Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A bottle of Scotch malt whisky - the local stuff is like paint stripper. :wink:
A beautfully packaged box of chocolates, or maybe a special scented candle for the ladies. Anything that would be hard to find in India!
Thanks for the suggestions-keep 'em coming!!!! :)
Whisky and shortbread.
How about a souvenier that is typicaly British! showing the area where you live, a set of coasters with local scenes would go well with the whisky, unless the family are tee-total :?
Flowers and a nice bottle of Champagne? Goans tend only to buy flowers for very special occasions, anniversaries, etc, so that would be nice.
Thanks again to all of you-most helpful. I wouldn't know whether they drink alcohol. I know that they are Catholics. I wouldn't want to offend them :? . Would Thorntons chocs be a good choice? They come wrapped already, and I suppose they are fairly tasty.
I usually take Lindt chocs, but any good quality are fine, as long as they are beautifuly presented. Maybe in a box that can later be used for trinkets, an unusual tin is also good, my Goan friend displays her empty Lindt mik churns in the kitchen.
Dont worry anything will be well recieved, but I wouldnt choose anything personal not knowing the people, and not actualy staying with them(re IM)
Have a wonderful holiday :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.