France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Many thanks. I should have looked harder.
have you thought about using tesco clubcard vouchers if you use them . I know they do a good saving for the tunnel crossing which i discovered to my cost after I had booked and im pretty sure they do ferries as well.

lyn
lynwestie Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:21 am
have you thought about using tesco clubcard vouchers if you use them . I know they do a good saving for the tunnel crossing which i discovered to my cost after I had booked and im pretty sure they do ferries as well.

lyn

Lyn
Most Ferries have now stopped taking Tesco vouchers there is only Eurotunnel that do AFAIK
Thanks for correcting me on that one Gray :oops:
Have you looked at LD Lines, I think that is what they are called, also I think that they sail out of Portsmouth. I also seem to remember that they favour French and French home owners. A French friend of mine told me that they got excellent rates with them.
Just ran a quote with them on their website and they are £50 cheaper for my car and family, with a cabin and 4 adults, than the others were 2 years ago for 2 adults and 2 children. For the last 2 years I've driven to Dover/Folkstone due to the excessive charges of P&O and Brittany, this company have now made a Portsmouth trip seem more reasonable again.
Kevin
Thank you Kevin, I have signed up with Brittany Ferries now and they offer members 30% discount. for trip over 5 days. Also discounted meals. I am happy with this. I understand LD lines are very competitive as a no-frills ferry company, ryanair of the ferfy companies. Hopefully the comptetion will sharpen up the market.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.