Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for your lovely report Pixie, so you too have caught the Goa bug. I dont know what it is that makes us keep going back but I know I cant wait for November when I go again
i know what you mean - we are thining about goin back for new year! i dont think ive got rid of my holiday blues yet either! i have never had them this strong before :cry
nice report :tup
So- best get planning the next Goa trip :D
Pixie

I'm feeling like you. Never had holiday blues like I've got this year. Already booked for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year. Seems like an age to wait. Wanted to get a week in before the visa runs out this year but it's not to be. Waiting to hear if I'm going to be made redundant. :que :que

Won't stop us going at Christmas though !!!!!
Brilliant report and smashing pictures. Thanks so much.
Great pictures makes me realise how bad I am

Papa
Great report pixie ,you and mardon have some fantastic photo,s :cheers
annx
daves wife, im so sorry to hear about the possible redundancy!! its a scary time at the moment!!

i really fell in love with goa, thinking about getting involved with the children walking tall organisation!

xx
Thank you Pixie.

Children walking tall is a wonderful organisation. It's something I'd love to do but it would mean leaving hubbie here and I missed him so much when I went on my own for a week last year.
Dave's Wife and Pixie 83 - Thanks for the comments.... :)
Glad you think so... Sorry I'm terrible with usernames on here and meeting people in person, I always get confused, I think it's a sign of my age (I seem to be getting on a bit now) ...
Good report and some nice photos - it's great to see people getting out and about to explore the rest of Goa and India. :)

I am quite looking forward to seeing a quieter Goa next year - recently things have been getting rather hectic. :think

This is strange to me being an Indian.We are one of the top growing economies in the world and till today there is no recession here.

Easily achievable in a country of 1 billion with millions living in poverty and desperate for work of any kind, and at any price.
A lot of that work being paid for by redundancies in Britain and Europe.

I would also point out that while the developed world tries to abide by the Kyoto resolutions on pollution - India and the rest of the developing countries continue to pollute the planet without a care.

Perhaps a holiday forum is not the best place to put forth your political views. :(
However, I can't let you make that statement without a measured response.
Iv'e just been looking at this again, to get me in the mood for going back soon. It's such a good report, with beautiful photos. Anyone thinking of visiting Goa should have a look.
xx lassi
Absolutely loved your report. I am starting to get the calling from Goa myself now. Hope to go back at the end of March early April but I think it may be a bit quiet then

Glad you enjoyed it Pixie
I just read this again myself! Great for reminding me of the odd little thing that I had forgotten.

I had a few friends round the other night and we put on some chilled music and watched slide shows of the photo's from all 4 years! Its driving me crazy having not been this year. May have to look at going December..!

Was this season as quiet as I thought it would be?

Since Rach and I are no longer together (still on good terms though) I may go by myself and literally just get the plane booked and sort everything else out as I go. Would be a real adventure. I may even try Kerala, I need some India magic in my life again!

I'm also pretty sure that their some photo's missing from the holiday. The Wildernest photo's need to go up. I'll upload them if people wish?
Last week in March/1st in April, I thought there was more people around than the previous 2 seasons, even taking a walk down to Aguada you could see all the shacks had customers in, which due to the beach damage was good to see.
Keeping any eye out for next years flights, so deffo going back for us.
Only problem I can see for next season, will be the shack licence issues, and again I could see these not being handed out 'till mid December.
There was plenty of talk again about hotels losing business to shacks, so that is the reason for the delays.
No one will win, as the majority of holiday makers go for the beach/shacks and knowing the situation will not book - so empty hotels and no shack business (another short season - more price hikes).
I just hope it's not going to be granted to allow hotels to take up places with there own shacks.
Spike
I'll upload them if people wish?

Please do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.