Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,
we went to Marmaris in the first week of october a couple of years ago and there was still plenty of nightlife with all the bars still open.The resort might be a bit quieter then and the weather a little cooler,low 30's ,far more bearable.The Nergis Hotel is only about 40 yards from the beach,No 98 on this map,
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=43056
Hi
I went in the middle of October last year and stayed at the Turqouise Apartments. The weather was just nice, but rather chilly in the evening. I would recommend a light jacket.

There was still enough going on in the evening, especially in the bars on the beach front. You could just walk into the restaurants and the service is much better as not as many clients to see to.

One thing i did notice and that was that the pool water was freezing at this time of year, not sure why, the first couple of days it was fine, then it was unbearable, and im no wimp.
Hi
Our first visit to Icmeler 6 years ago was 15th Oct and the first week was fine but bars and restaurants were then beginning to close down around us and some were running out of spirits and ice creams etc. Been again in Oct (3rd) and it was quite busy, weather was lovely and saw nowhere closed so you should be fine.
Shaz150
Turkish cuisine is great for vegetarians, they do wonderful things with vegetables and the quality and taste of them is superb.
We went to Marmaris in October last year and it was freezing in the evening. Not enough blankets on the beds. Take a hot water bottle! I wore extra clothes in bed! Its warmer during the day directly in the sun and you could get a tan but the temp drops a lot at night. Didnt even bother going in the sea or pool - too cold!
we went to bodrum in oct last year[cant remember date] weather in the 80 s cooler at night, did not mind as easier to sleep without a/c on[i have a apt there] we drove to ephesus from bodrum, a nice drive,it was still very hot, but things were windung down a bit i must admit,would not recommend going to ephesus in july & august[ no shadeanywhere there]
HI

MY HUSBAND AND I VISIT MARMARIS IN OCTOBER EVERY YEAR, FOR OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, (35YRS THIS YEAR).

IT IS A REALLY PLEASANT TIME TO GO, LAST YEAR WAS EXCEPTIONALLY BUSY.

THE WEATHER IS GREAT, EVERYTHING IS STILL IN FULL SWING, AND GENERALLY YOU TEND TO GET BETTER BARGAINS IN THE SHOPS AND MARKETS.

WE HAVE VISITED MANY PLACES ON HOLIDAYS, BUT MARMARIS ALWAYS SEEMS TO PULL US BACK.

THE PEOPLE ARE THE BEST YOU COULD WISH TO MEET.

REGARDS MARNIE

XXX

*Edit please do not post in caps Briar
We usually go in Oct but have to admit last years weather was appalling!! Went 8th oct. Been last week oct and had lovley days but cool evenings. Been second to last week Oct been lovely day and evening. Last year went early AND weather appalling day and night!!! Trying for last week of Sept this year so fingers crossed
Thanks for the replies guys, I really can't wait.
i agree with sue, we go every oct and weather has always been lovely in the day but chilly at night, and the apts we had didnt provide enough blankets and refused to give us any more, we were freezing and had to use towels, this spoilt our stay somewhat, im going again this oct and hope same thing doesnt happen although i am opting for an all inc 4 star so should be better ,fingers crossed
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.