Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
49 Posts
Just got back from royal beach barcelo we were put here after the issue with the Victoria Palace (an other story) the serivce was 1st class never ever had issue with food the service was fast and friendly the tables were clean and set the food was Excellent loads of choice didnt matter when we went into dinner the music wasnt the best We were also given lunch on the last day which was the best meal of the whole holiday.This is the best hotel and hotel food in Sunny Beach. Never for the two weeks did we have to reserve a sun bed. Mind you we only went half board so no issues with pool bar or getting drinks in the hotel and if we wanted a drink at the pool we got it from the Red Lion.
are we on the same wavelength????
the service was terrible
food was awful
no entertainment

5 star
i think not
are we on the same wavelength????

Opinions will always vary, look at the reviews for any hotel and some love it, others hate it.

Thanks for doing a review Unrealt.

Peter
peter of york
are you a board moderator????
you seem to be on me very quick
can do this cant do that

goodness sake isnt this a discussion forum !!!!
i am allowed to express MY opinions,
lay off me .
You have expressed your opinion and so has Unrealt.

They are different about the same hotel and that's the way it is sometimes.

You were questioning Unrealt's opinion, and I pointed out why it differs. Have a look at any hotel reviews on any forum and you will find marked differences of opinion.

This I suppose is a discussion on reviews now!

Peter

am allowed to express MY opinions,
lay off me .

yes you are allowed to express opinions, but so is unrealt, even if you don't agree with him. Peter was only pointing out that reviews on any hotels can show some who love a hotel and others who have hated their stay in the same hotel. There was absolutely no criticism of your review there. On another forum yesterday I said what a great stay I had in a Singapore hotel and another regular posted that he wasn't that impressed with his stay. I found that interesting and asked him what he didn't like about his hotel. We both have opinions and they are both as valid.
In this case both your reviews are great to have. Members will appreciate them.
Just wondering has anyone stayed in these apartments.

We have a two bed apartment booked for July and have read elsewhere that two bedroom apartments dont exist. Seemingly they were let down by the builder.

Just wonder before I tackle my travel agent does anyone know if this is true.
Hi

I am almost certain that there are two bedroom apartments in this complex.

I've not stayed there but it certainly looks impressive walking around it and its in a good location.
Hi Waterford2005,

It's not clear from the Barcelo website, merely mentions '150 apartments', there are contact details on the site, if you wish to be certain of the type of apartments that are available.

Baldur
The Barcelo Royal Beach is in an excellent location, right in the centre of the resort. The Majestic is right up the north end of the resort.
Hi

We're looking to go to Bulgaria for the first time in May and considering the Barcelo Royal Beach.

Has anybody stayed here before, how was it and location wise to the resort.

Are there any English restaurants there - we have some fussy eaters in the party :-)

Thanks,
Hi martynh99

There are two reviews of the Barcelo Royal Beach in the Hotel Reviews section. Its location is very central in Sunny Beach - see Sector 'D' of THIS MAP (it's roughly on the site of the old Saturn hotel, which is shown on the out-of-date map).

Baldur
You are centrally located for numerous restaurants. " English" food is available in most restaurants, you also have Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Italian ,Fish and even good old McDonalds. Not far from Royal Beach is Flowers pub/restaurant and you could buy the likes of pie/chips, shepherds pie, etc.

:sun2 Toonman
where is the flowers pub in relation to the royal beach
Hi Martynh99.

You can find the flower pub at the front door of the Svete Hotel from the Barcelo if you head towards the north end of the resort on the beach road you come to the white Victoria hotel just between that and the Chaika the road leading back from the beach takes you up to the flower. :tongue
Thanks mondeo - will give it a try this afternoon.
:tup
Tried to find the Red Lion up near the Neptune that was on one of the links earlier in this thread but couldn't find that either - any ideas on that one ? Is it on the beach side of the Neptun or the road behind where the Iberostar is on ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.