Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Goldtrail
264 Posts
same as me! tried with the credit card in july they said they would refund then changed their mind. sent claim to the caa they referred it to huntswood who are dealing with all goldtrail refunds. I got the refund aprox 2 months after the collapse. mine was flight only too but booked direct with goldtrail. two years ago i had flight with excel airways - learnt then that if things go quiet you have to ring or nothing at all happens - it took 9 months to get refund then!! jenny
Im getting so stressed about this.
To cut a long story short, we were booked with Goldtrail through Onthebeach.com. I completed claim forms and returned on 27th July. According to OTB.com my forms still havent been sent to CAA. The last correspondance on 3rd Oct was to say they were being checked and they would contact me once they were sent off.

I have since read that the CAA are not paying out any compensation to OTB customers.

Now my e-mails are being returned - obviously they do not want to speak to us people waiting for refunds.

Can anyone shed any light on this matter and what we can do next. Its a waste of time ringing, as it costs a fortune and you get nowhere.

I did speak to the CAA early in October who advised OTB would be dealing with the claims themselves, but do they have ATOL cover????????
Hi,
We also booked through On the Beach, and like you, I sent our form to them in August - and have received and heard nothing back. I have emailed them several times and keep receiving the same reply - that they have a lot of forms and are checking them and will update me when they've sent it to the CAA. In the end I got so frustrated with this standard reply that I have just called them today. They told me they have not yet sent the CAA any forms as they are waiting for a decision from the CAA and Goldtrail's administrators which apparently will be made on 29th - ie this Friday. They say they will email all claimants then to update them. She had no idea what the decision was concerning or what it would be - just to wait until Fri. I am extremely sceptical and do not expect to hear from them on Fri, so it may be worth calling again on Fri to chase.
Hope this helps - I feel for you, as I am equally as frustrated.
Thanks
Kate
x
Hiya Mums the word,

Thanks for that notification - that is good news - looks like we should get our cash before Xmas.

Thank you so much for posting that, as I am not a big FB user, so might not have heard.

Thanks

Kate
x
@katelucy - We have also updated our website. You can see the link on our homepage. Hope this helps.
I paid over 3000 quid to A1Travel in January 2010. Goldtrail ! So forms sent and confirmed as received by A1Travel in August 2010. Since then been impossible to find ay information from A1Travel or any updates !
They still have not been sent to CAA as I have not received any confirmation number.
So I have had to resorrt to speaking to solicitors and I have to now file a county court claim against A1 Travel for failign to provide the goods as described. It is now 10 months since they took my money !

I dont think its unreasonable to expect a refund or at least some information on what is happening to the claim forms.

Interested to hear if anyone else has had any legal advice ?
Hi - I too have had great difficulty getting any info from A1. I have sent numerous emails - not one reply apart from the automated response - and I have called weekly for the past two months. On Friday 29th, I called and said if I didnt get a response I would take legal advice and make the media aware. I did get a response - the CAA are not paying out the refund but Sandy in claims advised that A1 would be. Good news - if this happens of course :think
May I make a daft suggestion - or it might not be but have any of you considered writing to your MP about this? Writing to the newspapers is always a hit and miss affair. If a newspaper receives sevearl thousand letters in a short time they might think it worthy of a couple of paragraphs on page 27 and then forget about it but your MP writing to these people or asking questions might have more effect.

fwh
Steve,
When you wrote - the CAA are not paying out the refund -. Was there any reason given.

Sinceposting my initial comment I have read ( from CAA site ) that several travel companies have been appointed to administer the refund process and that Chadwell ( AT Travel Holding company ) is one of those !
I can only hope this is good news as it may mean less burocracy in posting forms between agent and CAA etc.
And I also wonder if this was the source of your omment to which I referred, above ?

Good luck
Hello
With regard to the news that otb will now be "administering" the goldtrail refunds on behalf of the caa, will that lead to an admin fee being levied upon each booking / passenger / whichever other option is more profitable? Multiply that by x thousands equals Nice Little Earner. Maybe my glass is just half empty................
W1lls
God W1lls, I hope not - I may explode if they do anything like that.......let's hope not, huh? Kate
Hello katelucy, UPDATE
Having first submitted my claim in early August, I received an email fron otb last thursday stating that they could not take my claim any further as I had only provided copies of statements with my origimal claim. On speaking to them I was advised to email their claims department and they would "see what they could do". All in all this sounds like another delaying tactic. If they have received monies from the caa it is in otb`s interest to hold it in their account for as long as possible before parting with it. Or have they not even looked at these claims until after getting the all clear from the caa? Has anyone been paid out yet from otb?

W1lls
Hi Everyone,Has anybody had any money returned from the caa ,we booked 8 flights for a week in turkey on August 16-23 we filled in all the forms as soon as we returned from our nightmare in turkey when our returned flights through kiss also went bust,will we get our money back by christmas ??????
hiya im wonderin if any1 in same boat as me, i booked my holiday through co-operative travel then of course goldtrail went bust so my holiday was cancelled ,i had response from huntswood sayin they received my claim and would up to 6 weeks to review but nearly 5 months im still gettin nowhere ive made numerous calls to them askin what problem is they sayin they waitin on receipts from co-operative travel to be sent to them to show they paid goldtrail the monies .so i took it upon myself to phone co-op and they claim to have sent them all ,i have rephoned them each 4 times and both seem to be stickin to the same story so basically my claim is gettin nowhere as both blamin each other ,just wondered if any1 could help or is havin same problem :que
Just an update on my experience. Still no return of email or contact from A1 Travel.
It will be soon be December and I paid A1-Travel in January !
I hope people will learn the lesson from this.
Hello all
Well as suspected those leeches at otb have been true to form. I got an email this morning to say my refund was ready for collection. I followed the gold trail {!} through their system only to find that my anticipated refund of £1140 was in fact only £1036! £104 charges to have my own money back! You can guess the rest, rang otb who told me to email them so did so. Awaiting response. Rang caa to ask if they were aware of otbs charges when they {caa} would have paid in full. Ther too told me to email them. I did. Awaiting response. Lets not forget it was the caa, not me or you, who chose to allow otb to pay out on their behalf. Its always easier to spend someone elses money. We have strength in numbers, just DONT USE OTB and DONT TRUST CAA.

Happy Christmas to everyone else!!!!! W1lls
At least you got most of your money back. My betting is that they will be thinking you will be so pleased to get SOME of your money back that you wont notice the missing 104 GBP of charges.

My status is still : Flights paid for Jan 2010, Claim submitted August. Heard nothing.
Hi all,
I finally got a response from otb and it was just as expected.....

"In the case of flight bookings we display the service fee we have charged to make the booking on their ATOL documentation. As a business we incur costs to book, administrate and in this case refund customers flight bookings. The service we have offered has been fulfilled and therefore the service fee we charge at the time of booking is non refundable along with any credit or debit card fees.

In the event of an ATOL holding airlines failure the CAA agrees to cover the cost of all monies paid to the failed airline and it is this amount OTB are now refunding to the customer."

Kind Regards

My money > otb > goldtrail > caa > otb { hold on to it for as long as possible} back to me { minus £104}. Money for nothing!

Yes it could have been worse, I might have got nothing back, but that doesn`t make it right!
Realistically, otb and caa now pee in the same pot so I should expect nothing less.

Anyone for cornwall or the English riviera this year?

W1lls
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.