Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks to both of you !!

I called Jet2 who confirmed as my original booking was pre-March 28th 08, my 20kg hold baggage allowance still applied.

They also confirmed that any excess baggage would be charged at £6.00 per kg.

Flight numbers LS223 & LS224 for Darren - will this provide more info for you?

:cheers
Debhiwahh,

LS223/4 are a Boeing 757-200 as suspected.

Darren
Hi Guys, just stumbled upon your site,its great to see such an active forum.

I have a quick question which I'd be really greatful if someone could answer. I'm flying to Alicante next week on Jet2 and am interested to know the flight path (just out of curiosity really). Does anyone know a site which shows that sort of stuff ?

Many thanks

G
DuDuDugarry,

Welcome onboard :wave:
You don't say where you'll be departing from? I'll assume Manchester, it doesn't make that much difference really. The flight path to ALC will be something like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/man-alc.gif
After departing Manchester, you'll head south down towards Exeter crossing the English Channel from the Tourquay area. You'll head across the Channel to Brittany, then across the Bay of Biscay just touching the south-western corner of France then over the Pyraneese. You'll then fly across northern / eastern Spain before descending in to Alicante.

Distance: 1044 miles, flight time: ~2hrs 50 mins

Darren
Does any one know how long you have to have remaining on your passport to travel with jet2? as I have been told some airlines specify 3 months and 6 months remaining & others just say valid for your departure and return . thanks Jayjan
jayjan,

It's more the requirements of the country you are traveling to rather than the airline. As long as your passport is valid on your date of return, that's all the airlines requires. You need to have a minimum time on your passport though to enter countries. Some countries require 3 months, most are 6 months. To check entry requirements, refer to the FCO's website.

Darren
I have checked the FCO website and portugal only requires a valid passport for entry & departure, but just wondered whether Jet2 would accept a passport with only 1 month remaining on it. Its for a friend doing a last minute thing, who never looked at his passport and wants to travel in 10 days but cant get time off work to go to the Passport office in Liverpool.

I copied this from the fco website:
A valid British passport must be held for entry to and exit from Portugal. There is no minimum passport validity requirement but you should ensure that your passport is valid for the proposed period of your stay.
  • Edited by jayjan 2008-05-29 20:21:43
Hi jayjan ... Jet2 does not appear to be one of those companies which stipulates a minimum 3 or 6 month passport validity requirement and so as long as the passport is valid for the duration of the holiday and meets the entry requirements of the country being visited, then there should be no problem.

David :wave
Thanks David & Dazbo I will pass the information on to my friend. :tup
Thanks Darren, I appreciate the effort you've made there. I'm not a happy flyer so I generally try and just look out of the window and work out where we are.
DuDuDugarry,

Jet2 flight crew are usually pretty good at describing the route after take off. I'm sure you'll have a great flight. I once had the captain of a Jet2 flight from Malaga to Blackpool (Manchester in the end!) come and sit with us and have a chat about the flight, routing, aircraft, Jet2 operations etc but that's a long story and not the norm!

Darren
To Popsy20 - congratulations on your good news. If it is any help to you, I flew at 20 weeks on our daughter with no problems of having to notify anyone. I think it is just as another person here said a limit of about 27 weeks. It would be no harm to read your travel insurance policy just to see if there is anything in there. By the way, our daughter is now 14!! colettemc
Hello All :D
I have decided to go for online check-in and silly me, I've gone and checked-in the first member of my nine-person party at home, where I haven't got a printer. I thought I would have had the option to go back at a later date and print it off at work. This is not an option, as far as I can see anyway....
I have read on through this forum, and saw that the only way to rectify this problem is to check in manually at the airport.Since I have such a large party, I was wondering if I would be able to go ahead and check in the other eight people online, and check in the final person manually at the bag drop area of the departure airport.

I am flying in three weeks and am anxious to get an answer... hope you guys can help :D
To HolidayBoy2008,

I was checking my party of 3 in, and for some reason, after I entered one of the names, the whole thing disappeared off my screen, with no passport details etc. having been entered. When I tried to get it back, my booking said this person was checked in. So after some panic setting in, I asked here, and the advice is to revert to manual check in.

However, the person you have checked in on line but with no boarding pass print-out, will be the one who will have to queue at manual check in, where, on giving the booking reference to the check in staff, they should receive a boarding card. If you check the other members of your party in online, and print out their boarding passes, they are the only ones who can check in at ''bag drop''. Also, explain what happened to the jet2 staff at the desk.

I hope this makes sense and helps.
ccmc :)
Does anyone know if JET2.COM are going to gran canaria this winter as there have been no flights advertised so far.
I had already booked up to go from Newcastle by this time last year and have rang their customer services (foreign call centre) who where usless and could only repeat several times that there were no flights going to las palmas so far from any uk airport.
So I would be very gratefull if anyone knows if they are going there this winter from newcastle airport.
many thanks
mark
I got caught out badly last year. Wanted to fly to Barcelona from Leeds. Told that there were no flights on the dates I wanted as the summer season had finished.
Booked and flew with Monarch from Manchester to find that there was a winter programme but no one could tell me this when I tried to book.
Obviously it worked out much more expensive as I had the cost of a taxi to and from Manchester.

Sue
To Holiday Boy

If you go back to On line check-in there is an option at the bottom to reprint your Boarding pass.

Regards

emeritus
This winter (please lets have a summer first!) Jet2 will operatea limited series of flights from Leeds to New York. Charter basis operation departing Leeds 6th and 13th November and 4 and 11 December n partnership with Jet2Holidays.

Maybe they will follow Globespan in trying pond hopping in more a regular basis. Quite an interesting move bearing in mind current global economic conditions.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.