Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
We have been back only 2 days. We used Air Asia, I bought the flights in advance, the cost was about £37 return each. bought in advance. Hope this helps.
Oh thank you for that information. We are not going till January but I would like as much info as possible as it took a bit of talking my other half into doing the independent thing. Did you find the whole thing easy to do? I am feeling a bit 'eeek' what have I done. Did you enjoy Krabi. We have so far booked flights to BKK and Krabi accomodation but none in Bangkok as yet.
Have just returned from BKK and Krabi, loved both.

We also used Air Asia, flights were perfect. They do about 4 daily flights from Suvarnabhumi to Krabi.

Thankfully our DIY bookings went very smoothly, the only hiccup being BA/Heathrow on the way back to Edinburgh (as usual). Still waiting on my luggage after 72 hours home :que
Hi Juderamm

Which Hotel are you staying at in Krabi?
Do compare prices you get with Bangkok Airways, easily the best internal airline in Thailand, and worth a few pence more.

Book ahead as January is peak time, and flights will be full.

Alternatively, travel the slow way. Relax and enjoy the scenery, meet the locals, take the train!

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Krabi

No station in Krabi, but the link has details of train / bus combinations.

If you're travelling independently, it's much better seeing the country from ground level as opposed to 30,000 feet!
hi thank you all for your help nice to know flights are available - mm the train idea sounds interesting too. I will be busy uming and ahring over that now! We are looking at Mountain Paradise resort in Aonang. My biggest non decision at the moment is choosing a hotel in Bangkok soooo many to choose from. We thought 3 nights there. I expect we will be busy in those 3 days so a nice comfy clean bed in a good to get about district is all we need but the choices seem so huge. I keep choosing one then deciding on another and so on. I probably end up drawing one out of a hat. I seem to find decision making hard work but once I choose it will be fine we are usualy easily pleased. Thanks again Jude

Ps any tips about anything will be gratefully recieved!
I can recommend highly the Bele-aire Princess or The Landmark in Bangkok, both very near to the Nanu Skytrain. I recently stayed at both in the executive rooms. You will not be dissapointed with either of these two hotels. Sorry for going off topic..
Dusit Thani - adjacent to Sala Daeng Skytrain and metro station is fab, with great views over Lumphini Park. 2 Skytrain stops from Siam Square, 3 stops from the river.

Not the cheapest but certainly not the dearest either.

An oasis in the city ! :)
thank you all the hotels mentioned look great i will be on with that next. Just one more question if I dare! whats the best way to get from airport to hotel and then back to catch transfer to krabi if we do fly. If it is taxi any idea on the costs? If you fly from a different airpot to Krabi are they far from each -I am thinking of our return journey home. Oops I think thats more than one question already. This site is amazing for information I cant leave it alone!
Take a meter taxi from Airport. Pass all of the drivers holding up name cards, come right the way out of the airport to the road, passing all of the touts, turn right on the pavement, you will see a queue (depending what time you land), this is for the meter taxi (go to the desk), to the Sukhumvit area it will cost approx 250 - 300 baht with tip,(this includes toll and the 50 baht airport duty) so about £5. Coming back they tend not to use the meter and I flagged one down from the Landmark Hotel and he wanted 400 baht, I think this is the norm for a return trip to the airport, but still very cheap. As for flights I think a lot of people fly into Phuket then return from Krabi, as for other destinations to reach from Krabi I believe you would have to fly back to Bangkok first to pick up a connecting flight, but I am not 100% sure about this, I am sure others will be able to help you. Good Luck. :) :)
Thanks for that - only about £5 for a taxi that sounds really good! thanks again for your help I am so trying not to get that I told you so look from my OH!! If i get it all right-ish I will be well pleased!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.