Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bitez
16 Posts
huge*abba*fan,

You may find members Resort Reports for Bitez useful.

Darren
hi... I decided on Bitez.....its between gumbet and bodrum....think only 15mins away from both ...so is a good base to ameneties in both...tweetie
Tweetie,Its a long way from Marmaris.Its near Gumbet and Bodrum which is where the airport is.
Dalaman is the airport for Marmaris.
:whoops ...yes sorry...your right jay trip....thats what I meannt to say...tweetie
I thought your travel agent may have told you this as when we went to Gumbet a couple of years ago our friends in Scotland tried to book the same hotel and were told as the hotel was full (it wasnt) but Altinkum was only 10 minutes away :yikes
They booked to stay there and needless to say it was miles away.Jay
Bitez is lovely ,just over the hill from Gumbet .Bodrum is in the other direction from Gumbet.
hi...went into it a few yrs ago....am planning on taking hubby there next july...tweetie
Hi - have visited Bitez often in the past but not for the last couple of years. There is a man-made beach with sunbeds provided by the restaurants which back it - the sunbeds are free but you are expected to buy a drink or two at least from them. It is much quieter (or it was) than Gumbet which is where you will find most night-life. I have to say that the last time we went it was getting much busier than it used to be.

Hope you enjoy your visit - say 'hello' to 'Chris' at the 'First Stop' for me if you see him.

:cheers Prawn
Bitez is a really nice resort, not too big but with plenty of nice restaurants and some bars. The beach is nice and there is some good accomodation.

Bitez is 5 minutes from Gumbet, the next resort along and 15 minutes away from Bodrum.
hi all...was nov09...hubby alwayd going on about wanting to go turkey...and me not having a clue...so started this topic for me and for other turkey virgins...and ita a gem...every body who knew anything chipped in....we had some laughs on the way...and thats how I ended up choosing Bitez...its a must read topic if you are going turkey for first time...by the time youve read it all you will know where might be best suited for you....and can ask questions to bring you up to speed....you might still be a turkey virgin...but you will be an educated one...Ive posted the link ...bare in mind it was nov 09 and so check whats changed with our experts on HT....tweetie

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=140713

happy reading...
tip.......post a question on the end ...it will alert all those turkey buffs who posted to help me...and with luck they will reply
Tweetie,I remember those posts and I wonder what happened to the wonderful Triflebum who was a mind of information :que
Its over a year when she was last on the forum and I thought of her when the OP asked where to go especially as he was asking about AI hotels.
I haven't seen Triflebum on here for a while but I did meet her last year in Marrakesh! We were both staying at the same hotel, got talking about hotel reviews and agreed that this was the best site to use! x

:whoops :offtop - sorry! xx
hi jay trip ...will try a post reply on that topic...triflebum could reply...that was a brilliant topic...just about every one who new anything put there tuppence worth in...and its a real good read and so much good information....my plans went adrift as they do...but am hopefully taking hubby to Bitez next year...was planning first week in july for his birthday...but re-read that topic again and plans are now for last week in june...tweetie
It's been a couple of years since there have been any posts on here about Bitez, so here goes.

We went to Turkey for the first time 2 years ago and loved it, we stayed in Dalyan which was so nice we went back last year, I was / am thinking of going back again in September this year, however, somebody mentioned Bitez which I had never heard of before.

After taking a quick look I think it looks rather nice and we might possibly go there this year? I know it is always hard to compare one resort with another as there will always be positives and negatives in every resort for each individual. However, for somebody that liked the peacefulness and compact size and sort of open countryside feel of Dalyan and the fact it wasn't a concrete jungle with rowdy clubs and youngster partying was what appealed to this slightly older couple, with that in mind do you think we would like Bitez?

Has anybody got any pictures or recommendations for small & friendly hotels, perhaps breakfast but no other meals as we always like to eat out a local restaurants.

Thanks
Graham
Well Bitez certainly has the peaceful feel and the compact size and it is not the place to go for partying or wild nights. I have not visited Dalyan before so I can't compare the 2 resorts but it sounds like you would like Bitez.

I have had several holidays in Bitez and my favourite place to stay is Basri Apartments. Meis are very nice too as are Summer Gardens.
Thanks Kedi, I will take a look at the places you have suggested :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.