Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Thanks for all your hard work LJ.
Is there any chance you could PM me the photos when you are back online again.We don`t go until the 17 th of July so we are not quite as pressed for time as everyone else,but as this is our first holiday away as a family we want to make sure we are not going for a two week nightmare.

I think earlier in this thread it was confirmed that the tennis courts and volley ball definately will not be finished,could i use this to say that the travel company have broken their contract and demand a full refund,then book somewhere else instead?

Do you guys think we could use this uncertainty to get a partial refund or a better hotel say 5 star or all inclusive?If we went to the travel agents now could we get the same two weeks cheaper than we have paid?

Sorry for going slightly off topic but I for one would like to know my rights before tackling the travel agent.

FC claim say there is now no baby sitting service, no billiards, and the main pool may not be ready - also internal and external paiting, plastering.

Getting worried now - i fly out on the 13th

Can you also send me the photos please.
Can any confirm if this bit includes our hotel?

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33156&start=60

Quote:
The electricity of thirty hotels under construction in Sunny Beach seaside resort was intercepted by the order of Slanchev Briag AD, the company running the infrastructure of the Black Sea resort. The sites will be frozen till the end of Summer Season '2005. The reason is in that the owners of the sites failed to observe the order issued by Mayor of Nessebur, Nikolay Trifonov the ongoing construction works to be suspended. At present Sunny Beach resort accommodates 10,000 holiday-makers.

If it does theres not much chance of it being finished.
Hi All

Four of us are booked to go to the Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort on the 13th June and im not too sure what to think to be honest :?

This is the letter that i received from Thomas Cook today:

We write concerning your forthcoming holiday to Bulgaria.......The information that we have received from our overseas team is that the resort of sunny beach is under development........Majority of the heavy machinery has now left the resort and therefore the majority of the work that is taking place is in the finishing stages. It is likely that you may experience some noise and visual disturbance however, we are confident that the work taking place will not affect the enjoyment of your holiday........If however the circumstances change to any great degree, you can be assured that we will ontact you again................We remain confident that your chosen accomodation will continue to provide you with an enjoyable and satisfying holiday...................

Fingers crossed for us all!!! :wink:
Ive posted the photo again , in the upload section of the Gallery, last one dissappeared for some strange reason .?.....
hi all . thanks for the picture.cant really see a lot from it but thanks anyway.only 4 days to go.i will send a report back when i get there.just to inform any body what sort of state evreything is in
alan-jill southampton
well, im not going there until the 7th august , the question then is : are they allowed to to work on the hotel during the summer , or are they obligated to stop work during the tourist season ? in that case WHAT work are they allowed to do , i dont wanna go to this hotell unless it is COMPLETLEY finished , the pool erea must be complete , all resturants and pub\bars , outside area all arround the hotell , i dont care if there is a few rooms that are not done as long as ours is ok , the problem with theese kinda hotels is usually that they do it just oposite , they first finish rooms so that they have a place to put people so they can start making money , THEN they start worrying about the outdoor area , to me this is WRONG, the most important place for me at the hotell is the outdoor area , we dont stay much at the room , we are on vacation and spend most of the time outside . i think i need a serius talk with my travel agancy today , i will make a call and i will post whatever info they have.
Hi all :D , I received my letter from Thomas Cook telling me bout possible works going on and the likes. My lass went in to see a rep yesterday and they told her they will ring us in a few days to update us on the situation. Upto now i havnt been too bothered bout the situation with the Hotel being one of the Iberostar chain of hotels but i am now gettin a wee bit jittery as it seems to be cuttin things fine for all the Amenities in the Hotel to be open and in operational order for our arrival date, 17th June. Am not even sure that the main pool is going to be ready either.Am so looking forward to this holiday too as i really think i need a break away from work etc. I can't help thinking this is going to turn into another Royal Park Hotel fiasco now (sincerely hope i'm wrong). My lass is even starting to talk about alternative holiday locations :shock: :shock:, think it's a bit early but i really don't know???? Will just have to wait and see what happens :? :?
I have heard nothing from the travel agent that I booked with (Thomas Cook). I will be going in to see them today to try and get some answers, particularly the pool not being ready etc.

I will let you all know how I get on.

3 weeks on Monday....................

Stephen
i fly out this monday i will send report back about the current condition of the iberostar. as we are supposed to be staying there.ill keep my fingers crossed for all
alan-jill southampton :? :?
Just back from visiting my travel agent. The girl that has dealt with everything so far phoned Thomas Cook direct in Sunny Beach. The latest news was that EVERYTHING with the hotel will be complete by 10th June and the first Thomas Cook guests will arrive from 13th June.

Our travel agent would not end the phone call until this was 100% confirmed and that we would be fine otherwise we were being offered the chance to change booking.

Stephen
I was due to leave for my holiday at iberostar sunny beach bulgaria on monday 6th june and have been informed today, thursday 2nd that the hotel is nowhere near ready has lots of building work still going on. Absolutely gutted. Was offered an alternative hotel of the same standard but with less facilities, (the iberostar tiara beach) no compensation though or anything, absolutely fuming weve been messed around at such a late stage. We couldnt book elsewhere at such short notice on those particular dates as we'd booked our days off work we are now left feeling we have no choice but to accept this rather than dissapoint the children. I just hope this is the end of our bad luck on this holiday! :x
I hope that having to change hotels is not the case for us, especially as we go on the 17th June and are travelling as a Party of 12. It's definitely late in the day to be taking on board all the hassles of changing to another hotel and needing to find out if it's gonna be up to the standards we are expecting at the Iberostar Sunny Beach.
I will not be happy at all and will raise the roof on them if i don't get enough satisfaction. However, i am still taking it as it being open and up to standards when we get there. Even though the finishing date has been changed some 4 times now.
Raji, keep us updated on how things work out , maby you should call the agency and get a final answer from them if you have to change hotell or not.
keep us updated
hi all. this just makes me more confused.uptill wednesday we were told it will be open on the 6th june from our travel agent(cosmos) and that was after a long chat, we arrive on the 6th june i hope they dont change anything now .only 2 days to go. i can asure you we wont be very happy.and would be seeking some form of compensation. how is it all the travel agents are being told different dates? surley some one knows.we have been chasing this up for the last 4 weeks, ie been in touch with cosmos twice and iberostar rep twice.so you can understand why we are still worried.surley they cant change your hotel this late in the day.we must have some rights. any way will keep you informed on any new developments. :? :?
alan-jill southampton
I have known Balkan to change your Hotel on arrival at Varna, I am sorry I am not going your way today, as I would have got a answer for you. All the Best. Tonyt
thanks anyway .surley they cant do that to us.this has been a holiday from hell already. and we havent even got there yet
alan-jill southampton
I have been going twice a Year for the past 7 years. Believe me it does happen usually it is up a grade but if you book 5 star you lose out. I know of many people who know which hotel is going to be open and book a lower grade one knowing it will not be open early season and they get an upgrade for nothing. Going to be signing off soon have to leave Hastings 10.30 for Airport. Cheers Tonyt.
Hello, I'm from Holland
I have found this link on the internet for some pictures.
It's not much, but it's something.... :D

http://www.sigma-equity.com/hotels.php?id=3#gal
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.