Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We're due to go to The Pegasos Palace on Sepember 11th and we will still be going.

The hotel is in a little village called Sarigerme which isn't really a busy tourist resort so I don't think there would be much point in them bombing there.
If we were going to Marmaris I'm not sure what I would do to be honest :?
Me and My family Are flying out to marmaris on september the 11th Still going Lmaoo But waiting to see what first choice have to say on there site Been to turkey about 23 times Altinkum all the time but this year we thought we'd have a change Marmaris Lmao . Aww well Flying from teeside To dalaman Anyone Else???
Glad everybody mostly has the same view of me and are not/dont want to cancel.
:D
So when do you go?? look at some of the cheap Deals There Now !!!
We are still going next year and have no intention of cancelling,roll on july 2007 8)
Im off 22nd Sep but going to Olu Deniz but you still think hmmm where next?

its scarey but they cant beat us.
Olu Deniz Is the Place with the Lagoon Isnt It??? Anyway No because its a very quiet resort And to be Honest i Am far from worried becauseI dunno I just arnt worried Lol Dosent make Sense :? And anyway Say a bobm does go off your going to have to be In that place at that time Because there not Strong bombs Like Some of the ones they used for London and Things.
  • Edited by luk0705 2006-08-29 09:18:39
I'm off on 22nd Sept to Icmeler and can't wait bit wary of dolmus but hey ho there's always the water taxi :D

Roll on 22nd I've waited all year for this they not gonna spoil my holiday!
We are going to the Pegasos Palace in Sarigerme on Monday 4th September and were very worried when we heard the news of the bombings. We were on the verge of cancelling when this very friendly local man put our mind at rest, I thought i'd just post the e-mail he sent us in the hope that it may also ease the worrying of other people on this forum who are about to go to the Pegasos Palace/Tropical.

We wrote:
Dear Oguz, I am sure you have had plenty of emails like this one but we are very worried about our forthcoming holiday to Sarigerme and are considering cancelling due to the bombing news we have seen today. We appreciate that terrorist attacks can happen anywhere but what is your opinion on Sarigerme and in particular the Pegasos Palace being a target as this is where we are staying? We shouldn't let these people ruin the attraction of such a beautiful country but when we are travelling with our young children we have to think about their safety as any parent would.
We would apprecaite any advice you could offer us at this time.
Many, many regards
Clare and Mark Kelly

Reply from Oguz:

Clare and Mark ,

Sarigerme is kind a isolated ,far away from distractions .Sarigerme is at the moment not known for Turkish People never mind Foreign Tourists ! just started to developing ...it is just a tiny small village ...away from the main road ..away from the rest of the world ...

Also , Local people nows every single person ,who works there ,who comes in , who goes out ..it is really very small place ..stangers spotted straight away !! as soon as they notice one is a stranger ,locals approach this person and asks question ,where you from , who are you , what are you looking for ...this gives a signal to outsiders ,that they may exprience a difficulty for settling in with the Locals ..What I mean by that ; Sarigerme or OSMANIYE VILLAGE Locals are very protective people ..They do not want anybody give the Hussle to the tourist , thats why ,when you go there ,you will notice that you can look around, shop around without any hussle.Unlike in major touristic destinations...

Those Towns where bombs gone off are ISTANBUL - MARMARIS -ANTALYA , these Towns are well known for the entire world ..However , who knows about Sarigerme ?

Security at the pegasos Hotels are fantastic ...they are everywhere ...entrance and beach are under survailance , also 5 under cover security staff operating around the clock within each complex .This has been always like this ..

You have got your Hotel ..Beach / far away from Hussel and buzzle ...then your lovely small Village ...The real world is many many miles away from you ...

Please , do not cancel your Holiday . your kids ,aswelll as your self deserve a good time ..

Kind Regards

Oguz

*Edit to remove unauthorised sig links Briar
That sounds like peace of mind! :D

I think I would be wary of the dolmus as well and I know Olu is not as big as Marmaris etc but its still in my mind but its another 3 and a half weeks away.

I take it that the Turkish would be vigilant as well.
What a lovely reply to that email!

I for one still intend to go on Sept 27th.
No way would I let a small minority of people put me off.

Happy Holidays everyone and keep safe.
Terrorism is everywhere, not just Turkey.

Mary.
The bury your head in sand,it wont happen to me attitude seems to be abundant within these threads.
Take nothing for granted be vigilant just because its a small resort dont mean it cant happen.
How many people would have thought the IRA would have bombed Warrington.??
no, not at all, its not a bury your head in the sand attitude at all. it more like get on with things and try not to be beaten.

I would never have thought that I would have been working next to a crime scene and my office would have been shut for 5 days last year due to the Aldgate bomb being next to it.

I will be honest and yes I am scared but where is safe?

Didn't book Egypt due to the bombings, didnt book carribean due to hurricans, didn't do such and such coz of another reason and so on
:shock:
I dont agree with it being a bury your head in the sand attitude, and I also dont think because its a small resort, it wouldnt happen to me. But............if you stayed home because of terrorism threats, you are just letting them win. That is what these people want. They are fighting for the land they think is theirs, and do it where they know is popular by a lot of British people. When the British are involved, our media is straight on the case, TV, front page headlines etc, and this is how they get their message across.
To stay at home and never go on holiday because of possible threats is just playing into their barrel and SOOOO easy to do.
I wont be terrorised by them and intend to go back to Marmaris on Sept 27th and have a great 2 weeks holiday.
On saying that, the people that are cancelling or changing resorts have my support as well. At the end of the day we are all individuals who have to make up their own minds. Whats right for me, it not necessary right for my next door neighbour.
My main thoughts are with those involved, and my thoughts and prayers are with all of them and their families.

Mary.
Can any one update me, Just heard on Sky news that another possibillity of bombings in Marmaris
It just stated that they have made another arrest which might be to a possible further terrorism act, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I dont really think we should comment too much on what might be though as this could just cause unnecessary worry with what might be/could be etc.

Mary.
Suppose you are right Mary, But i still worry.
Hi Jagger,

The only way I wouldnt go would be if the Government said that we couldnt, otherwise, I will be there.
Like I said earlier, its too easy to get caught up in it all, but then would we be able to holiday anywhere?
Britain itself is not the safest place to be at the best of times. Just look at recent events and London bombings last year!

Mary.
after these animals bombed marmaris and kusadassi last year they crawled back into there holes ,we can only hope they do the same again ,and there will be no more incidents for a while , but it is evident that the threat will always be there

bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.