Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
what website are you talking about ?
I was talking about this website... holidaytruths.co.uk

Sorry if I got your hopes up about finding photographs of the hotel !

7 weeks today and I will be there :D

Stephen
:D Hi all. There are 12 of us going to this Hotel on the 17th June. I have been told by an Iberostar rep that Photo's of the hotel will be available from the 15th May. Am not too concerned as Iberostar are a Big chain of Worldwide Hotels and have been told that they are part owned by a Spanish Business and by Thomas Cook. Their standards look first class for their other hotels so i have no reason to beleive otherwise for this hotel.
Only 5 weeks to go, can't wait. I would appreciate it if anyone can advise me on the best options for a few questions i have:
1) Is it better to take Travellers Cheques or Cash? as i have been told they love English Tenners.
2) Are there many shops for buying clothes, footwear etc?
3) Will £1,500 for 2 weeks between 2 adults and 2 kids be enough?
4) Is it really as cheap as everyone keeps saying it is?
5) Do you get any problems with beggars? as i have been told there may be a few?
Thank you very much :D :D
Hi rajigagi,

Myself and two friends are going to this hotel too on the 17th June.

I have emailed Iberostar and First Choice CS regarding the status of the hotel but havent got anything back yet but when/if I do will post it on here.

I too am not too concerned as I allways stay in Iberostar hotels and have allways had a great time and they have hotels all over the world so by now I am sure they know what they are doing when they come to openning a new one!!!

I have checked this hotel on the Gazetteers system that the travel agents use and nothing is showing up regarding building work or anything and on the booking system where it should notify you of any probs is all it says is that "The minibar is payable locally" so hopefully there should be no probs however I have read on this forum that there is loads of building work going off in Sunny Beach but sounds like the outskirts more so and this hotel is meant to be central.

I too have been told that they like English notes! anyway if I find out anymore will let you know! anyway if there are any probs on arrival will see you in reception!!!!

Have a great hol!! :)
I am going to be staying at the Iberostar suuny beach resort on the 13th June 2005 with my girlfiend - It is her first time abroad

Originally be booked with first choice to stay in the marina grand palace in nessebar - but 3 months down the line the said there was no availability and moved us to iberostar.

We are paying 385 pounds each to stay here for two weeks, which is a bargain, as it is currently selling for between 600 and 700 pounds for two weeks starting on the 13th June.

Anyway, cant get a response from First Choice about the current situation, but my travel agent phoned and said that first choice will be using the hotel for the first time on 13th June 2005 - the day we go.

I am totally annoyed at this - and will be kicking up a fuss with my rep and reception if it is not finished.

My Travel Agent has also told me that if it is not ready First choice will have to loisten to me as they have already changed my accomodation, and it is rare for them to aggravate customers twice.

Does any one have any tips if i go and the hotel is not what it is described as being, or not finished yet? - or will i just see you all at the reception complaining???

Jamie Borland
Jamie

Have a read of our Holiday Advice Centre - there is loads of advise in there http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=47

Kath HT Admin
Jamie print off and take with you the Safe and Sound brochure available via my signature. It is written by travel law solicitor Ros Fernihough and contains valuable information for the holidaymaker.

Included is what to do in resort should your accommodation not be suitable.

PRINT IT AND PACK IT
Excavators Dig in Sunny Beach Seaside Resort at Nighttime

http://www.standartnews.com/stnews/english/business/index.htm

- Could this be iberostars sunny beach resort, as it opened last year

http://www.standartnews.com/archive/2005/05/09/english/business/index.htm

This post has been edited for copyright reasons. Please feel free to post links, but news articles should not be reproduced on our pages.
David HT Mod
I have e-mailed the Iberostar Rep and this is the reply I received regarding updated news:

Dear Mr.Porter,

I'm sorry,but I have no confirmation of the opening date - 1st June yet. Till the end of the week the ouwner company should give Iberostar an officially information regarding opening date of this property.

Best regrds

Mariana Kostadinova
Sales manager
Iberostar Bulgaria

I will mail them again at the beginning of next week to find out more so watch this space. :D
Your picture is from www. holidayhotels.com.
I think the Iberostar Sunny beach Resort in Sunny beach is not ready.
I must call my friends in Sunny beach and ask for it. Why do you interested in
the Iberostar Sunny beach Resort?

Was speaking to one of the bulgarians who works for the local press i think - Anyway she sent me this email about Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort.

I am going on 13th June, and am a bit worried.

Also First Choice are not helping the matter as we have had no corrospondance from the numerous emails i have sent
well, the hotell cant be finished , my guess is that as soon as it is done they will put the pictures on the internett , someone said that pics would be released the 15th may, well today is the 18th may and still no pics .
allso noticed that in the iberostar website , if you go on the tab that says "news" it says : iberostar sunny beach resort (golden sands) , i ordered a trip to sunny beach , not golden sands , why does it say golden sands on this hotell ??? do they build one in golden sands to or what ? but when u click on that link you get to teh site for the hotell it says "Situated in the heart of the Sunny Beach resort"
i dont get it , cant they decide where it is or IS actually golden sands in sunny beach ???
I am going to the Iberostar Sunny Beach resort on 13 JUne also. I have today emailed Thomas Cook to get confirmation that it will be up and running then. When I get a reply I will post.
I am also booked to go to the Iberostar Sunny Beach Hotel on Fri 17th June with my husband. Got a good 10 day deal with First Choice so no complaints so far!!

Trying not to worry about building sitaution, and play it by ear. Will prob see some of you there then!

Lisa
iberostar sunny beach hi my wife and i are booked to stay here on the 6 june. we too are a little bit worried as to when this hotel opens. we booked with cosmos and when i spoke to the rep they said that it will be open when we arrive.but i am still a little bit concerned.this will be our first trip to bulgaria .we normally go to turkey. and have been looking forward to this holiday for months.
has any body got any more info? or any contact numbers that we can try
thanks alan and jill southampton :?[/img]
Hi Alan,

I hope you and your wife have a great time at this hotel. I am booked in from 27th June so I really hope it is open for you !!!

I emailed Thomas Cook to voice my concerns and await their reply. I will keep everyone posted if I get a reply.

5 Weeks and counting......................

Stephen
I received the following reply from Thomas Cook re Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting thomascook.com.

The latest information we hold for this hotel assures guests the hotel
will be completed by 31 May 2005. This information was provided on
29.04.05. If for any reason further delays are expected we will
contact you direct and advise you fully of the situation.

We hope this information is of use.

Regards,
Trina
thomascook.com Customer Services
talktous@thomascook.com

Lets hope so!!!

Stephen

5 weeks today...........................
Take a look at this photo. :(
http://www.velika.info/bgdev/index.php?session=0&action=read&click=open&article=1114677685

"Строители на плажа", which means "Builders on the beach"
I have just received the following from Thomas Cook:

In response to your email, i apologise for the delay in getting back to you i
have had to wait to get the tour operator on the phone.
I have managed to speak to the tour operator who has advised that the building
work has been completed as the builders have had to abide by the deadline
imposed by the local authority.
The errata information that the tour operator has regarding this accommodation
indicates that the any work still to be done will be very minimal and should
take place in such a manner that it will not disrupt any of the people staying
at the hotel. The errata also indicates that there will be no use of the tennis
courts or the volley ball.
The errata information the tour operator has may be updated prior to your
departure in which case they have to inform you.
If this becomes the case you will be informed as soon as possible.

Hope this helps everyone due to go out there in the next few weeks. Not sure my tennis or volley ball skills are that good anyway - and now looks like they won't get the chance to improve any!
:D thanks evrey body for putting my mind at rest.i dont think ill worry to much about the volley ball or the tennis either.only13 days to go
(tim henman) alan :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.