Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi
i am going on the 12th july with hubby and son (5) and daughter (11 months) we went in 2005 when it first opened, plenty of hitches but we went with an open mind as it was a new hotel and thought we would go back this year as it has now established and it was the only place my son wanted to go to! Bit apprehensive about aking my daughter away as she will only be 11 months but i'm sure we will get through it! We only booked it a couple of weeks ago so am really excited as it is coming round really quick.
Is anyone else going on 12th July?
hi carlybarratt

we will be there between 9th July and 23rd, and we have 2 boys aged 13 and 10 so we will probably see you there.

going by some of the replies on here we are not late risers (we wish) so will probably have had breakfast and be out to the pool quite early so should be able to get a brolly, if not you will see me sitting in the shallow end of the pool reading a book and trying to stop the kids from drowning me!!

kelly
x
Hi
Kelly, Like you i am an early riser thanks to the kids! We will prob find a place near the kids pool by the kids clubs (if they are still in the same place) in the vane hope that my son will go to them this time! (although he has said that he wont!!)

Does anyone know waht the creche is like and how strict they are with the ages?
My daughter will be 11 months and 1 week when we go and the creche sarts from 12 months. The first choice travel agent said that it is down to the rep when we get there. Just wondered if any one had used them and could advise cause it would be really nice to have a couple of hours free to relax as i am convinced she will decide to walk the day we fly!!!!
hi we have been back 13hours now & still really missing it.

we all had a fab time so much so we have already been to travel agents to see about booking for next year, just not sure which hotel.

well where do we start????
a few bad points...... NO prices on anything in the newsagents(little shop). sis paid £27 for one bottle sun cream,bag crisps, newspaper & 4 lollys.
NO meds to buy unless you see the doc. we needed more calpol after son feeling off colour but was unable to get any with out either a trip to village or £35 to see doc?? they should sell med's in a family hotel.
We felt we got ripped off not having enough turkish money. we took english after reading on here it was best but they seemed to make a price up when you said you wanted to pay in pounds. we paid £20 for 4 on a camel ride but they said it was 20turkish for 4 so not sure how they worked that out?
DON'T waste time going to the bookable restaurants they don't have any choice for kids on it so you have to get them food from the buffet? 7 adults & not one was happy with the choice at any of them.

right bad points gone.
we all loved the pools, they are massive & so many. we had rooms that over looked a small pool so every morning i went for a swim before breakfast.
we got to sit all together 11 of us at most meal times.
Kids clubs for over 3's are free, so as it was very hot in the afternoon we took the kids 3 times & every time they loved it.
Get your photo's taken at the hotel. the men that do the photo's were very nice & would take what ever photo's you liked. we have paid £89 for one large framed photo & an album with 20 6X4 photo's. well worth the money.
If you are looking at doing water sports try & find GEM & ask him to tell you about everything they do. He was very good to us & we even got his email address. he walks round the pools.

we were all happy with the size of our rooms. only down side is the TV is in the lounge which for us was also the kids room so when they were in bed we only had our bedroom to go in.
we found the buffet food was fine. you might have tp wait sometimes because they cook food fresh all the time.

you can get ice-cream nearly all day. snack bar 10-4 also lunch & tea time.

we loved the hotel & would go again but i would hate to think how bad it might be queue wise in the main school hol's.

sorry i'm sure i could say more just so tired after not getting home till 6am after being up since 7am.

you will get given a card when you get there for a towel. you can pick this up from the pool side after 9am & take back between 4-6(i think) so each morning everyone can have a clean fresh towel.
Glad you had a great time Amandap and thanks for the info. Just a couple of questions if you dont mind. Were the mozzies as bad as previously reported? Also, there were a lot of moans on last years reviews regarding the ampitheatre - did you go there for the evening entertainment and how did you find it (previous comment say it is very uncomfortable - are there any tables near by you can view the entertainment from?) Finally, is there a games room (pool table, arcade games etc), as my youngest loves all that.

Thanks for your help

Gill
Thanks for the review Amanda. Great to hear you had a good time.
Will make sure I take plently calpol etc - as would hate to have to pay huge prices. Did you find you spent much even though All Inclusive? Looking for an idea of how much money to take.

We are going 9th - 23rd July (not long now). Really excited (although worried about it being too hot). There will be 18 of us (4 families) for the first week then just our family and one other for the second. Kids ages range from 10 to 1. Planning to relax the first week and then do some trips (especially jeep safari) the second week. My boys are 8 and 6 - hoping they will want to join some of the kids clubs to keep them occupied and out of the sun for some of the time.

Moreen x
GillG

There is a games room with pool tables, ten pin bowling, bar football, playstations, internet and other arcade games.
Have they decided on where we sign the kids into the clubs? They kept on moving the time and location about at the start of the season. We go on Monday 25th June and that info will be helpful.
Thanks Laudan - that sounds perfect for my 7 year old boy - right up his street - is that all in the Palace side?
Hi, Just about to book holiday here. Can anyone who has been there this year tell me anything at all about the beach. Do people use it at all? Are there are watersports on beach please? Sue
Laudan-thanks for the info about the shaded areas around the main pool, they sound great. :D

Jackie Mitchell-we fly from Cardiff on the 23rd July, 09.20am flight, what sort of time is yours. I'm with you re the weight situation, lost half a stone,I think thats it!! :cry:

Lynda-I'm sure I'll spot you then!!I quite fancy the fushia one from Next but my hubby says whats wrong with the orange one we already got!!Men!! All in one bathers then for the slides in the Tropical, I had a good chuckle at that! You've done well with your weight then. I'm green. :mrgreen:

amandap-thanks for the tip re the Calpol, I'll get a couple of boxes of the sachets and the six plus melts for oldest daughter.And re the bookable restaurants, oldest will try new food but little un won't so unless they got chips they probably wouldnt be any good for you. What room no. were you in that sounds like a nice spot.Might email hotel and ask.

I do want to go to one of the restauraunts the night of hubby's bug 40, gonna try and order a cake. Any suggestions as to which one would be the best for that?

Can't wait now, done a bit of holiday shopping,so well in the mood for some sun now. 8)

Cheers
Shar
xxx
Hi Bullseye, I notice you are flying from Cardiff - is this with Onur Air. We want to book from Cardiff on 9th but worried about this air carrier. Have spoken to first choice who say they are not very good. Been told at First Choice shop that there is no entertainment on plane and food is terrible. Also as Turkish airline they do not speak any English. Do you know anything? Would really like to hear from you. Sue
Sue, theres a full topic on Onur Air here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6144&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=onur+air&start=180 if you want to have a read.

I think they've had their problems and complaints in previous years. But from most of the reviews it seems as if they've got their act together recently.

HTH

Catherine x (who has onur air flights booked for next year :wink: )
I've hear similar things with Pegasus who we're flying with in August. Can anybody reassure me??
Here's the Pegasus topic. Have never flown with them before but I'm sure they're ok. I think Briar has flown with them though.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3758&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pegasus&start=60

Catherine x
Bullseye - we fly from Gatwick at 9.40 am. so it looks like we shall be arrive roughly the same time.

To everyone who is there for the same two weeks as us, you will know the Mitchell Family as my son will be living in his Arsenal football shirts day and night!!!!

We too are all getting excited for our holiday - need some sun!!!
That is Arsenal football shirts. Not sure why it didn't come out.
Hi all, still wondering if anyone knows anything about the beach, what its like, watersports etc. Thanks again. Sue
Obviously a block on here for naming football clubs but he support the one North of London - Gooners!!!! Hubbie is East London lot. Me - NONE
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.