Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
173 Days -- booked today - Bangkok, Saigon and phnom penh :)
we are off to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore first two weeks in June for my 50th. Really looking forward to it as we have never been to Malaysia before, but somewhere I have fancied for a while. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Gill
Hi Fiona

We are staying at the Shangri La in KL, Rasa Sayang Penang and the Mandarin Oriental in Singapore. I see that you have also been to Malaysia, would you recommend it??

Gill
the SL was fabulous. Sorry to say I wasn't too bothered with KL. Rasa Sayang- lovely hotel and one I would def choose the next time. Loved Penang! Singapore- off there for a fifth time in July :)
Sounds good Fiona, we are only in KL for 3 nights and don't arrive untill about 18.00 on our first day, so really only 2 days to have a look around. Am really looking forward to Penang, hopefully we have managed to blag an upgrade on our room to the Garden wing, and have read so many good reports that I am really looking forward to it. Hubby has been instructed to sort something out for the day of my birthday, so if he hasn't he will have to look out. Any tips for Penang?

Gill
I'd start a new thread for Penang. Anything I give would be out of date as we went 6 years ago.Keep meaning to go back though :)
82 sleeps to go till were off to Sanur in Bali for the first time. Can almost smell it now :sun2
18 nights Far East & Dubai in March. 4 nights in Singapore at The Mandarin Oriental, 12 nights at The Dara Samui in Koh Samui and 2 nights at Traders in Dubai on the way back to break up the journey. Some long journeys with Emirates via Dubai and just discovered a stop in Colombo on the way to Singapore - hope the jet lag goes quickly !!
23 sleeps now :sun2 anyone elso going my way on the 20th April from Manchester ?
100 days until , Bangkok, Saigon and Pnomh Penh :tup
14 nts in Bali in September for our honeymoon. Booked the whole thing myself as it was cheaper and much greater choice of hotels.
We have 9 nts in The Samaya, Seminyak in a royal pool villa and then 5 nts in the Chedi Club, Ubud in a pool villa. Flights on SQ A380, exit seats both ways...happy as a pig in muck!!
90 days , Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia, need to sort out the Vietnam visa soon
Back from Bali on Sunday and now looking forward to Phuket in October... not enough fingers and toes to count the sleeps.
Cheers Geri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.