Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I don't know off hand what the excess luggage charge is but if they do charge (check in persons discretion) I would think it would be per kilo. If it was only such a small amount and they wanted to charge I would just put some extra clothes on till I got on the plane.
Mobor One,

TCX are very strict with luggage weight and will charge for anything over your allowance. They'll round it up normally. It's £12 per kg currently on mid / long haul flights, £10 on short haul (cheap by some long haul scheduled carriers prices, up to £35 per kg!).

Darren
Is it possible to check in the night before with Thomas Cook at Manchester Airport?

If not any idea what time in the morning the ticket on departure desk opens at Manchester?

Tickets are lost in the post and I don`t fancy long queues, waiting for a ticket on departure, then another queue at check in.
christine w,

Thomas Cook no longer offer day before check-in. The ticket desk is open from the early hours. Queues shouldn't be too bad at check-in this time of year, especially for flights departing before 10am or after lunchtime.

Darren
All,

Could someone let me know the registrations of the A332s TCX will use over this winter for the UK ?

Many many thanks in advance !

Julmops
Julmops,

G-MLJL, G-MDBD, G-OMYT and G-TXCA. G-OJMB/C are with TCX Scandanavia.

Darren
Hi there,
flying to Hurgarda from Manchester on 19/2/11 for 1 week. flight no TCX253K/L. It says is a B763. I know Thomas Cook have stopped IFE on short flights but does Egypt count as short or might we have IFE?
Also this flight departs at 9am, will it be coming from another destination, if so where??

thanks in advance because I'm sure someone will know, they always have done in the past!!!
merry Christmas to all
janx
Borogirl,

TCX no longer show IFE on their narrow bodied aircraft, it's not really determined by destination. As your flights are operated by the wide bodied Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglets), IFE is still shown. Egypt is classed as a medium haul flight. You'll find further details on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

I'm mobile at the moment to can't check on the flight before. I'll have a look when I'm back in the morning.

EDIT: It looks like the aircraft lands in the early hours then has 5 or 6 hours on the ground before operating you flight. I can't tell you where from as the ACARS log is a callsign rather than flight number.

Darren
What a fast reply! Good news about IFE
Thanks so much Darren
Jan :)
Thanks Darren shame they no longer offer day before check in.
Hi Darren,

I am in the process of booking a holiday with Thomas Cook. On their website they have given me the date and times of the flight but no flight number or type. Is there anyway based upon this limited information you can help me out with a) airline & b) type?

Many thanks in advance,

Adam

Sunday 30th January LGW - SSH Dept 1240

Monday 31st January LGW - SSH Dept 1000

Sunday 30th January MAN - SSH Dept 0700

Sunday 30th January MAN - SSH Dept 0900

Monday 31st January MAN - SSH Dept 1110
ad00am,

Most, if not all are TCX Boeing 757-200's. We don't mind digging out flight informatin for specific flights you are on, but haven't got the time to trawl through a list, considering you won't be flying on some of them.

Darren
I am flying in the next few days and a bit worried about the snow, and my return flight(25 Dec) because I have heard a rumour that it is departing from Glasgow and then picking up at Manchester on the outboud journey. Anys idea if this is true. Is the flight on the 18th Dec the same or will the aircraft be stood at manchester overnight ready for the early morning departure.

Any idea what type of aircraft they might be using.

18 Dec Man/Alc TCX750K departure
25 Dec Alc/Man TCX 567L return
Thanks in advance
christine w,

MAN-ALC-MAN (TCX750K/567L) are showing as a Boeing 757-200 here. There's no suggestion that any flight operates anything other than non-stop that I can see at the moment. Where has the rumour come from? Even if it does originate at GLA, it shouldn't effect your plans unless the flight times change and you should be notified of that.

Darreb
Someone said that Luci flight had been affected and that it was going via Man on Christmas day.I was worried because forcast is for more snow and Glasgow airport has been shutting when the snow is bad.

Thanks Darren for your time and putting up with me fusssing
Darren,

I appreciate your point. I shall find out the flight number from the travel agent before posting again,

Thank you for what you have already done,

Adam
christine w wrote:
I am flying in the next few days and a bit worried about the snow, and my return flight(25 Dec) because I have heard a rumour that it is departing from Glasgow and then picking up at Manchester on the outboud journey. Anys idea if this is true. Is the flight on the 18th Dec the same or will the aircraft be stood at manchester overnight ready for the early morning departure.

Any idea what type of aircraft they might be using.

18 Dec Man/Alc TCX750K departure
25 Dec Alc/Man TCX 567L return
Thanks in advance

christine w wrote:
Someone said that Luci flight had been affected and that it was going via Man on Christmas day.I was worried because forcast is for more snow and Glasgow airport has been shutting when the snow is bad.

Thanks Darren for your time and putting up with me fusssing

This is correct, it is not a rumour. The TCX flight which was due to depart GLA at 0600 on 25 December is now departing at 0700 and going to ALC via MAN arriving at ALC at 1235. The return flight is unchanged.

If there was any change to your flight details TC would have advised you by letter.

luci :wave
Hi Luci are you on that flight. I hope the snow dosen`t stop it departing. If you are I will wave to you at the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.