Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Building Works
108 Posts
we had to cancel our holiday to atlantic gardens as we where due to travel d9th feb next year but thomas cook wrote to us and told us there was alot of building work going on and wouldnt be finished in febuary we are now going to fuerteventura beach club caleta de fustes in march
Having only returned on the 13th of November from these apartments, we could not find anything that would really spoil your holiday unless your apartment actually backed on to the works, we were the next row away from the building work and never heard a thing, but my brother in law backed on to it and after week decided to ask for a move (they are still there now). I actually took a photo of the work which only consisted of one bulldozer with bucket and the odd wagon being loaded with what it had dug out. The work started at 07:00 each morning and lasted till early evening. I cant actually say if you could hear the work from the pool area, as we are beach lovers and those lovely dunes called us over everyday.

I believe it could be a problem when full building work starts, but don't know when that is.

John
Hi FairyKat, we just got back from the Atlantic Gardens and let me assure all those with concerns...forget them! The place is lovely and clean, plenty to do with entertainment every evening, very little in the way of noise, we heard nothing but did meet one French couple who asked to be moved, and were.

I have some picks of the hotel and the resort, if you would give me an address to send them (e-mail that is). We are gonig to go back in the summer for two weeks, Ab Fab
Dan and Annmarie
:o

Oh you are a star! my email address is Thanks again :P

Kate x

Edited by Biff
Kate plase use pm service Do not place you email address in posts
Did`nt think there would be so many hits on this one when I put it on, but I have just booked to go to Atlantic Garden at the end of January so We will get to see it at last from the inside, hope its as good as it sounds.
Charles
I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Atlantic Garden Apartments in Fuerteventura. We had a great week despite the indescribable level of noise from the building site near the front entrance to the complex. We were unlucky enough to be put in room 181 which was possibly the closest room to the site and our bedroom literally shook from 8am-6pm daily. Our only rest days were New Years day and the Sunday as the builders weren't working. As the rooms at the Atlantic Garden span quite some distance, there are no doubt rooms that wouldn't be troubled with the noise. Like I say, we were right next to the problem. We asked to be moved immediately but the staff claimed the complex was full. A little hard to believe as there were never many guests around and there must be hundreds of rooms.
Despite, all of this, there was nothing else wrong at all with the complex and we just made the most of the resort to get away from the noise!
So IS Atlantic Gardens good? I'm going on my first holiday without my parents for my birthday so I want it to be decent. Also does anyone know of any surf shops in Corralejo where i can hire a board for a week...? any response will be very much appreciated. :D
The Atlantic Garden Apartments are very good if you don't get a room next to the building site!! They are clean with a lovely pool area and friendly staff. There are a few Surf Shops along the main street that hire out surf boards, can't remember any names but you'll see them if you walkalong the main drag. Have a good holiday. :D
Hi Going1st
had a look at the atlantic garden site, looks good, hope the weather is good for the next couple of weeks, the pool looks very inviting.
well done for find the site.
Charle Hemingway :D :D
Hi, we have just booked to visit these apartments, flying out 27th July 2005 and we cant wait. Was a little worried at first having read the first few messages but towards the end it got better and we are now really looking forward to our holliday. Good news about the water park, we are taking four children with us and they love water parks. Would love to see some photos if their are any available still.

Donna and Steve
:D
Donna and Steve....we also have booked to go to the Atlantic Garden apartments on July 27th!!....here's hoping we are not in apartments 180 and upwards.....would also appreciate any links to the waterpark...see you there...
:o
For Donna and Steve or anyone else interested...click on the link for great photos of Baku waterpark.....

a big thankyou to Pudd'n'Paul for this link...

cheers!

:glynis
Edited to remove link which wasn't working, and was also affecting page displays.
David HTMod
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Hi everyone,
Ive been so busy i completely forgot about the concerns with this hotel complex! I see loads of you now have beenout here and seen for yourself how good the complex is in terms of value for money. There is building work going on in earnest now on plot next door, the apartments to avoid are: 180 to 193 these are the ground floor apartments, and the ones above them are 280 to 293 all these apartments overlook the building plot and are likely to be a bit noisy during the day. Shouldnt be too bad though, and if you are in your room all day, then it will bother you, but do you go on holiday to sit in your room!!

check out things to do at http://www.fuerteventuragrapevine.net and for mini video and pics of the Atlantic Gardens go to http://www.key-fuerteventura.com its a friends estate agency who are selling off some of the apartments, but it gives you an insight into what you can expect.

Plenty to do in the area, great waterpark, jet-ski's, boat trips, surf shops and great surfing beaches, big game fishing, quad bike tours and 4x4 overland tours to the shipwreck. plus loads more.
my website for pics etc will be operational in two weeks, with detailed photos/plans/tours etc of the island and hotel /resort guide.
anyone interested in my tours etc or info, just send me a private email and ill mail you back the stuff you need.
happy holidays folks!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
laurie

:D WOW the waterpark looks absolutely fantastic. Kids cannot wait to get there now. Thankyou so much for sending us the link.
Hi I'm going to the Atlantic Gardens in June. I'll take loads of pictures and let you all know what I thought.

Sounds really nice though from other reviews.

Dan
Signed up to go to atlantic gardens on 27th July. would love laurie's info and pics.
Also, is anyone taking teenagers we could pal up with - ours are 17 (male) and 15 (female)?
Deb :wink: :roll: 8)
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted here for a while as been very busy with the business. Went to A.G. in December last year for first time abroad and it was fantastic. We have just booked to take 14 mates with us in September (and possibly another 8) but there is only 6 rooms left for that week so seems like it is getting more popular. Believe Laurie when he tells you there is nothing to worry about with the building work cuz unless like he said you are in those particular rooms you don't here much.

Also, as it is mainly JMC customers there, the staff will move you first before other guests so just keep on to your holiday reps.

If I could tell you about one place in Fuerteventura it would be to go to a restaurant called Blue Jeans. They serve the most amazing food you will ever taste. I have the Argentinian special steak and couldn't belive my eyes (or my belly) at the food. They are located on the left of the main drag behind a few shops before the Shell garage (ask hotel reception).

Also, if he is still doing his show make sure you see the Elvis and Elton John impressionist. He is fantastic. He was on at the hotel twice and we watched him at Paddy's bar and other places around the town.

Well if anyone wants any information at all about the holiday please email and I can tell you all the best restaurants (I like my food!).

Speak to Laurie if you want the 4x4 tour. Laurie you will need a coach to take our lot to the ship wreck!!!

Going now so catch you all soon and enjoy your holidays!!!

Jason & Dee.

P.S. the nudiest beach is located to the right of A.G.!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.