Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi and welcome to HT!

If you use the Search facility you will find several topics on the company in both this and our DIY forum.

luci :wave
I'd just like to give Alpha Rooms a pat on the back. I had an e-mail from them a couple of days ago to let me know that the hotel I'd booked for Monday week had been closed. They offered me another hotel for the same price, 5* rather than the 3* booked, or to refund my money, I phoned them to ask if there were any other alternatives as the new hotel was a bit further away from where I'd wanted to be and they said they would contact their suppliers and get back to me. Having thought it over, checking the map and reading reviews, I e-mailed them again saying I would accept their suggestion and have now received a new voucher. The lady to whom I spoke was apologetic and helpful. It is not the fault of companies such as Alpharooms when hotels close but the way this is dealt with makes all the difference and I was quite happy with the way the problem was managed.
Thats good Pat that you have been upgraded to a 5star hotel. :tup
I must say though I had my one and only Holiday from Hell with Alpha rooms a few years ago.
We booked to go to Portugal at Christmas as my family were all going to be at different parts of the globe that year.2005.
We thought we were going to Tavira but ended up in Cabannas which was literally shut.
There were bulldozers demolishing a childrens club while we were there and the resort was like a building site.
The hotel was full of teenagers from a swimming club who just run riot.
To cap it off a lady checked in on Christmas day with her dog who proceeded to sit in the lounge and poo!
The dog that is not the lady :rofl .When I told the receptionist he said not to worry the lady would clean it up when she unpacked. :yikes
Apparently we were handed to Jumbo Tours by Alpha rooms for some unknown reason.
I contacted Ros Fernihough who used to help HT members and she managed to get all out money back. :tup
Oh Jean, what an horrendous experience for you and I'm so pleased that Ros managed to get your money back, though that hardly compensated for your Christmas being ruined. I take it that you didn't know of the change of location in advance, whereas I had the double advantage of being informed over a week before I was due to go and knowing the area, though not the specific hotel, so I was able to make an informed choice.

I must admit though that I can't stop giggling as I think there was probably a letter missing from your account of the dog as neither they nor their lady owners usually make much mess if they merely 'sit'. :rofl

Wish you were going to be in Sousse or PEK at the same time as me as I'd love to meet up again.
Sorry Jean, I've just realised I misread your post regarding the dog as 'sit in the lounge and pool' I really will have to get some glasses!!
How long are you going to be in Sousse for?
We are dog/house sitting at the moment but will be looking for a holiday when we get home next weekend and PEK/Sousse is a likely candidate. :tup
Only 11 days this time Jean, from 5th - 16th November, staying at Orient Palace. I'll PM you my Tunisian phone number in case you are there around that time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.