Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Beach Huts
6 Posts
We were in Baga in Dec and went down south for a night to Palolem Beach. Pure heaven, absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. We stayed in Beach huts called Hi Tide for 800rps a night, that was high season before xmas, possibly cheaper now. They were very good; basic but clean and with shower(hot water) and toilet attached. Right on the beach with nice restaurant and bar.
Would def recommend Palolem, taxi there took about 1hr 15 mins and cost 1200rps each way. Have number of guy we used if u want to pm me also phone number of Hi Tide.
We also spent day on Ashvem Beach about 40 mins from Baga, didnt stay overnight, lovely but not as nice as Palolem.
Wherever u go enjoy!
:cheers
stayed in the beach huts on ashvem beach last december for two nights,absolute heaven, lovely quiet beach ,great sea.cant remember name of huts but reasonably priced and clean. the journey there is less hectic than to palolem and the beach itself quieter if thats what you want.night time tends to be quiet too with entertainment based at the shacks but good for chilling and chatting to locals and others on holiday :sun2
As well as Daytripper in Calangute have a look in Johns Boat Trips based in Candolim near the crossroads, and check out the trip to Devbagh Island. This is a really quiet place, after being transfered by 4 wheeler or mini bus you get to the island via a motor boat. You can either book huts on stilts or small cottages. These are all set in shaded trees with hammocks to laze away in or you are just 50 yards away from a clean beach with plenty of free sunbeds and a very calm sea. You have all you want in the accomodation - decent clean beds, hot showers, ceiling fan etc.. Food is buffet style, which was ok but could have been better (if you are 'picky' take some snacks with you as there are no shops at all. Plenty of drinks available also.
We were picked up early morning and were unpacked by lunchtime, so a decent afternoon to chill out. This was then followed by a small BBQ around 6.00pm with a great sunset in the background. At 8.00pm the buffet was opened and the rest of the night is up to you (sit back and chat with others over a drink). Could have done with more than 1 night here.
Another place that is right at the top of our list is Cola Beach, the part we were in consisted of 'Arabian style' tents - excellent.
Again, these were set just away from the beach in shaded trees. An early morning pick up gets you there for mid-day. Buffet style food again for evening meal and breakfast (better than Devbagh), and a few snacks available if needed. Excellent beach and clean sea, with a short walk to the next set up called The Blue Lagoon (I think this is where most people get placed, as where we stayed is supposedly set up for tour operators only). After an evening meal, the camp fire is lit and you get the locals putting on an impressive dance show (about half hour). This is the place to go to, and one I would defo reccommend for more than 1 night if you have the time.
Palolem (as mentioned by others) is one I wouldn't rule out to visit again, but sense that it is now getting like the beaches in Candolim/Calangute with beach sellers hassling you (maybe this has changed ?). I thought the huts on stilts were great fun and a nice set up. We stayed at the Cuba Beach Shack - along with all the others they have accomodation surrounding the main beach shack, but with communal toilets and shower rooms (I gave an impressive display when I didn't realise the door had come off the latch and was soaped up with a crowd watching !!) Food came off a menu, eat what you want, when you want. A small village with a main road leading down to the beach area had quite a few places to eat and shop for nic-knacks. It was busy when we went with a mix of Brits, Germans, Australians and a few Americans. Great time had by all, and a nice get away for a change of scenerey.
I think Big Daddys in Candolim own the Cuba so call in and see them to book it. Other than that, make your own way there and stroll down the beach - plenty of shacks with huts to choose from (some looked better than we were in with private toilet/showers).
Top of my list though - Cola Beach.
Spike.
Wow thanks for the reply Spike! Nice to hear of a few different places, and different options.

Anyone else got anywhere else to throw into the mix? Or experiences?
We stayed at Riva resorts at Mandrem in December. Paid about 750 a night for a beachfront hut with private toilet and shower. You can get cheaper if you don't have the private facilities. It was Christmas time too so its probably cheaper at this time of year. Hut was spacious and clean and the resort itself very quiet. Restaurant food was really good and very reasonably priced......quite a bit cheaper than we had been paying in Candolim. Had a great time there and hoping to go back in March.
Also stayed one night at a great place in vagator but can't remember the name. It was right on top of the hill overlooking small vagator beach. Lovely setting and again the huts were immaculate. Lovely bar which overlooked the beach. We were just passing and liked the look of the place so went in and ended up staying there. Paid 400 a night for those and that was Christmas week too. Well worth it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.