelmole
Hi All

Has anyone used the online check-in for Jet2? We fly 27 May from Newcastle and have just noticed that it's open to us to use. I'm a wee bit wary of all things new so wondered if anyone had used it and if so, how you got on?

Would you do the online check-in for the return journey at home just before you leave for your holiday? We're flying back from Palma is there the same bag drop facitility there as there is in the UK?

I think I'm pre-booking our seats this year (even tho' the robbing sods have increased those charges too - was going to cost £30 return for the 5 of us and it's now £39.90) as it means we won't need to get there 3 hours before to stand in a queue waiting for check-in to open.

Just wondered what other's thoughts and experiences are?

TIA, Tis
tisonlymoi,

I always use online check-in and select my favourite seat when flying Jet2. Its such revelation and hassle free. Well worth it. Have a look at my trip report for more information: Jet2.com LS761 Blackpool - Malaga 8th june 2007. You'd have to check with Jet2 (on their website) if online check-in is available for your return journey. Not all airports have the facility.

Darren
Just to clarify....

Am I right in thinking that you can only use online check-in if you have pre booked your seats?

I am trying to avoid the extra expense of pre booking seats so I am guessing that I will have to check in on arrival at Leeds/Bradford to be allocated my seat numbers?

I should also have added that I have 2 suitcases for the hold. Surely I'll need to check in on arrival?

Thanks.
Candida - we last flew Jet2 in 2005 from LBA - there was none of this online check-in then and we hadn't pre-booked our seats so just turned up well early at LBA and just joined one big queue which was for ALL Jet2 flights that day and got our seats at check-in.

I'm not really familiar with the new on-line check-in but it looks good - from what I can gather you checkin online and just turn up at the airport and dump your hold luggage in a bag drop-off point and then head thru' to departures. It kind of seems too easy, I think that's what worries me but if it saves us being there 3 hours before the flight it would be worth it.

Dazbo - thanks for that, your report and photos are fab! It says on website that the online check-in is available from Palma so I assume I could do the on-line check-in before I leave the UK and just pray I don't lose the boarding cards I print off during the holiday - any idea what would happen if that did occur?

Tis
tisonlymoi,

If you lose your boarding card (I'm sure you wont!), you can simply log in to your online booking and print another one out, eg internet cafe with printer if they have one. Alternatively, as long as you have your booking reference, go to check-in and they'll sort you out.

Darren
Thanks Darren - I have another question if that's okay?

With regard to Jet 2 it says you can do online check-in up to 28 days before you travel soooooo my question is - if I do the online check-in for the outbound journey as normal can I do the inbound journey at the same time - is that do-able or is there a shorter timescale allowed for the return journey check-in and would I HAVE to do that whilst away?

Apologies if that doesn't make sense - I know what I mean.

Thanks again, Tis
tisonlymoi,

I don't see why you can't since you are well within the specified dates. I'd do the outbound flight first, then the inbound. I've never tried it myself since online check-in wasn't available in resort the last time I travelled with Jet2. You can only try!

Darren
Thanks again Darren - will report back with how I get on.
hi, guys, have flights booked for malaga, which I booked in january this year, but, as we are going for 2 weeks, wanted to add another case, my question is, will it be a lower allowence now they've brought in this new ruling on baggage allowence, or will it be the same kg's as when we oroginally booked as its on the same booking ? blimey, its all soo confusing !
cheers guys,
juby
I *think* it's the new allowance as they're charging the new price (£5.99 each way as opposed to £ each way). Only way to find out is to ring their very expensive helpline.

We were going to do it but have decided to take a bigger case instead as we normally use 3 medium size - this year it will be 2 medium and 1 large and all the lighter stuff will be in the big suitcase. I'm also going to use vacuum bags as we used them successfully on our last holiday!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.