Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We are going to Marmaris next week and are planning on taking the day trip to Rhodes. I was told that they ask for your passport and retain it till you come back. I am not happy about this and wanted to know are they allowed to do this.
I went to Bodrum begining of August and went on Kos ferry trip and they did not retain passports.

They stamp them dozens of times going there and back but they are NOT allowed to retain them.
Have a look at UK government sources such as UKPS.
Don't worry queentutti,

As tim says, they don't keep your passport, they just stamp it.

Elaine
Hiya Queentutti,

I went to Rhodes in June from Marmaris, and as Elaine says they stamp your passport and return it to you, hope you have a nice time, take care.

wgipk.
can we go from Marmaris to Kos town? in september
I think that it is bodrum that you go through to get to Kos From Marmaris you can go to Rhodes
Hi,
Can anyone tell me the price of the ferries from Marmaris to Rhodes. I have the companies website where you can book online but I would be dubious of doing that because, obviously, I would have to tie us down to a particular day which could easily change once we get there. I was just wondering what the
difference would be between the web price and turning up and booking on the day or the day before!
Cheers
Glen
I fancy the Rhodes trip but I have read that there is a lot of waiting around to have passports checked etc. Is the trip worth doing?
Thanks for any replies Sandra
Went from marmaris to rhodes two years ago . I booked from a little tour operators down at the marina. It was a fraction of the price i would have payed from the likes of thomas cook or the website then.It was a really good day out .We travelled on the hydrofoil and had about six hours there the journey took about 45mins ,but we had to queue at both ends as the crowds were quite large .rhodes itself was lovely but i found it quite dear for food and drinks compared with turkey,would certainly go again. Remember to take your passport,I remember one guy who diddent and was not allowed to go.

Bluepeterno1
I went to Rhodes from Marmaris last year the price was £28.

wgipk.
Do you have to pay for another visa if you go for a day trip to rhodes?
Angie, you don't need to pay for another visa as the one you get on entry to Turkey is valid for three months.
What if you went and stayed over for a night in rhods would you have to pay again then ?
No you wouldn't. It's a multiple entry visa valid for three months. You can enter Turkey as many times as you like during that time and wouldn't have to pay again.
Emre if you wanted to stay in Turkey for more than 3 months how would you renew your visa and is it legal to do so?
Sorry Angie. I don't know the answer to that one. I've never been lucky enough to be able to stay in Turkey for three months...maybe one day if those six numbers come up :D
As far as im aware (and i hope it hasnt changed because im off soon for 4-5 months!!) you can go to Rhodes and pay for another £10 visa stamp. I know of a few people who have done this but im not sure how it works till i try it for myself :wink:
would be interested in findintg out how this works as im going over for the 6 months...i hope if i can work out how this visa situation works.
Hi Angie,

Yes, you can just hop over to Greece on the ferry and pay another £10 for another 3-month visa. Be prepared though - you may get a bit of a grilling from the Turkish harbour police (who give you the new visa). They are on the lookout for residents in Turkey who regularly do the £10 visa and go to Greece for a day. They asked me, when I was out there all summer, if I was working in Turkey, and when exactly I intended returning to the UK.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.