Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Gyms
11 Posts
Hiya MCB. There's a gym at the HIGHLAND BEACH HOTEL which is'nt that far from where you are right in the centre of candolim...Whether they let anyone other than hotel customers use it is another thing..Can i suggest you get in touch with Mike Richardson he has a apartment there and will know about this..best of luck..
There is a very good gym near to Spitfire pub. Top of Calangute High Street standing at the Mapusa Bus Stop near to the big temple. Walk left until you come to the fork in the road and take the left one (as though you were going to Arpora) and the gym is just down there behind the Spitfire. There are (or were) a couple of big signs by the side of the road so you can't miss it. You can get the bus from Sinquerim to the Mapusa stop and it is not far from there or if you are rich you can get a taxi ;)
It is very well equipped and the people who work there are happy to show you round all the equipment. There was a girl doing personal training but she was a too intense for us old bods so packed them in an just did the gym. Can't remember how much it was - about £12 a month.
There is another one near to Calangute Panchayat but this is not as well equipped as the other one and seem only to be used by men.
That gym by Spitfire is owned by the same guy that now owns a great shack in Ashuvm. I call him Sandy but his name is something like Sandish. Its AC inside the gym and has every thing you want in a gym. I looked around it and was impressed but thought it was expensive but he is a really nice guy .He owns the scooter repair place by the side of Spitfire that he used to own as well !
there used to be a gym at the Renton manor, I don't know if it is still there
Thanks for all the advice
Id recommend Sandesh's Gym by Spitfire. Hes a really good mate of mine and a lovely guy! ;) :hyper
Highland Beach lets you use the gym at a cost don't know how much, but shouldn't imagine its very much. Rather you than me, walking the beaches is enough exercise in the heat!!! ;) jan x
Just had a text from Sandesh...his Gym by spitfire pub is called Fitness. x
Just had an e-mail from the Highland Beach Hotel. Unfortunately they don't allow non residents into the gym
This might be the same gym near Spitfires, it might not be....

At the bottom end of Baga Road, before you get to the roundabout that leads to the steps, there is a small side road.
This is next to Krishna's ( late night eating place a favourite with taxi drivers). Its Near the tibetan market on the same side of the Road as Ticlo Resorts , or opposite Park Avenue Hotel , Infantaria and the road that leads to the other (posher) Red Lion Pub .

Go down that road and you get to a big clearing , turn left , which is a mini village complete with cow shed.
The Gym has two floors, the top one has a pool table. Is this the same gym or another? It is AC and has lots of equipment. It is also open from 5.00am in the morning!
Our ex-waiter from Park Avenue now works here. He is called Simon and is always smiling.
If you go to this gym say hello to Simon!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.