Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I think the building work you have heard mentioned was the extensive work at the harbour which is fairly near the Levante (although it would not have affected you in the hotel). That was completed last summer so I really don't think you'll have a problem. If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Karen
I think you are refering to the refurb of the Gran Sol hotel. Last year it was gutted and very littlework going on. the rumours were that Thomson were doing it up for another Gold Hotel (I imagine if that was the case the work would have been done pronto!!) Maybe someone has been to Cala Bona recently and will let us know whats going on? CBG
Has anyone been to the Bonaire hotel? We are going this August on the advice of a friend. We are travelling with 2 small kids 8 and 6.
i have been about 4 years ago,very nice hotel.i went in feb so it was young at heart type things at night.dancing bingo.its a an aparthotel so h/b or s/c..nice pool.very nice area.like the prom.takes about an hour or less to get there from airport.so make sure your kids have drinks and been to loo.you can hire cars/bikes ect direct from hotel.nice shops in cala bona.the normal uk bars just up the road.apart from that i bet someone will tell you more soon.
Ta very much I appreciate your comments...
hi,we went to cala bona last november,yes there is major building work
next door,they were knocking out the balconys of an old hotel with neumatic drills, dust flying everywere. but it is fenced off.
Hi Loobtastic

The Bonaire Aparthotel was our first holiday abroad with our two sons. We went about six years and had the most fantastic holiday. Probably one of the best all round aparthotels we've stayed at. Superb complex, entertainment throughout the day and a lovely ampitheatre style area for the evening entertainment , which I have to add, was very good entertainment compared to some we've experienced :lol:

We used to have a stroll out to the harbour in the evenings for a meal and a few drinks (10 minute stroll) and stroll back along the seafront to catch the entertainment.

Although it was 6 years ago since we went, the reviews are still good, and I've had friends visit recently, who confirm all of the above!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed - If I can help with anything else, please ask! :fly
I went to the Bonaire in September 2006 and I would imagine you and your children will have a fantastic time. My daughter was only 8 months old, but with kids there is so much to keep them entertained, the reps work really hard.
hi,can anybody give me a website of prices of duty free in majorca.we are going there on the 9th of march.just would like to know a rough idea.

thanks littlebill
Little Bill,
I take it you mean the Duty free Shop in Palma Airport the website is http://www.aldeasa.es. Perfume ,ciggies and booze is cheaper in resort (supermarket Paula for spirits) Not long for your hols now. CBG
hi there,we are going to cala bona on the 9th of march and the travel agency has sent us a letter saying there is building work at the levantte hotel can anybody give me light on what is going on there or is there a website i can find out.

thanks

littlebill
I think it must be the Gran Sol Hotel next door to the Levante .It was in process of refurb last year so must be nearly done by now. Maybe someone can let us know if they have been this year!!?? CBG
We have just gat back fron Cala Bona.
This is a photo of the building next to the Lavante hotel.

This is taken on the Lavante terrace next to the pool.

Has you can see there is a lot of work to do, but while we were there it wasn't very dusty or noisey .
We could hear hammering and the big lorry bringing the bricks etc.
But nothing to bad.
The Lavante park was closed but their indoor pool etc was open for the Lavante guests to use.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5125/calabonamarch07130bu9.th.jpg
Hello
I am new to this forum and would like information on Hotel Bonamar in Cala Bona booked to go on 31st may for 1 week Have not been to this area before
but after breaking my ankle two years ago and still having problems I thought with the area being flat it would be fine would be glad of some information on both hotel and area

thanks
Hi there,

I can speak from experience. I too broke my ankle 2 and a half years ago (on holiday in Madeira) and had to have a plate put in. 3 months after my accident we were looking for somewhere to go for a winter break. We had never been to Majorca before and as it is only a short 2 hour flight and I was still using a crutch or stick we went for it. We chose Cala Bona because of the flat promenade and the Alicia Hotel because of the exceptional reviews.

The Bonamar and the Alicia are both part of the Protur chain which is a very reputable company.

The promenade is great for those with mobility problems and you can walk from Cala Bona to Cala Millor with no problems. Indeed on our first visit there we used to watch the mobility scooters and wheelchairs along the promenade from our balcony!

Since we were last there the harbour in Cala Bona has seen a lot of work which I believe is now finished.

You will have a great time - since that first visit to Majorca in 2005 we have returned 4 times - to different areas!!

Hope the ankle starts to behave itself soon - mine is rather unpredictable too!

If you want any further info please ask.

Pippa
We were staying in the Alicia Hotel in Cala Bona 3 weeks ago.
The Hotel Bonamar was closed for the winter while we were there but if it's anything like it's sister hotel the Alicia you will be very pleased with it I'm sure.
The area is very flat and a lot of older people ,people in wheelchairs and with babies in buggies go there because of that.
The only problem I would see and it will probably be all finished when you get there is Cala Millor as been dug up.
Most of the roads and paths are being replaced.
It is a bit of a mess.
The promanade walk is fine it's the streets behind.
We loved Cala Bona and hope to go again very soon.
Hi

Thanks for the information . I am very excited about this holiday as it has been a while since my last because of my ankle problems.How long does it take from airport to get to Bonamar Hotel
Hello

Can anyone tell me if there is a bookies in Cala Bona in any of the bars,
as my other half likes a little flutter when he is on holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.