Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
BUILDING WORK
8 Posts
I am amazed that they are still sending out these letters, there has been building work going on at the Highland Beach for the past 5 years that I know of, and I expect it will be going on for another 5 years, they are building new blocks all over the site. Your Travel company has also known about this building work, yet they still send out letters sounding as if they themselves, have only just been notified about it themselves.

The building work shouldn't affect your holiday, as it is all outside the Holiday complex its self, it may make it a little dustier, but when you get to Candolim you wont notice a little extra dust. There is not a great deal of noise, as 90% of the work is done by hand tools, they don't use power tools like western countries do, so really you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

But I would ask Thomas Cook why they are only now informing you about the building situation, when they themselves have known about it for years.
we don't have threads pre 2006 but you might be interested to read this
I agree with you Tomitma. Don't change your hotel TRACAN, you'll hardly notice it. The building work is now more spread out than ever, they should run out of land to build on eventually.
We were there in december and its nothing to worry about you won`t hear a thing :)
Thank you all for the replies you have put my mind at rest i can now relax and look foward to my holiday. dunk what did you think of the highland beach?
We thought it was excellent in an ideal location staff are great we had no complaints :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.