Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Popsider,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The seat back screens are touchscreen as chances are, it'll be a former My Travel A332 (with the external flight cameras).

Darren
One for Dazbo I think:

I think that TCX95K to Goa on December 26th is the plane that will have hopefully just returned from a Manchester to Puerto Plata trip (and maybe it is off on a Manchester to Montego Bay & back again trip today?) but is it too early to ask which specific plane it is: i.e. - Thomas Cook plane (seat back TVs etc) or is it an ex-My Travel plane (downstairs toilets & external cameras etc)?

I would be grateful for any accurate information. Reason for asking: nosey & just like to know these things!

Thanks

H.
hemingway,

It's too early to know the specific registration as they swap and change them all the time. I'll know the day before but the forums will be closed for christmas so I'll not be able to post it for you. There are currently 3x A332's in service, all are ex-MYT so that's what you'll be on. G-TCXA is normally in the UK, but that's been operating with TCX Scandanavia as well recently. The original TCX aircraft (G-OJMB/C) are in use by TCX Scandanavia at the moment.

Have a great holida and christmas :cheers

Darren
Thanks for that Darren, after the problems on the Thomson flight to Mexico, I was hoping the seat back T.V's would be handset controlled like the ones I have seen in the videos. :(

We fly out on the 2nd of January from Manchester on Flight No: TCX95K returning 2 weeks later on TCX95L.

Might try to get on the back row of Premier Class if poss, to avoid having a T.V at the back of my headrest.

Thanks again for your help.

:tup
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
hemingway,

It's too early to know the specific registration as they swap and change them all the time. I'll know the day before but the forums will be closed for christmas so I'll not be able to post it for you. There are currently 3x A332's in service, all are ex-MYT so that's what you'll be on. G-TCXA is normally in the UK, but that's been operating with TCX Scandanavia as well recently. The original TCX aircraft (G-OJMB/C) are in use by TCX Scandanavia at the moment.

Have a great holida and christmas :cheers

Darren

MB and XA are back flying in UK
Popsider wrote:
Thanks for that Darren, after the problems on the Thomson flight to Mexico, I was hoping the seat back T.V's would be handset controlled like the ones I have seen in the videos. :(

We fly out on the 2nd of January from Manchester on Flight No: TCX95K returning 2 weeks later on TCX95L.

Might try to get on the back row of Premier Class if poss, to avoid having a T.V at the back of my headrest.

Thanks again for your help.

There are controls in the armrest to control the system too
Thanks MikeBravo. MB & XC were still showing DK flight prefixes up to this morning.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
hemingway,

Have a great holida and christmas

Darren

MB and XA are back flying in UK

Darren/Mike Bravo,

Thanks for the information - hopefully it will be G-TCXA if I am correct in thinking that it is the 'newest' plane of the TCX longhaul fleet?

Regards

Hemingway.
Hemingway, it's the newest and the only one with On Demand IFE.

However, seating is absolutely atrocious ... Never been so badly seated in a plane ever ... I was in Premium though so can't comment on Economy but it was really bad ...
Julmops,

Thanks for the info, as far as seating goes, exit row seats are the way forward.

Other than that safety, on time & no screaming kids are the priorities for us.

Regards

H.
I couldn't agree more Hemingway ! Especially on the 3rd point but flying charter, there's virtually impossible to do without ... It's where you appreciate the IFE or a good Ipod ! ;-)

I'm flying with my partner on 25th Jan to Cayo Coco and we are trying the back of the aircraft where the window seats are in pairs instead of three. A little more comfort I take it.

Happy travels and merry Christmas to all !!
Thanks for that Mike Bravo, that's great news, I don't think I could take another 10hrs each way with my head doing it's impression of Woody Woodpecker!!!.

Talking about IFE, I've checked Thomas Cook Travel magazine online and it seems that at least 2 of the movies each way are "Premium".

Does it mean that only Premium Class can watch them ? Is there anything else in the IFE that is restricted to Premium ?

I'm flying in Eco.

Many thanks in advance !

Julmops
Julmops,

Premium movies are only for those who have upgraded to the premium cabin. It's one of the extras you pay for. Everything else is standard.

Darren
Another question for the experts.

Do you know what is the usual route TCX takes from Gatwick to Cayo Coco ? Is it going very much up North England, Scotland, South Greenland, Canada, US East Coast route or does it go more like Wales, Ireland and then straight over the Atlantic one ?

Thanks !

Julmops
Julmops,

It depends on many factors on the day such as prevailing weather, jetstream position and air traffic, but it would be something like the following;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/LGW-CCC-1.jpg

You'll normally depart Gatwick and head out over Wales, over southern Ireland (Shannon) then straight across the Atlantic to Newfoundland, down the eastern seaboard of America, out over the Bahamas then in to Cuba. You'll normally be closer to the coast than shown on the great circle map, but you get the idea.

If traffic is heavy or the jetstream further south than normal, aircraft are sometimes routed over the Azores to the south, then across the northern Caribbean Islands. It's not common to go that way though unless you're heading for the eastern Caribbean islands.

Darren
That's brilliant !

Once again many thanks Darren !!
Hi, New to this bear with me.
Booked for Cuba flying T Cook into Varadero, advertised with 33" seat pitch on A330. Guess what? Tickets just arrived homebound flight now on B763 with no extra leg room seats left available. Can anyone confirm my fears for this 10hr+ flight. With a history of DVT, not looking forward to it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.