Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Calypso Hotel
90 Posts
hi dez
try this:
CALYPSO HOTEL
AVADA DERRAMADOR 4
03503 BENIDORM-ALICANTE
SPAIN
HOPE IT HELPS BB
Hello there. The Calyso Hotel is part of the Servigroup chain of Hotels. One of the best chains, if not THE best chain in Benidorm (in my humble opinion at least :D ). You can email your requests using the following address:- calypso@servigroup.es Whilst you may not receive a reply, your email will be read and your requests will be complied with if at all possible. The Management at these Hotels do their utmost best to accomodate your requirements.

You can find out more about the Hotel Calypso if you take a look at the Servigroup website..... http://www.servigroup.es You can view pictures of the Hotel here and take a 'virtual tour'. Of course, I would suggest that you also read the personal reviews of this Hotel on the relevant part of the Holidaytruths site.

For additional information, the other Servigroup Hotels in Benidorm are:-

Hotel Castilla **** Hotel Diplomatic **** Hotel Benidorm Pueblo *** Hotel Calypso *** Hotel Nereo *** Hotel Orange *** Hotel Rialto *** Hotel Torre Dorada *** Hotel Venus ***
thanks everyone your help was great .
hi all
can anyone tell me if the men have to wear long pants for evening meal at thhis hotel or can they wear 3/4 pants has anybody been to this hotel recently any info greatly appreciated were going october

cheers dodge :lol:
can anyone tell me if the men have to wear long pants for evening meal at thhis hotel or can they wear 3/4 pants has anybody been to this hotel recently any info greatly appreciated were going october

Just been in and asked at the reception.
3/4 pants are acceptable for the evening dinner, but the receptionist made a point of saying, that you must wear a shirt/T-Shirt with sleeves that nearly reach your elbow crease...in other words...longish short sleeved tops...
No vest tops allowed.

Sanji x
Hi
I'm staying at the Calypso over the Easter Break for a week and not sure what room to ask for? Has anyone been? Would it be best overlooking the pool in the annexe or in the main building overlooking the front? Would welcome any comments.

Usually stay in the Orange but got a really good deal at the Calypso through Globespan!

Thanks
Marie
hi stayed there twice once in the annexe overlooking the pool itwas quiet on an evening. once at the front top floor i prfered it at the front ilike to sit at night on balcony few drinks and watcth the world go by the only thing that spoilt it for me was the awfull country and western singer in front of the rosaire hotel . same songs every night every song sounded the same. ok if you like that not for me pleased he was on til 12 only
regards
i use this hotel for my quick stays i have made for the past 3 years now,i cannot say the rooms are small.i get a room to myself that have a 1/4 double bed.most of the rooms are big enough for 2 but like mentioned are crapped with 3 in.in winter months yes it does have long stay people.not sure about summer.
for booking a room i get the same one most times i book.with going diy.if you book with a tour group you are a guest.has i am a resident.not saying that i get looked after any better.just means i pay all my drinks/phone ect when i check out.i would agree this chain is thebest to stay in.
I stayed here during my recent viewing trip.

Lovely hotel, centrally located.

Run by the Servi Group, food was very good, rooms are to high standards and staff are lovely...as you get with all the hotels under Servi

There wasn't any real inforcement of rules, not that they were stated at all in the hotel welcome pack

Evening meal, often saw folk trudge down in shorts and tshirts, I think they took a line against gentleman wearing vest tops but not women.

I wouldn't worry too much about the dress codes, I've been going to Benidorm since the 70's and only 1 hotel has ever enforced it, the ever decrepit looking Don Pancho
I wouldn't worry too much about the dress codes, I've been going to Benidorm since the 70's and only 1 hotel has ever enforced it, the ever decrepit looking Don Pancho

Sorry, but that is really ill advice to give out, some hotels are strict about the dress code, they tend to relax them to 3/4 trousers during the summer months and whilst they consider the heat, vest tops are a def NO.
You try getting into some hotels with shorts on for the evening meal.....urmmmm, no chance.!
I've seen gentlemen being asked to go and change if they have managed to get passed the door.
You'll not get passed the door in the Los Dalmatas or the Hotel Marina and the Pelicanos were quite hot about the subject at one time.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
:wave Thanks everybody for your comments. I think I will email and ask for a room overlooking the pool. We dont plan to spend much time in our rooms day or night so it doesn't really matter if the sun (hopefully) doesn't shine on it! Thanks again.
Hi :lol:

Does anybody know the name of the bar in old benidorm where the famous drag show is on? I have heard it only holds a small amount of people and is a ticket only venue.
How do I get hold of some?

Thanks
Marie
Marie ... could it be the Rich Bitch ? You may be better checking out our Bars & Clubs topic for more info. The Search facility may help you find previous discussion about the venue, to save you having to browse through the entire thread.

David :wave
:lol: Thanks David, I will check out the site you suggest.
Marie
Yes it is Rich Bitch but I think they take bookings.
Can anyone tell me if there is any building work near the Calypso hotel, and if it will affect my holiday. It will be my first time in Benidorm so do not know where it is in respect of other hotels.
they are building a new gemelos block a few minutes away from the calypso and also a new tower block further up the road facing the pelicanos/ocas.

not sure about the noise levels though when we were there at easter it seemed pretty quiet.

best to ask sanji our regular benidorm visitor who is there at the moment she can fill you in on more up to date developments.

by the way sanji hope that you are having a great time seems that you have got the weather that we should have got at easter, all we got was rain and cloud :cry:
Hi :lol:

Just spent a week at the Calypso at Easter. The weather was vile but the Hotel was quite good. Nice lounge if you have to stop in on a night - watching the dancing was good. Food is beter at the Orange (same group). If you ask for a room at the front of the hotel make sure you are on a high floor because the noise is unreal. We asked for a move and they put us in the annexe at the back no view but much quieter apart from the cleaner at 7am every morning.

The building work going on around the hotel didn't spolit our stay at all but you can certainly hear the noise all day especially if you were to sit round the pool (that is if the sun shines)
You will have a good time anyway just have a extra san miguel!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.