Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hotel Corfu
102 Posts
Hi, i read this also but cant seem to find out any info on who may have bought these hotels and if any changes will be made that will affect travel this year, will keep looking and am going in to going places on Mon to see if they can shed any light.
We are going on Saturday for a week. This will be our fifth visit. Will post when we get back
Ok thanks, have a good hol.
Hello

The hotel Corfu/Skorpios is now part of the Rosu Hotel group.
They have bought 5 of the Marina Hotels.

Hotel Rey don Jaime
Hotel Panorama I & II (Ibiza)
Hotel Corfu/Skorpios

The reservation team are the same as all the staff from the hotels have stayed with the buy out.
If you need any other information then you can call 00 34 971 592800 or send an e-mail to reservas@rosuhotels.com
They will be able to help.

There are no immediate changes to the hotels and everybody is really happy with the change.

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne are you anything to do with these hotels?
Thanks for the info, we are staying at The corfu/Skorpios in July and have been trying to find out whats going on without much look as Thomas cook were insisting nothing had changed until i kept pushing them but they still couldnt tell me much just that their had been some changes to management. I was concerned as the first review listed this year wasnt good at all but hopefully this is a one off and everything will be ok. Thanks again.
Hi Sharon,
Got back yesterday from the Corfu.
The Corfu only opened last Saturday, the day we arrived. I had e mailed them for a pool view in the Corfu and this is what I got. At first all guests were on the 4th floor, but as the week went on all the floors were used as it filled up. There isn't really any difference to the hotel, as most of the staff are the same as in previous years, and food and drink etc are just as good!!!!!!!!!!!
Our only dissapointment, was that the entertainment was in the Skorpios, and as this hotel was full, it tended to be very busy with long queues at the bar. The outdoor stage was being set up when we left yesterday. Just our luck.
I really don't think you have anything to worry about re your holiday in July, and I am sure you will have a great time.

Suzanne, you may or may not work at the Corfu, but I hope you do. A group of friends (5 couples) have flights booked to Palma on 5th September for 7 nights. I asked at reception for a price and I was told 56 euros per night per person. The girl said she would ask about discount, but when we went back next day, we were told no discounts were available. You can easily get a better price online. As I posted previously, this was our 5th visit to the Corfu, so despite all the publicity about loyalty cards, they don't seem to " practice what they preach". Although we love it at the Corfu, there are other hotels on the island that can meet our needs.
Glad you had a good time, thanks for the reassurance we are just counting down the weeks, I was going to email and ask for a seaview but is it worth asking for one hotel over the other or are they both the same. Is the stage near the corfu if so i suppose the other may be a bit quieter later in evening.

Thanks sharon.
We had friends staying in the Skorpios last week. They reckoned our room was bigger than theirs. The poolside rooms in the Corfu look onto the entertainment area, but all music stops at midnight. The rooms on the other side look onto the road and could be noisy with people returning to the hotel late at night. Also, if your room is low down you will be looking onto trees and hedges. From what I saw of the Skorpios, I prefer the Corfu. For example, the Corfu has it's own pool next to the terrace. Having said all that, I am sure you will enjoy either hotel.
Can i ring the hotel direct to find a price?What is the phone number please
The phone number is on one of the earlier posts.
You will get a better price online. Try travel republic, alpharooms, findmeaccom.com or hotels4u.
Try ringing this number 00 34 971 592800. Its the one for the Rosu Group who should be able to help.

Kath
Hi

There are quite a few agents who deal with the hotel direct as everyone has mentioned so you may find a good offer on line at the moment. Failing that you can ring the office direct 971 592800 and ask to speak to Maria Jose, Marta or Marga, they all speak English and will be able to look at the booking and see if there is availability and rates on those dates.

Suzanne
Spoke to Thomas cook last night and they have they have these blocked at the moment
Thomas Cook were bringing guests almost every day last week.
I am in the process of booking 5 rooms for September. Have prices from findmeaccom.com and holidaycitysuperstore.co.uk
Hiya,
Try travel republic they are quite good as well.

Suzanne
Terry 1967 thanks for that info, very useful, we are going there at the end of June and stayed there two years ago, was worried by the change of owners as we thought the hotel was excellent two years ago. Can you tell me has anything changed? Do they still do the carvery almost every night? and are the room facilities still the same? plastic cups for drinks? Thanks for your help :tup
Colin, you will probably not notice any difference. Most of the staff are still there, as is the carvery and plastic tumblers!!!!!!!!1
Last night we booked again for September.
Have a great holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.