Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cheers Darren, thought Iwas correct but you never know. Maybe you will know this though...
Can you carry your camcorder in your hand luggage?

Linsi
Can you carry your camcorder in your hand luggage?

Yes linsi, you should always carry your camcorder (and any other fragile or valuable items) in your hand luggage.

David :wave
As David says. Not only for protection of the camera, but also for security reasons. All will be revealed in my trip reports when I get round to posting them. A a member of the party I was travelling with was called back to check-in in Antigua because of my diving camera. It was in my suitcase and caused confusion at security since they'd never seen anything like it on their x-ray screens so we had to empty the suitcase to prove it was a camera!

Darren
Thanks for that re: the camcorder. I never thought about the security part of it, was just thinking about the cost of it and hassle with the insurance company if the luggage went "walkabouts". Also can you use them whilst on the plane? And another question. As Jet2 dont serve food, can you carry sandwiches that have been made at home through to departures and onto the plane, or once you have gone through to the departure lounge can you purchase sandwiches to take onto the plane with you. We are travelling from Leeds Bradford and as its a few years since we flew from there we cant remember what shops there are in the departure lounge.
Thank you Linsi.
Hi Linsi, they have a Greggs at Leeds and Bradford before you go through security. You can take sandwiches through but not drinks. ( Well you could last September anyway) You could also take your own sandwiches through too.
Once through there is a newsagents where you can purchase drinks to take on the plane.

Hope that helps.
Sue :)

p.s. Jet 2 do sell food, you can get a meal deal for a fiver which includes a sandwich, coffee and pringles or a chunky kit kat but sometimes they run out of snadwiches before they get to you.

Sue :)
:whoops I've booked flights with Jet2 for 4 adults for May but just noticed one of them has a middle name that I need not include when I made the booking but is on her passport - do I need to change the details :think

Please help

x x x
I doubt it. Most flight tickets are issued with just the first initial and surname, not even the full first name so you should be OK.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci

Can you tell I've never flown before :thanks
No I wouldn't have guessed. How exciting! Hope you have a great flight and holiday.

I will, it's taken me 14 years to persuade my hubby to go abroad so being excited is an understatement :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper
Hcafc I beleive you where looking for an email address for Jet2. I found this in my contacts but whether it works is another thing, as they no longer display it on their website, give it a try, customerservices@jet2.com
Jayjan, Hcafc, the email address for the customer services does not work. I emailed the same address when we had problems when they updated their website. It just tells you that the email address is not manned. I ended up phoning them and paying 50p per minute. But I must admit I was only on 4 minutes and they were pretty efficient.
Thanks Linsi, I had a feeling it wouldnt. Jet2 are obviously making a lot of revenue with this 50p a minute customer services telephone number.
Hi

I'm planning to go to Turkey and Jet2 fly to Turkey but I can only seem to book through Travel Republic etc and not direct( I'm looking to a cheaper price). Does anyone know if it is possible to book direct and also would these flights have the same baggage allowance as the normal Jet2 flights

Thanks

Maz
Not sure about baggage allowance, as the flight to Turkey is one of their charter flights. Due to this, you will not be able to book directly with Jet2.
I think I'm going to have to ring up their rip-off helpline - there are 5 of us and I pre-booked 3 suitcases to go into the hold which is what we normally use but forgot that we'll have to bring back back the contents of a bag we have stored over there with friends so need to book another bag.

I need to know if we do book another bag do we pay the old price of £5 each way which we paid at the time of booking or the new £5.99 charge and also if we get the new 17kg luggage allowance for that one bag or 20kg which is what we've got for the others.

I don't think I want my next phone bill ;)
You could try 0207 170 0737 for Jet2 which is an Indian call centre, but at geographic rates.

Jet2 have a good sale on at the moment.

£5 one way including taxes to some destinations :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.