Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi mrcognac when you booked your holiday did you pay for having 5 kilos extra luggage allowance we go in july and paid £30 for 5 kilos extra i dont see how they could only allow 15 kilos if you have paid extra for 20 kilos did you book at travel agents or online :think denham
Hi
When we booked and were told we only had 15kg as i didn't pay for any extra,when we collected our tickets we were told that we had 20kg but when I went back to thomas cook and checked as it did not seem correct they said that we do only have 15kg and that some luggage allowances on some of their tickets were wrong.

bit long winded but I think we got there
Hi mrcognac ... depending on whether you have a booked a package holiday or just a flight, your information may be of more interest to members browsing one of these topics in our other forums:

Thomas Cook Holidays

Thomas Cook Airlines

David :wave
This years brochure does state 15kg and an eatra charge for more. :cry
I am well aware that the brochure does state 15kg and an eatra charge for more but what i am saying is to check the allowance that is stated on your ticket as it is incorrect on some tickets as i know I only have 15kg but my flight ticket says 20kg.
In addition to those topics that I have already linked to, a similar enquiry has arisen HERE about the baggage allowance shown on Thomas Cook tickets. Opinion there is that the info shown on the ticket is correct.

David :wave
You also have 5kg as hand luggage. Could this explain the ticket info?

Dorra
No the 5kg hand luggage is not counted as i checked that to. I ever buy the extra 5kg for my case as i would never use all 20kg and 5kg hand luggage
I was under the impression that you still got 5 kilo hand luggage even if you only got 15 kilo hold luggage!!.
you get 15kg or 20kg if you pay for extra 5kg
you also get 5kg hand luggage
so if you don't pay extra you get 15kg + 5kg(hand luggage) = 20kg
if you pay extra 5kg on top of your normal 15kg allowance it means you get 20kg + 5kg(hand luggage) = 25k

this feels like groundhog day
this may sound a little bit stupid but i dont really have a clue about all of this :D

i was wondering if you have to pay for your luggage allowance even if you are under the twenty kilos
which is 15 in the suitcase and 5 in my hand luggage

any reply would be great help thankyou

:) :cheers
Hi Natalie,
you don't have to pay for luggage unless you purchase extra allowance i.e. the least you'll be allowed free of charge is 15kg hold and 5kg hand. YOu may even have 20kg hold free, depending on where you're going but as I said def 15kgs free for hold and 5kgs free for hand luggage.

Wth reference to wrong info on tickets, surely they have to abide by what's printed. I'd certainly make a fuss if I turned up with between 15-20 kgs of hold baggage and was told 'sorry, although your ticket says 20, you're really only entitled to 15'. After all, it's the travel company's responsibility to get things right.
It's not just the luggage amount you have to watch - it's also the number of cases/bags you take as well. We're off to Salou in a few weeks and I just popped into the travel agents to check the weight limit of a case for the baggage handlers - I was told this was 30kilos. When I then mentioned that I would put both mine and my husbands 15kg allowance in the one case - they said this was not acceptable - and we would be charged for the bag being over 15kg. I really can't understand why our party should now take five half empty suitcases - instead of combining the luggage into just three - where is the logic? Luckily in our party, we're all big enough to carry our own suitcases - not sure what a family of four might do. Wouldn't have liked my eight year old child lugging a 15kg case behind him. I know in the past we have always combined our luggage - makes life so much easier for everyone, as far as I can see.

:que
We are off to Tunisia in September and my invoice says 20kg but I have just emailed them to check.
God we're off to Tunisia on Wed 15th July. I've just checked my tickets and it clearly states 20 kgs baggage allowance and 5kg hand luggage. I also never paid for the extra 5kgs. I have just rung Thomas cook who clearly state that as long as it says 20kgs on your ticket and 5kgs of hand luggage then thats what you are allowed. I shall be flipping fuming if i get to the airport and they say only 15kgs of baggage allowance. I'm definetly sure that you should go by whats on your ticket.
My tickets have just arrived and it states "20kg of luggage and 5kg of hand luggage,, i have not paid for any extra, also is it restricted to 15kg per case for example, 6 of us going so would it be the total eg 6 x 15kg before we are charged extra ?
Whatever your individual luggage allowance is - either 15 kilo or 20 kilo - this will need to be in individual cases for each member of your party. If your allowance is 15k, for example - you will need to take 6 cases of no more than 15 kilos each. Any case over the individual weight allowance will be chargeable. You can't combine your luggage allowance into one case, anymore.

BTW: On the way out, they also weighed and measured our hand luggage this time too - has never happened before.

Hope that helps
The only company I know of who won't let you consolidate your luggage was Ryanair unless everyone is doing it now.
Geovil
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.