Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi,

I have just spoken to manchester airport security regarding this matter. I spoke to the security manager for the airport. He said cartons of milk would need to be decanted into the bottles before going through security. Baby milk has to be tasetd before going through the security into front of the staff.He said there was no limit as to the amount of milk that babies could take with them. He also said that baby food was ok to be carried but jars would have to be opened and tasted again in front of the security. Again there is no limit on the amount of jars of baby foods that can be carried.
Yes can confirm that. We travelled to jersey from manchester the other weekend and parents were having to empty their changing bags and drink from the sippy cups, bottles and had to open jars and eat!
There are numerous SPAR supermarkets in Cala D'Orwhich sell familiar British brands and products. There is also a British Shop, on the road leading from Cala D'Or to the marina. I am not sure about SMA as my child is past that stage, but I am certain you can buy brands such as Huggies, Heinz etc.
Thanks for posting this sam, I was going to ask this question aswell.
When we flew last year... which was the time you weren't allowed any liquids. we had to taste the bottles... we just had the water in the bottle and took one of those tubs that have 3 sections for dividing the milk into then you just tip the section in when making the bottle (dont know what the specific name for the tub is but you can get them in tesco and boots) so we didnt have to taste the milk! also had to taste the puree we had made up.
We took tubs of sma with us cos couldnt get it where we stayed (santa ponsa) you can get huggies and pampers but they are more expensive... apparently one of the spanish brands is the same as pampers but can't remember the name of it. You can get cow and gate baby juice and jars. We used the yoghurts you can get over there our wee one eat them no problem! have a nice holiday.
The 3 section tubs are called milk powder dispensers - Avent & Tommee Tippee make them and they are available in likes of Mothercare etc. I'd agree they are fab - we used ours all the time even at home as it saves on wastage.

DODOT nappies are actually Pampers (identical to Pampers) we used them for our twins several years running with no leaks etc.
hi

we arrived back last tuesday. We took sachets of sma powder with us. We simply took bottles of cooled bottled water with us and just added the powder when required. I would highly recommend taking the baby food and juice with you as it can be quite expensive over there. Cow and gate are readily available but are far more expensive than here in the uk. I also took a birdy fan from mothercare with me which came in very handy as it kept him lovely and cool during the midday sun. I gave him calpol an hour before we flew and he coped with the flight - didn't cry a bit.
Glad to hear your back safe and sound and found all that you needed!

Did you have a good time - any recommendations?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.