Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I don't think they fly to las palmas. Lanzarote and tenerife south but not las palmas.

ccmc
Thanks, we flew to Las Palmas with them this March so it looks like they've dropped the flight.
Have another look on the site, just to double check.
ccmc
Can anyone tell me does it matter if you dont check in online im flyin from newcastle next Friday and it invited me to check in online but when it brought up the passengers it would only let me click on one of them i think i would rather do it at the airport will that be ok . Thanks Diane.
di39,

As far as I can tell, you can only check in one passenger at a time, and when you print out the boarding pass, you then continue with the next person, and so on.

No, you do not have to check in on line, you are perfectly free to queue up as normal, its just quicker, that's all.
hope this helps, ccmc
Does anyone know how strictly the hand baggage dimensions are enforced? Currently trying to measure various rucksacks/bags!!
jim98 I have also tried to find out if they are going to las palmas without much sucess - I E-MAILED customer services and their reply was totally useless, as all they would say was that no decision had been made yet and just keep looking out for my e-mail alerts but this is no good if you are going to paying for somewhere to stay then find out you cannot get the flights you want.

mark
only me again, am i right in thinking that you can only check in online if you pre book your seats, as when i have tried to do it a box pops up saying u have to select your seat first and that is 3.99 each way. Diane.
delia,

There is a frame intoo which you can put your hand luggage to check if its ok at the check in desks.

I wouldn't go over their measurements as they are strict about all of that.

ccmc
Very strict. I have a trolley little case and they told me it was too large to use as hand baggage. I knew it was inside the allowed but I had to fit it in what they have to measure. When she saw how it fitted she then asked me "Where did you buy it" It is more usual for them not to fit but I had found this at TK Maxx. Atlantic is the make.

Don't risk it as they will make you check it in and then charge it as hold baggage and probably have to pay excess for the total weight. £6 per Kilo I think.

Sue
can anyone please answer my earlier question about online check in as we go on Friday thanks Diane.
Hi Diane.

Yes, to check in online, you must pay for each seat. We thought it was worth it not to have to stand in the check in queue at the airport.
Diane,

I did answer your question right underneath where you posted it.
ccmc
Thanks for that you have answered my question, i think ill just check in at the airport cos it will cost me more money. Thanks Diane.
Jet2 Leeds/Bradford to Alicante summer 2009 are now on sale, I have just booked mine :D
Just back from Menorca with JET2. Flew from Leeds Bradford. Booked our seats on line and didnt bother with online check in. Glad we didnt bother as the plane was only a small one going out and we only queued for about 5 minutes. Coming back, very much the same thing but a bigger plane and half empty. The whole service out to Mahon and also back was absolutely perfect. But they were still trying to flog the extra legroom seats during the flight for £10 and JET2 have a bigger seat pitch anyway so nobody took them up on their offer. We got stung for excess baggage coming back. 3 kilos over and it cost us 9 euros per kilo. I have since looked at my booking confirmation and it says excess baggage is charged at 8 euros but i cant be bothered to complain for 3 euros, but other people may need to be a little bit aware.
Like i say perfect flights both ways and will travel from Leeds Bradford in future if at all possible.

linsi
I have just booked a flight with Jet2 and during the process i was told that an allowance of 17kg pp was included in the fare and so did not book any extra baggage.I received my confirmation by email and it says that i only have hand luggage allowance and that i have to pay for hold luggage!is this right?I find this very confusing and have spoken to them this morning,and was told i had to pay the extra and thats that.I am quite peeved as a flight with another airline would now have worked out cheaper.Is there anything i can do about this?
Thanks
Hi Pat ... the fare quoted does include a hold luggage allowance of 17kgs, meaning only that anything above 17kgs would be subject to an excess baggage charge.

However, the fare quoted does not include a baggage fee. Each item of hold baggage is subject to a fee, which varies according to whether the baggage is booked and paid online, on phone, or at the airport.

More info here:
http://www.jet2.com/questions/baggage-advice.aspx

David :wave
Hello

I am flying with jet2 next week was just wondering do they allocate you a seat number when you check in or do you just have to find a seat once boarded like you do with easy jet there is myself and three children travelling thanks catherine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.