Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
wow - where did you hear of that neews? :lol:
Just a rumour so I don't know if there is any basis to it or not :wink:
:wink:see what i can find out hil
Thanks Laine...if anyone can find out it will be yoo hoo :lol:
This would be wonderful if true, we have been on the Island Breeze[best of them all] The Topaz[when she had food bug]Celebration[Maiden voyage,trouble with toilets] Just to let you know we are going on Spirit in June. :lol: So were looking for some thing different next year, as much as we like Thomsons cruise ships we like to try new ships every year, might go on the Island Star.If it is a new ship we will be very interested in going on her.
Sorry forgot to mention Destiny,have not considered this ship as reports suggest lots of steps on her and my wife has walking problems so this ship is a no go.
Hi There,

Regards Thomson new ships, as these are all second hand or older ships, why not try a new mordern ship, I have been on both and the difference is vast.

OK some can have stairs that go on for every but thats why there is lifts ramps access points etc everywhere.

OK you may need to walk 300 plus yards down a hall way, but again there are wheel chairs and loads of crew to help.

I have seen some folk complain about ques etc, however the realy big ships have more spaces, and food halls etc so you have more choice and less ques.

The cruise companies are very good at swapping ships within there own groups renaming them and calling them new.

So long as they have major refits no problem, however just painting out the old name and logo and putting a new one on is not right.

Happy cruising 8 weeks and counting before we are off on the Grand.

yours Shogun
We just recently tried Costa after Thomsons and the difference is like chalk and cheese!!! Costa ships are absolutely stunning and give you the WOW factor big time. Prices are not that much more than Thomsons neither!!

After going on a bigger better ship I would not go back to a Thomsons ship now!
Hi There Which Costa ship were you own , what is it like.

Have looked at them a few times but have stayed with Princess.

yours Shogun
We were on Costa Fortuna. I posted a review under the "cruise reviews" section of this site.
Thanks will have a look

Shogun
Please keep on topic, ie Thomson's new ship. There is a separate topic for Costa cruises.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Theres a new ship called the calypso, its advertised on tompsons website.
A ship called the Calypso has been around for years. Wonder if it is the same one? Info HERE

I think it could be Luci as if you look at Thomsons website, the ships details ie tonnage, pax capacity match the above.
Hmmm the Calypso I know has been plying the route between Cyprus and Egypt for years. I think it is a flat bottomed ship and if it's the same one we went to Egypt on, it was very unstable despite the seas being relatively calm. There were a great many onboard who suffered from sea sickness, including me, and that's my only time in 10 cruises.

Luci, that must have been awful for you. I often think you would feel the movement more in a smaller ship and I think that would put me off!

She seems to be doing some nice interaries though in visiting smaller more unusual places.
This summer the Calypso is cruiseing from the uk,under charter form Louise lines.To be honest I was hoping for a larger ship,is the old Carousel still in service?
There are rumours on another forum that Norwegian Majesty is being sold to Louis. If that's true I suspect she will eventually sail for Thomson's.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.