Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Thanks Fiona, I'll look at Red Pepper. We go in September so would like to hear your recommendations too.

Also, if anyone has eaten in any of the restaurants in the Peninusula I'd appreciate your comments as we are staying there and wanted in "eat in" one night.
Anybody tried China in Lan Kwai Fong? We are probably going there on our first night. Any other good restaurants in that district?
Also, hopefully we will try dim sum one lunchtime so if anyone has recommendations I'd love to hear them!
Got to be The American Peking
Where is that one scubabob?
Welcome to HT by the way!
Well we never did get to China- it had closed. I can recommend Indochine in Lan Kwai Fong. For dimsum try Maxims at City Hall- infact make it a "must do"!
One of our favourites was Cafe Deco on the Peak- email before your holiday and request a window table. You won't regret it!
Hi,

We keep finding good restaurants and then the next year we go, they have gone!! We like the local restaurants in Tsim Sha Tsui all in the roads near Cameron Road between Nathan Road and Chatham Road. It is all basic Hong Kong Cuisine but it is very nice.

Regards, Heather 747.
After months of anticipation, it's finally here! We leave for China on Saturday and arrive in Hong Kong on the 23rd. :D

I'm after some restaurant recommendations.
Firstly - I want somewhere to go for a special meal for our last evening(budget up to £200 incl drinks)
Secondly - I'd like some cheaper options for a couple of nights.
Thirdly - could anyone recommend a nice fish restaurant?
And finally - has anyone been to Aqua Roma on 1 Peking Rd? The views from it look stunning and I was wondering how much it was. I can see the restaurant and menu online but not the prices. Maybe this could be our last night blow out??

Foodwise, there's nothing we don't like really and we'll try anything once so are open to any suggestions.

Thanks.
I'm sorry I can't give you any tips for your last night, but you must try dim sum during your stay in HK. Two really good places are the Luk Yu Teahouse on Stanley Street in Central on Hong Kong Island and/or Serenade in the Hong Kong Cultural Centre which is right outside your hotel.
When I stayed in Hong Kong after touring China although I had enjoyed the meals I was a little tired of Chinese food and headed for mostly westernstyle food there was even a Harry Ramsdens Fish restaurant. I wouldn't advise eating in the JumBo Floating Restauarant, it's a bit of a tourist trap a friend ate there she said the food wasn't bad but nothing special and a bit pricey. If you take a daytime harbour tour you will be able to see the place.
Hong Kong is absolutely full of restaurants, from roadside stalls to top cuisine. I'm sure you will enjoy it all.
Can't wait to see your review of the Peninsula.
Thanks for those recommendations Judith.
Just back and I'd recommend (all in Tsim Sha Tsui) -

Aqua - 29th floor, 1 Peking Road for great food and fab harbour views. Not the cheapest place but worth it for a special treat.
We also liked La Taverna on Ashley Road.
Bar Mes Amis on Ashley Road has a nice atmosphere and reasonable prices.
Hi
Am looking for a restaurant in Hong Kong with a bit of an atmosphere for a special evening..don't mind if its a bit touristy, its the general wow experience I'm after. In KL we loved the revolving restaurant at the top of the Minara tower, Raffles in Singapore, and in BK recently we had a great evening on the Manohra dinner cruise.
Now I'm looking for somewhere in HK along the same lines. The R66 looks pretty good, can anyone recommend it? Any other ideas?
Thanks!
Regards
Lyn
Lyn, as I mention above we had a fab meal in Aqua Roma - http://www.aqua.com.hk/

The views over the harbour are fabulous. I booked our table for 7.45pm so that we could enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail and watch the harbour light show at 8pm. The service and food was brilliant. It was a very special evening and would be somewhere I would go back if we visit again.
Oh thanks for that Puddleduck..I will certainly look. Sounds like you had a lovely ooooooooooo evening...exactly the feeling I am after..!

Regards
Lyn

PS Have printed off most of your recommendations and stories to work through...thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.