France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
There is a Premier Lodge along the road to the ferries. It can be a bit noisy as there is traffic 24/7.
Hi

Probably your best best is the Dover East Premier Travel inn, which is attached to a Brewers Fayre. I think the web site gives it as 4.4 miles from Dover, but in actual fact it is only a two minute drive down the hill to the ferry terminal. It is on a main road but you won't find it half as noisy as the central one. I don't think you can beat them for family value.

Pam :D
Cheers,
I thought the Travel Inn or Travelodge type hotels would be the most convenient.
I'll get on their site and see whats what.
many thanks :)
Hi,
the Travel Inns at Folkestone and Dover West would probably be quieter locations. Both would be about 15 mins from the docks. Folkestone has a Brewers Fayre with a large play area indoors , and Dover West a Beefeater restaurant. Hope this helps.
Hi

If you do go for Folkestone book early- it is very popular as it is a stone's throw from the Eurotunnel. Great if you have young kids though, as with it having the play area you can have a relaxing meal and make it all part of the holiday. It can get busy going into Dover though so allow yourself plenty of time- as Bellavista says it is 15 minutes on a good run.

Pam
I've booked Travelodge at Ashford.
They had a special offer so I got a family room for £39 :D
Thanks for the replies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.