Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
my husband and I have booked to stay at the Paraiso in June for 1 week 27th, however we are concerned as we have read a review that the hotel is too small for the amount of guests staying here and there are no where near enough sun loungers? Did anyone stay here last year in June and experience any similar problems. :sun2
  • Edited by David 2008-05-21 22:26:05
    Merged with existing topic
there is another forum on this hotel but no one mentions anything about being crowded all good reviews i myself are going in august and in other forum they say really good things on this hotel ;
i hope you have a good hol i,m sure you will. :) :cheers
  • Edited by David 2008-05-21 22:26:22
    Merged with existing topic
I came back from this hotel on the 26th May. I agree there are not a lot of sun beds around the pool. But please do not let this put you off. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. We had a room on the 5th floor, which I personnally think are the best as you get good sea views. The staff are fantastic as they can not do enough for you.

Go and enjoy this hotel I am sure you will not be disappointed :tup
I am sooo... looking forward to this holiday, only 4 weeks to go. I have tried to ring thomson holidays as I booked online to upragde to a superior room on the 5th floor if possible, but can't get through as usual, the thomson shop can't touch the booking with it being online. So fingers crossed it'll be ok and there will be sunloungers spare. The review I read also said they had to que for a table at breakfast anyone else experienced a problem with this. :sun2
the travel agents and the hotels do not allocate rooms till 2 weeks before you go (travel agent friend said ) so try ringing the agent or the hotel just 2 weeks before .hope this helps you. have a good holiday and let me know about this hotel as i myself go in aug and have got a superior booked :cheers
The hotel was full when we went in May this year. We were always downstairs around 8.30am and never had a problem getting a table. (breakfast was served 8 am to 10 am) The evening meal was served 6.30pm to 9 pm. We were always downstairs at 6.30pm as having been out for most of the day, we were ready to sample the delicious food that was on offer. Please take clothes that expand, as I put on half a stone. Say Hi to Maurizio (one of the lovely chefs who cooks the best pork joint, with crackling I have ever tasted) :)

Marianne, Jacquline and Michael on reception are great and Juan and his staff are lovely.

Have a great holiday :sun2
oh thanks for all the replys. our tickets have arrived today, so it's very exciting. I'm going to stay with the twin room I may try and upgrade with the hotel on arrival. I'll let you all know how it goes. :sun2
could any one returning from the paraiso tell me the dress code for dinner as hubby really does not like wearing long trousers on holiday and it would save me packing more than i need to .
Hi I came back from the Paraiso 2 weeks ago. They do ask that people respect the dress code. My OH is not a man that likes to dress up for dinner. But he did take a pair of black trousers and a light coloured pair of trousers. with him. He wore these with a short sleeved shirt or a polo t-shirt. I do think the hotel is asking you not to go down in shorts and eg football shirt for dinner, although, they didn't mind people dressing like this for breakfast.

The hotel is a lovely hotel and very friendly, I think if you choose to stay in a hotel then it doesn't hurt to dress smartly for dinner and save your casual wear for day time.

I hope you have a lovely time, we loved it :D
hi there we only have 2 weeks now before we go to the paraiso beach, we can't wait this is our 3rd visit to Es cana does anyone know if the red lion is still open?
What sort of age group were in the hotel, most people seemed to have stayed in the superior rooms has anyone stayed in a standard room.
Hi yes the Red Lion is still there. The hotel age group was from age 25 to 80 when we stayed. The people were mostly from the midlands and northerners. We had a great laugh and a fantastic holiday. We had a superior room, so sorry I can not comment on the standard rooms. We did hear they were very good.
thanks gillian, we are on countdown now, can't wait!!! taking my elasticated skirt lol to grow into. Are the drinks in the hotel expensive? we stayed in a gold hotel and thought they were a bit pricey?
thanks ahj
Hi ahj

We found the drinks very reasonable in the hotel. Cocktails were 4/5 euros. If you have the cocktail of the day that is 3 euros. Other drinks in the hotel are also resonable. We went to the Jacaranda bar which is on the harbour. The drinks were more expensive
but it was a nice bar. We were also told of a spanish bar The 3 corners which is on one of the side streets, across from the small fair. That was a very cheap bar, (cocktails 2 euros and beer very cheap) but the seats were not very comfortable.

Have a great holiday, I wish I was coming with you :) Say hello to Marianne, Jaquline and Michael on reception. I miss them all. Don't forget to have a look at the visitors book, there are some lovely comments in it and my poems there too :sun2
hi gillian, thanks for the info on prices etc.. I will certainly say hi to the gang at the paraiso for you, and read your poems ooh this time next week we will have 3 days to go, the weather looks good in Ibiza at minute.
Did you stay around the pool at the hotel in the day or try any of the beaches? I was wondering what cala martina beach is like?

Ahj
Hi Ahj
We didn't stay round the pool at all. By the time we wanted to go round the pool, which was normally around 9.30am/ 10am the pool area had been taken. This didn't bother us to much, but it will be nice when the hotel expands this area in the next year or two.
Cala Martina beach is nice but very quiet, it has a couple of beach bars close by. We found the best beach to go on was Es Cana. It is a nice sandy beach, it has it's own /bar and toilets. The sun beds and umbrellas were 4 euros each. The water is lovely and clear and safe for swimming.

Have a great holiday :sun2
I have tried google maps and some other sites, and they all bring up different locations.
some show it to be in the middle of no where, some say it is next to thomson gold and others say it is next to the zodiac and opposite vista al mar (seas).
Could anyone tell me where abouts it is situated please?
It looks like a lovely hotel, but i dont want to stay there if it is in the middle of no where or far from the beach!

Thank you! :)
Jade x
just go on to thomson site or google Hotel Paraiso Beach.its just up from the road from main post area.short walk on your way to hippy market.

if you get on thomson site for this hotel click map and zoom in.i can see where you might have gone wrong as there are 3 hotels with same sounding name.your not far from the action in es cana.but its always nice to get away from the crowds mainly at night time.nice hotel.
we were at this hotel 2years ago and it is excellent it is close to all the shops and bars .we had booked a superior room which has a massive balcony with sun loungers .the food is lovely great choices every night the hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff make sure you enjoy your stay there . when you walk out the front of the hotel you go left and walk up to the hippy market go right and that.s you at the resturants,beach and all you need . there is another beach up to left when you go out hotel which is only about 10min away . the bingo night is a must to go to it,s such a laugh.
hope you enjoy your holiday i'd go back there again without any hesitation . :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.