Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks lozza07
It looks nice but i wont be able to go as i have my son with me and it says no children,well at least i found out before i got their never mind ill try something else.
thanks channon
:) Hi, we have just returned from Goa. Wow! 2nd time and better than last time. We were going to go to Godfrey's with an 11 year old and 2 x 16 year old's but we just ran out of time. I had contacted them and stated the ages of the children and it wasn't a problem. Got to go to the waterfalls, spice plantation, wash and ride the elephants, wouldn't do the crocodile trip, we were bored. Hope this helps. :cheers
Hi Channon

We went to the Wildernest, same type of place, and had an absolutely fantastic time. Its about an hour from Candolim, if you arrange it through the travelagent by Magnum (sorry cant remember their name, but helpful girl there called Angeline Lobo), you will have a private driver there and back. Wildernest has an infinity pool, and various walks etc over a two day period. Children were there when we visited

http://www.wildernest-goa.com/

Have a look, might be of interest!
Does anyone have costs for staying at Wildernest?

Thanks
Jo
Thanks for your help i think i will give one of them a go, my son loves birds and creatures so would love both of them ill let you know when i get back what on we have done.

channon
Cant remember how much it cost, but the price included all food (which was lovely, very traditional) and the activities. If you book a lodge overlooking the ravine, the views take your breath away. There are hammocks on the balcony that you can sit in and watch the birds and the sunset. Theres not a lot to do at night, but there is a (cheap) bar if you fancy a drink or two.

If you email goa footprints, they will give you a price
http://www.goafootprints.com/wildernest.htm
The wildernest is not only nice or beautiful, it's amazing. There are two types of cottages available, the valley view and forest view. I would recommend a valley view. It is slightly more expencive but worth every penny. You get a million dollar view when opening your eyes in the morning. you can look at the pictures at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7729989@N03/sets/72157603460515973/
the wildernest starts with the pictures of mountains, it was only place we visited with mountains, so all the pics of them is from there.
The booking must be done early because there are only approx.12 cottages. We stayed there for two nights, arriving on wednesday at 3PM and leaving third day after lunch. On arrival the kichen was opened specially for us and lunch was served. All meals and activities included. Drinks at your expence.
Price we paid was 358 USD for two of us for two nights for valley view cottage.
I would definately recommend this trip to my best friend :tup
elephant
We have been to Godfreys 3 times but have never noticed anything that says no children. We have seen children there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.