Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I think the fact that they did offer suitable accomodation for the evening and a meal is sufficient enough for them to say that they have done all they can? They didnt leave you stranded at the airport which I have heard of happening before :( Okay maybe a voucher should have been given for drinks and breakfast at the airport, but I honestly cannot see you being able to make a claim against First Choice :( But then again I am no expert either!
TBH I dont think one meal in 17 hours is good enough let alone the 17 hr delay....
Maybe Im just grumpy as I had plans for the weekend which were ruined x
Back in 1993 my then husband and I had a 24 hour delay due to strikes in Greece with the traffic controllers. We were not put up in a hotel but in the airport. We were given food and drink vouchers so that covered the Holiday Company. To be honest these things happen and are out of our control!

Would you have felt the same way if you were stranded due to the recent Volcanic Ash Cloud, would you still be as grumpy? , especially as it may have clashed with plans that you had for your return? ;)
kat225club wrote:
TBH I dont think one meal in 17 hours is good enough let alone the 17 hr delay....
Maybe Im just grumpy as I had plans for the weekend which were ruined x

But that 17 hours include sleep, and I doubt very much the hotel you'd be found could have at such short notice could have managed to staff an entire breakfast service at 4:30am.

So, yes, they should have provided a voucher for breakfast at the airport instead, but it seems they did fairly well considering the short notice period to transfer, accommodate and provide 1 full evening meal.

Remember inclement weather could have disrupted their plans further down the line - it doesn't just reflect the weather when you were due to take off.
I think you are being grumpy ;)

I can't see how you are entitled to a breakfast voucher as you would have paid for any food and drink the previous day at the airport whilst waiting for your flight home so I wouldn't expect vouchers for breakfast. Under the circumstances I think you were pretty well looked after.
I understand your frustration and annoyance. During the volcanic ash problem we had to pay for 7 days of lunch and dinners then suffer a 34 hour journey home via 4 airports and completely muddled disinterest from Thomas Cook which included no breakfast lunch or dinner or drinks on this horrendous journey. Complaints have got us nowhere and our insurance and TC refuses to pay out for food and other costs. These companies treat some people well and others badly and it really does seem to be the luck of the draw which you get. I'm afraid that it's a case of them taking your money and and then treating you with disdain. If you can't get any recompense then don't travel with them again and avoid companies that have bad press - unfortunately, that could mean most of them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.