Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Flight times
13 Posts
We are flying to Crete in October from Gatwick. Out time is 08 55 arrive back at 17.45.
Good times I think.
I booked my flight for next year with xl.com recieved first confirmation that the flight to Chania was 10.15 am and returning at gatwick 20.30. I was really pleased with these times as it mean't we didn't have to travel down the day before and stay overnight. Then less than a week later sent another confirmation and now we are leaving at 6.am and getting back about 14.30. Which now means we travel with no sleep as we live 3 hours away from Gatwick or we pay for over night accomadation and still have to get up early hours of the morning.
Still at least we get at midday which is nice. I just hope they don't change them again.
REDJOE

We saw some London airport travellers (can't remember which one) whose flights were 03:00. So at Heraklion airport for 01:00 and a pick up in Elounda at 11:00. Not great if you had kids, they did, and not the worse by any stretch as some were getting picked up at 01:00 ish.

We live 20 mins from M/cr airport so an 06:00 / 14:30 flight is ideal for us.

DA
I'm glad that we are getting there in the day time and arriving back at a good time. I don't mind being tired when we get there as you can unwind on the beach. I hate night flights when you are coming home, as you have to wait around all day with no room after midday. The time we get back to the uk is great for us as you have breakfast pack your bags then are ready to go. I love my holidays but when I know it's time to go I just want to get back home and not wait around all day. I wish we had an airport nearer which done more flights to Greece. Are closest regional airport is Norwich which only go to Corfu.
Still I can't complain I only paid £80 for both of us as I saved my Tesco clubcard vouchers and swapped them for deals with Xl.com
As I travel independently, I quite like night flights - it gives you the whole of the first day and the whole of the last day. We fly out at 18.15 on Friday so arrive at a reasonable 0015 - OK, on the way back we don't need to check in until 23.15, but at least this gives us the option to stay all day at wherever we've ended up and get a taxi direct to the airport or bus it back, grab a room and dine on Heraklion sea-front...decisions, decisions.

I think First Choice used to have the worst times for the Friday flight - return take off was something like 07.30! We did it once, buit thankfully got a 12 hour delay on the way back and got hotelled at Anissaras.
Have you looked at the BA schedule service
we fly to heraklion in august and are flight times are terrible
depart man 22.25 arrive 4.35 am
return trip, depart heraklion 5.35 am arrive man 7.55 am

:que
We are travelling to Crete in May from Humberside, we fly out at 10.20 am great as we only live 20 mins from the airport, but we depart local time 7.10am on the homeward stretch so gonna have to get up pretty early, cant have it great both ways I suppose, Happy holidays anyway.
Sue
XXX
Hi All

We are travelling with Thomsonfly in June. Manchester to Chania dep 08.15. returning from Chania at about 15.30.
Great times for us, we live 1hour 40 mins from the airport. Only cost £400 for the return flights for 2 of us as well.

Yiamass, Jean
No problems for me. We fly from Gatwick in August and we leave at 07.30 and arrive back at Gatwick at 17:00. They are perfect flight times...at the moment. But of course we don't have the tickets and that could change. I hope it doesn't.
Similar to FluffySue. As long as things don't change. Depart Bristol 10.20 am, return Heraklion 7am. The return could have been a bit later but never mind!!
We're flying from Manchester to Chania with Monarch in June (not part of a package). Originaly timed to leave around 7am, it is currently scheduled to leave 9.15, getting back at 18.40. Pretty respectable, especially as we have only a 15 minute taxi ride to the airport. We paid around £250 each, including the upgrade to Monarch Plus which gives us 25kgs luggage, the "sitting together" option and upgraded meal (whatever that is) and a few other extras.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.