Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Situated around 2km from the center of Icmeler at the back beside the Mountain, Your very close to Icmeler's market which is on a Wednesday all day, Excursions should be purchased from the many shops that sell these all over Icmeler the more you book with a company the less you will pay overall for your Excursions, No waterparks in Icmeler, Icmeler has 100s of restauraunts all over just choose one and prepared to be spoilt with lovely food all over.
I've added these apartments to our review site.

If anyone has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Many thanks :tup
Hi, a good day out is to be had at dalyan mud baths reached by a great boat ride followed by a visit to turtle beach where would you believe it , turtles hatch and live.
many excursions are cheaper from the small kiosks/shops dotted around icemeler and marmaris.
ephesis and pemukalae are good too , from the ancient ruins of this massive city of ephesis to the calcified waterfalls down the mountainside at pemukalae. we did this as a 2 day trip as its a long way to either from resort but they are quite near to each other.
we also went on the catamaran to bodrum which to be honest was expensive and we thought it wouldnt make it as it was so dated. the following week we went back but this time by public transport (bus) from the main bus station in marmaris, it took about 3 hours but was comfortable with many stops and very cheap in comparison. you could return on any bus that day which was handy as you were more flexible then. when we went on the fast catamaran it took nearly 2 hours and only allowed us to stay for @ 3 hours (and it cost a fortune)
my tip is - shop around. don't book from your rep as they are a rip off and all ours through mr travel of marmaris used the same coaches and guides as the tour operators.i.e we were sat next to passengers from thompsons,first choice etc who in some cases like ephesis had paid 3 times as much money to go on the same tour and stay at the same overnight hotel.
enjoy icemeler and marmaris we did and are going back this august for more.
p.s dont do the pirate boat trip - all they do is go out to sea for @ 6 hours with plastic sandwiches for lunch and the obligatory swim after youve eaten and drank their alcohol. you may as well stay on the beach as its only a floating sun lounger.
enjoy your holiday :sun2
Thank you for your replies, we are very exicited but a little apprehensive as previously we have always gone to familiar resorts in Spain or Bulgaria. Thought we would venture that little bit further and widen our travel knowledge
hi januarybabe if you have two 14 yr olds they will love the jeep safari but dont put on new clothes and be prepared for a big water fight my kids loved it we stayed in marmaris were we booked the safari marmaris is only five minute bus journey or taxi from were your staying also you must do a boat trip with them . there are also a couple of water parks in marmaris so just have a hunt about don't worry you will have bags of fun. happy hols :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.