Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
aha..you had me there!!! :D
Who goes on holiday to go to the bookies :?: Sad person or what - its like going to Majorca and not experiencing tapas.
Ann2 what someone chooses to do on their holidays is surely their concern. Each to their own, live and let live ever heard these phrases. If you have nothing to add to the post then why not just ignore it rather than add spiteful comments.

Stewart
Ann why are you being so rude? The reason I come on to this site is because other people can help me with queries as they have been before.

I can help others with my experience also. Its a wonderful, friendly, helpful site.

I think it is extremely unhelpful to make comments such as these. People like to do all sorts of things while away on holiday, who on earth is anyone to judge what is "having a good time" To call someones a "sad person" is an extremely rude comment in my view. If you cant contribute positively with some help then dont bother, skip to another question.

Shoestring sorry I cannot help you about the bookies, but had to make that comment. 8)
  • Edited by tootsie 2005-06-28 13:47:20
his best bet :P
would be to set up an internet betting account and visit a web cafe
making sure he dont save his account details on the computer he used.
cheers...no chance with him....computer(il)literate! :wink:
Hi shoestring, I tried loads to help you, but failed. Why don't you ask the staff at hotel when you get there?
cheers cloggy...many thanks....i go to Alcudia Friday.mate is going to Cala d'or..just need to tell him..no luck, he can ask at hotel.
cheers
Show respect and courtesy to all other users
Do not allow yourself to be drawn into conflict with another user. We will not accept personal attacks from one user toward another and this will be dealt with very severely. If a situation arises that you feel may be getting out of hand inform a moderator or myself via Personal Messaging. We will then attempt to deal with the situation.

further offensive posts will be deleted and the member will face a strike or even a ban

Biff
Shoestring
there is a bar apposite the jupiter saturno in Alcudia which takes bets and shows racing on tv
I'm sure your friend will find similar in his resort

HTH
Biff
have been to cala d'or 5 times and not ever seen a bookies there, sorry, but i wasnt looking for one when i was out there so you never know.
Thank you all for help..
eddie shoestring,
private ear. 8)
There is a Scots bar in the middle of Palma Nova on the beach side that takes bets and show the races live

Robert.
The Tarton arms in Cala D'or center has weekly race nights where you can place as many bets as you like. Its not the real thing but with beer and betting involved may be just as good. The owners Bill and Annette are Scottish so it makes him angry when the English clean up the winnings! We have always had a good night there. Good luck.
Steve.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.