Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
If anyone can assist by posting a review please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Hi Robbie.
We just returned from the Bahia Principe in Mexico.Absolutly fantastic hotel(s)We stayed at Tulham hotel in which we were located very close to the beach.Regarding our 15 year old daughter,she took plenty of reading material and spent most of the day time reading whilst taking time to an occasional swim in the amazing pool.She never got bored,although when it rained and we were "forced" to spend our time in the bar during the day,drinking the hotels choices of cocktails and tecela ,she did find this boring.
The night time also not very entertaining.They are to young to go in hacienda so all ther entertainment at night is a 1hr show then listening to a trio band sing.and closes at 11pm.That wuld be my only complaint .
The hotel itself is clean,staff are very pleasent,food amazing(although towards the 2nd week got a little predictive in choice but you have also ah la carte,mexican,grill and oriental rest's).
If you jump the local bus into Playa del carmen,it will you approx us$3 each person (one way) take about 20-30 mins.Thier bus's are little mini bus's seat about 12 persons ,but in warm weather,well you could imagine heat insde.You can catch this right out side the maine gates.
Another way to get there ,is by local taxi(us$30 one way).
Finally ,because I could on on forever about this 1st class hotel,if you pay for a safe deposit box(us$ 70) make sure you get a reciept when you pay or else they will try to make you pay at check out.Trust me on this one because that is what happened to me.
Have a nice holiday, youll enjoy it really
Glad you enjoyed your holiday! :wink:

Please can you copy your review HERE?

Thanks.

Pippy :D
be careful whilst exchanging traveller checks.
exchange rate in hotel as at 8/10/07 £1=16 mexicon pesos
whilst at home £1 =19 mexicon pesos
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.