Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have a great time Jeff, and have an Efes for me.

Mary.
The front page of the Mirror today ''We'll carry on bombing'' I fear will put some people off going, I wish the news would get things in perspective :( Going to Turkey is like going to many other countries, we just need to take care and have a good time.

chazy x
my husband and I are going to marmaris on the 7th sept from east midlands, at the moment we are unsure wether to go or not. I went to marmaris with my friend last june staying in the armutlan area (club anastasia) and we used the dolmus,s all the time as they were quick and cheap, if we do decide to go next week we shall be walking everywhere and maybe use the water taxi. the looking forward to my holiday feeling has gone, will see how we feel in a couple of days
Kristina i feel the same,all the excitement has gone i'm due to travel on the 07th Sept.
If i was going on my own then i wouldnt be that bothered but as i have the misses and son to think about my feelings have changed.
If i pull out now i stand to loose £700,if i go i'll spend in the region of £1500-£1800 but will it be enjoyable.
I don't consider it burying your head in the sand either. If someone can name me a place where they can guarantee that there is no terrorism, no hurricanes, no Tsunamis, the plane wont have a problem the car wont be in an accident on the way to that airport etc then tell me i'll book. You could be struck by lightening indoors so how are you ever 100% safe? I just see that i am living my life and i'm not saying i'm going to Turkey to put two finger's up at the terrorists and not letting them win etc. We've worked for our holiday and it's paid for. I've been looking forward to it for ages and i intend to go unless advised not to by the foreign office. I'm not trying to be a hero but Turkey's tourism has suffered enough and i for one intend to spend my money there.
Friends of ours are due to go to Marmaris on the 15th of Sept, their travel agents have given them the option of changing their booking for £25 each..not sure which travel agent it was tho so maybe give yours a call, see what they can do?
This is the first holiday alone with my hubby, I,m leaving my son and daughter at home, we are traveling with first choice and I think I would have changed my destination but I dont think there letting you . Dont want to go all that way and feel like we,ve got to stay round the hotel everyday I enjoy marmaris. :?
Going to Olu Deniz 29th September with the girlfriend. Certainly wont stop me going but may make me a little more wary once Im there. Maybe taxis rather then Dolmus.
Well, I think I might still use the Dolmus in Sarigerme, but will be extra vigilent.

First Choice have now updated their latest news page and it now says
All flights will operate as planned and normal booking conditions apply
hi im due to fly out on the 7th september from teeside to altinkum me my partner and 7 kids i am worried my mam lives there but if you let these people stop you from having ur holiday they have won havnt they and like i said to my partner ok then did we run and hide wen they hit london no so wats the problem i will just be more wary i guess second thoughts about the dolmus mind think it be taxis or walk after all turkey is a big place and if it wasnt safe surely the goverment would say so same thing happened last yr just b4 i went out there in kusadasi i stillw ent and actually i didnt give the bombings another thought while i was there i enjoyed my holiday regardless pregnant an all dont know wat i would do if i was going to mamaris like but we cant let these evil people win can we love jojoxx

omg just checked the goldtrail website and the flight im going on has gone down to 99 quid would you believe that just my luck that is lol
We are due to go to Hisaronu in just over a month - and we WILL be going.

I really can understand why people are nervous of going to Turkey, particularly when they have children to consider, but if we all stopped going to places of potential trouble we'd never go anywhere. The US can be bombed, SE Asia can have tsunamis, Australia can have huge forest fires ..etc etc etc.

Unfortuantely though, we've planed to have our wedding in Turkey next May and I fear the bombings will result in some of our guests cancelling. Sad for me, but I do understand.
Hey Jojo:PP Yeah the prices to turkey have all gone down after this I saw this on Thomas cook 89 Pounds for 2 weeks in marmaris !!! shocking I am Also Flying from teeside the week after you Are you on a pegasus flight There realy scruffy Lmaoo But Its like a night flight so hopefully the kids will sleep!!!
hiya no we are goldtrail heard they are basic but thats ok i dont mind got it quite cheap anyways 900 quid for 7 of us flight only but at mo 99 quid wouldv been even cheaper ahve a nice time cos i will jojoxx
Hi
This is my first post on this site, and I felt compelled to say my piece:
We (me,hubbyand 2 kids -16+9) were in marmaris staying at the Anastasia (brilliant place, by the way) between 29/7 and 12/08 this year. We used the little buses almost daily - they are great fun! We booked the holiday in June this year. After booked checked the fco site and was really quite shocked at the 'high risk' status, once over the initial shock, we discussed it and decided not to change our plans. My daughter is at Uni in London and works there too, frequently using the tubes and buses and I think she is more at risk.

I would say that unfortunately the risk is there wherever you go these days and all things considered Turkey is a wonderful place full of lovely people, and would not hesitate to go back!!

Liney
Was watchin BBC News Its says holidaymakers are just trying to get on with here holiday Now and there was people sunbathing on the beach Soo :P
good good thats wat i like to hear but my heart goes out to all the people and there families that was involved in this terrible crime jojoxx
:roll: we are due to fly out 4 sept but still dont know whether to go or stay and lose all monies we go to marmaris every year and love it . i know everyone will be feeling the same thats due to go .
Hi all,we`re off to Sarigerme on 18th Sept,can assure you we will still be going,why should the terrorists win,can get bombed here in England nowadays,besides saved too long & hard for this holiday like everybody else,But have got to send deepest sympathies to the families of those that ahve lost somebody in this horrid attack
kristina, Give it a couple of days, if you are in any doubt send a pm to Chelsea Boy, he lives out there and he will give you good sound advice and what the current situation is. Don't go out there and mope around your Hotel, get out and about but just be that extra bit vigilant in your surroundings. The pair of you have worked and saved hard for this break, you deserve to go and enjoy it. Don't be put off by some fanatical morons. BULLDOG SPIRIT is what is called for, the people of Turkey need our tourism. They have suffered enough already this year, without the events of the past few days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.