Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Does the Yorkshire Post know that "the OFT is looking into Jet2's activities"? It's the sort of vague headline that British papers like and the company doesn't need!!
can anyone tell me when jet2 flights will be coming out for 09? Want to book a flight for March 09. At the moment the only dates showing are up until dec 08!

Thanks in advance,

Belly!
Hi, I'm wanting to book a flight to tenerife in march 09, I can only book as far ahead as dec 08! Has anyone any idea when the flights for early 09 come out! (I can book with thomson or thomas cooke, but I'm hoping the flights with jet2 will be cheaper!

Thanks in advance

Belly!
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this but the Jet2 site now states that hold luggage allowance is a max of 17 kg. I prebooked in September for July flights to the Algarve (via Blackpool) and purchased my baggage (for 6 of us) at the time - the original booking email (and a duplicate dated 19th March) states 20kg but second duplicate from the site dated 28th March now states 17 kg.

I think complaints may start to flow

Si
Well spotted Si

I have a confirmation e-mail advising 20kg per person, and paid for a bag under those terms.

The Jet2 Web site advises Maximum now 17Kg per person, although they havent notified me of this.

I realise that the Terms of carriage will probably allow them to change allowances but surely they have to advise passengers that have booked under other conditions that it has now changed before they get hit with the excess charges at Check-In or is that the plan !!
What on earth is going on with Jet2. I also booked last September for July this year and it also states on my original email confirmation that our baggage allowance is 20kg's. This does need to be sorted out well before we go or we are all going to experience difficulties, 3kgs each is a lot of baggage.
This must have only just changed as I booked a flight only the other week and it states on mine that I have 20kg. Surely they can't just change it for people who have documentation stating that the allowance is 20kg, can they?

Sue :)
I think as long as you have your documentation saying 20kg - you won't have a problem! - But I have always though the max allowance was 18kg? with jet2? I booked last Oct, for this oct, - and have just checked now, and it says 18kg!

belly!

(Ps does anyone know when the flights for early 2009 are out :)
I am in the same position - my booking confirmation states we have 20kg each of hold luggage but website states 17kg so I rang their 0906 number (bloody rip off at 50p a minute if you ask me) and on the baggage option that also states 20kg!

I spoke to an advisor (English speaking in India) who said that ALL bookings FROM 28 March 2008 have the new hold luggage allowance of 17kg.

Anyone who booked BEFORE 28 march 2008 will have 20kg of hold luggage.

Hope that puts a few minds at rest - it's put mine at rest for sure. We're a family of 5 travelling as usual with just 3 suitcases so 9kg in total to lose was going to hit hard but I can relax now! Phew!
Thank for that tisonlymoi I can't believe that Jet 2 buttered everyone up by putting the allowance up by 2 kg when they started charging £5.00 each way for the baggage and now they have had the cheek to not only put the baggage up an extra 99p each way but cut the allowance by 3kg. If it wasn't that Jet 2 were convenient for me then I'd boycott them, they are getting so damn blo*** greedy. :twisted: :twisted:

I totally agree Sue, its convenient for us too. But I still think there will be fun and games at the airport, I do not think this will be "plane" sailing (excuse the pun). Cant wait to see who is sitting in my seat, but thats probably another story.
I agree totally!

If anyone wants to ring the 0906 number and have a dictaphone handy so that when you press the button for baggage you get the female voice telling you your weight limit is 20kg, it records it and you have the joy of saying "Wiggle out of that one" even for those of you that have booked AFTER 28 March as that's what it said today when I was on the phone!

They change the info on their website but not their automated telephone system - silly people!

Linsi what makes you say that about someone sitting in your seat? I was going to pre-book mine before we got to the airport - should I leave it?
I was going to pre-book mine before we got to the airport - should I leave it?

I don't really see the point in giving Jet 2 more money, I've never known anyone having to stand up yet. :rofl :rofl

I've just had a look at the Jet 2 website and I have noticed that a change of booking incurs a cost of £25.00 each way, am I right in thinking that this used to be £15.00 until recently.

Sue, just joking about the seats, but what, with the booking not being recognised a few weeks ago (when they updated their website) and then the baggage was showing as no bags (when we had paid for them) and now this, I just think that someone will probably be sitting in our seats. LOL
does anyone know when the flights for early 2009 are out

was just coming on to ask the same thing.

we won some flights in the 10,000 flights giveaway a couple of months ago and want to use them to tenerife in Jan 09.

was looking for contact details but can't find an email adress.
Do the people who have pre booked seats get let on the plane first? Just wondering how this works. I haven't pre booked as I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible.

Or is early boarding yet another extra?
Now I may be wrong on this but I think prebooking seats only guarantees you the fact that by prebooking you can sit together. That is the only reason I have booked them. I looked at the plan on the plane and saw that it was filling up so I booked the seats. That way also, we wont have to get to the airport too early to be able to sit together. I could be wrong on this, but welcome any comments.
Linsi
linsi / candida,

pre-booking with a charter airline is how you say, but it's select your seat with jet2. You don't get priority boarding, just peace of mind you have the seat you want and are seated next to others in your group if you all select your seats. I always do it to get the best window seat for photography reasons!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.