Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
cheapest island
14 Posts
Dear yraunaj
Completely agree with you, we went to lesbos last year and thought it was fantastic value for money. Stayed in Molyvos at the top of the hill near the castle. This year went to skiathos and payed 50% more than what we did in lesbos. I go onto a Skiathos Bulletin board where people post, tourists as wellas residents. I am trying to convince the Skiathos diehards who think it is unique and fantastic that there are other places that stand-up even better, Lesbos being only 1 of them. Samos is another great island with good value for money
just back from Samos - most dishes where 4-5 euro - starters generally 2.50

bottle of mythos 1.80 for a small or large 2.50

taxi were very cheap 8 euros for a 20 mins ride
Went to Pythagorio in Samos in August,the cheapest large beer anywhere in town was 3 Euroes,paid 4.5 in a couple of waterfront ones!!!Greek prices have finally overtaken English ones!!! :(
Dont no where you where paying that GINGERWILDCAT we went in july and 2-2.5 euros for large beers that was in gregories
Went to Parga this year. Cheapest was 1.80 for a small bottle near River Acheron in the most gorgeous setting but who cares we're on holiday. I don't mind paying a little bit over the odds to be somewhere I want to be rather than a resort full of British bars offering cheap lager/beer. Everyone has got to make a living. :shrug
Yeah a bit shocked myself borismab,that was everywhere,not once in two weeks did we pay below 3 euros for a large beer,we used Notos beach bar regularly and always paid3.5 euros!!!
stayed in nidri this year, 1st 2 weeks in july, 2 euros upwards, for a large bottle of mythos. last year we stayed in stoupa and the average price was around 1.50 euros. a meal out cost roughly 24 euros upwards for three of us including a couple of drinks :wow
Haraki on Rhodes this year - standard in all bars 1.50 for a 500ml draught Mythos (bliss)! Brekkies 3 euros. Evening meals 32 euros starter, main, litre of wine. (For 2)

14 km down the coast at Lindos - 3.5 euros for a large Mythos- we went to the supermarket and paid 90 cents! Rhodes (New) Town - 2 euros for a Mythos and 35 euros for 2 course fish meal with wine!
Stayed in Kalamaki on Corfu June 2005.no wonder it's called Kensington on Sea. Some starters at 12-15 euros, mains up to 20. Wouldn't be so bad if the food was different or exceptional but it wasn't.
Don't bother with Taverna Agni.overpriced, underfriendly and food nothing out of the ordinary.
I would certainly agree with you Rhombus .... I guess some of the Skiathos ravers have never set foot anywhere else!
We would never go back to Skiathos and to be honest couldn't get what they were all raving about!!
Additionally - We have found Santorini expensive in some parts - you need to pick & choose and go for local traditional places rather than upmarket expensive places.
Last year also found Rhodes a bit more expensive but would certainly agree that Lesvos was excellent value for money - hoping that Samos is the same in 2 weeks when we go - will report back!
Agree with greeklass and Rhombus re Skiathos, dont know what the fuss is all about either, after four days of a two week holiday, we were bored stiff. :?
Must agree about Skiathos unless you want to lay on a beach all day can't think what else to do perhaps take a boat trip to Allonysos nothing there stayed once for two weeks never again, or visit Scopalos but then what else, Love Greece but only certain places still a lot to see.
pojo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.