Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've booked the 2-3-2 seats for when we travel to Cancun in 4 weeks time and a friend who also booked them returns on Monday 29th Nov, so I'll get feedback then. As far as I know they have the full 33" pitch and you have a much wider aisle next to you, so more of a spacious feel. That 3-3-3 configuration is rather strange as it suits neither couples or the "average" family of 4.

Be aware that..
a. the "2" seat rows are a popular option and seem to get pre-booked very quickly
b. the first row (37 I think) has the TV stowed in the armrest, not in the seat back in front. Not sure if that's good or bad, but my buddy will report back as he's in that row.
nedbowler,

I've flown on several A330/A340's on the pairs of seats towards the rear. They're ideal if you're travelling as a couple and as Crockett mentions, they're popular and get booked up quickly. Seat pitch and facilities are exactly the same as the other seats apart from the first row of 2-3-2 (row 37) where the outer seats have a small amount (and I'll emphasise small amount) of extra room as they're at a slight angle to those infront.

Darren
Crockett wrote:
b. the first row (37 I think) has the TV stowed in the armrest, not in the seat back in front. Not sure if that's good or bad, but my buddy will report back as he's in that row.

Not sure where you get this info from, the screens are all in the seat back (all the 2's) APART from EXIT rows 9 and 30.
It is expected Thomas Cook are to return three of their current Airbus A330-200's, the original Thomas Cook Airlines ships (G-OJMB/C & G-TCXA) when their current lease expires in November 2011. The ex My Travel A332's (G-OMYT, G-MDBD & G-MLJL) will remain for long haul operations.

Darren
Hey does anyone know the IFE for thomas cook longhaul?? Flying to Puerto Plata on saturday....cheers
Jonouk1211,

Current IFE is listed in their inflight magazine. A link is on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Is it still too early to know where the Gatwick to Goa (Friday) flight will have come in from, and the flight number of the incoming flight?
Due to travel on 10th December.
Many thanks
Mobor One,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information, saves us having to dig them out. Is it TCX049K/L? There isn't a clear flight number that I can see before it and it's changed weekly so far this month.

Darren
Thanks Darren.
I'm picking the tickets up at the weekend, so I'll come back on Monday with the exact flight numbers.
Speak to you soon.
Hi does anybody know the aircraft that will be operating my flight back to manchester from tenerife....

TCX341L TFS - MAN.???
Jonouk1211,

I'm on my mobile at the moment so can't check. I'll have a look in the morning for you when I get home. It should be a Boeing 757-200, possibly the larger 767-300/ER.

EDIT: Just checked, and it's showing at a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
my flight to pop is in the morning... tcx062k from man... does anyone know where it is coming in from??
Jonouk1211,

That was a little late in the day to post as you'll have gone by the time we've had chance to reply!

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
It is expected Thomas Cook are to return three of their current Airbus A330-200's, the original Thomas Cook Airlines ships (G-OJMB/C & G-TCXA) when their current lease expires in November 2011. The ex My Travel A332's (G-OMYT, G-MDBD & G-MLJL) will remain for long haul operations.

Darren

Hi Darren,
Are they scalling back their long haul ops or are they getting replacements?
rhodgreen,

They've already scaled back long haul ops.

Darren
What Aircraft Guide

The following link to the Seat Plans is broken

Thomas Cook Airbus A330-200 (Original TCX aircraft; G-OJMB/C & G-TCXA)

Cheers
AlanSinfield,

Welcome onboard :tup
Thanks, I'm aware a few of the links aren't working as Thomas Cook Airlines have recently switched their website and removed the seating plans. I'll update it with new links soon.

Darren
Cheers

Great forum!

In that case, do you know if 9D/9E/9F are on the first row of Economy on both the Ex MyTravel A330's and the TCX ones.

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.