Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
makes you wonder how they can lie right in your face , they know wery well if the hotel is finished or not
Nice to see the Iberostar website at least now refers to the hotel as being in Sunny Beach and not Golden Sands as it was listed before!

Has anyone been able to contact Iberostar directly about this hotel?

toddy
Hi All :D have just got back from Thomas Cook. Went in to see them as i contacted the Trading Standards people about where we stood. Thomas Cook rep rang First Choice who said that the Opening Date had been put back to the 13th June as the Hotel is still not finished. I asked if i could have that in writing but they basically said that they cannot commit to that as there is work still going on. This suggests to me that they know they will be liable if the date gets changed again. The Thomas Cook rep just kept saying Her Hands Were Tied and she Couldn't Do anything except wait till the 13th and see if they were receiving customers. I am now going to e-mail Iberostar and ask them for confirmation that the Opening Date is now the 13th and not the 9th that they had told me. Will let you know of any further progress, best regards, Brian. :) :)
we have had 2 replies from iberostar. they say that the resort will be finished by the 13th june and the only work going on is around the sunny beach area and not the resort itsself
I have just received in the post today the Balkan 2006 brochure and the
Sunny beach resort is still an artists impression :roll:
can anyone mail me some photos of the place please... cheers
Hi,

I've been following this post with interest over the last couple of days. We were booked to stay at the iberostar from 1st July till the 8th, but having read all the damning reports on here, and other similar forums, began to have second thoughts.

I received a copy of the photos taken on the 3rd June from another forum member, and took them on a little holiday of their own to our travel agent, who recommended that we changed our holiday asap.

I have been in the construction industry for the last 10 years, and from the evidence available I can not see anyway at all that this building will be complete this summer, let alone this month !!! Even if they inundated the site with "skilled" labour, the chances of the building being 100% operational in terms of services are virtually zero.

One only has to look at the artist impression of the site and compare it to the photos of the current state of play to realise that if you do stay in the iberostar this summer, you will not be staying in the same hotel that you imagined you would be, and it certainty will not be rated at 4*.

Anyway, we demanded that our travel agent (letsgotravel) changed our holiday immediately. At first they offered us the Yavor Palace hotel, which following further research, appears to be non-existent... nobody has heard of it so it is probably in a worst state than the iberostar ! Alternatively, they offered us a hotel in another resort.

However, to cut a long story short, we are now staying in the fiesta beach hotel, as there appear to be pictures of the actual constructed building available, which is kind of comforting.

I can only recommend that those of you still booked to stay in the Iberostar change asap, as im sure that many will be requesting an immediate transfer when they arrive to stay at this glorious building site, and who knows where you will end up when it comes to relocating the masses at short notice !!!

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I feel that it needs to be said else many people will be in for a disappointing holiday, to which in essence, appears to be a very favorable resort !!!
Hi

I am (hopefully!) going to the Iberostar Sunny Beach resort on 1 August and have been following the various updates re when the hotel is actually (if ever!) going to open.

I e-mailed Iberostar and received the following reply today:

'Dear Mrs ...........

The last desicion is to open the hotel on the 9th of June.

Best regards,

Nikola Nikolov
Iberostar Sunny BEach Resort'

Could someone kindly e-mail me any photo's of the hotel?

Thanks

Hazel
we are going at the end of august and am a little concerned myself, have already been moved from iberostar luna bay which is even mor incomplete by the sounds of things, could someone send me these pics please, im new to forums so not sure how you would send them, thanks
Hi All

I spoke to Thomas Cook today who advised that will be receiving an update from their overseas liasons on Friday 10th then it will be decided whether the hotel will be ready for us on the 13th.

The lady i spoke to said that the people who were due to go there last monday were moved to the Iberostar Festa.

Stroll on friday!!! :D
My travel agent king world travel has been excellent in dealing with my complaint with iberostar - they even have their director in talks with FC.

So far they have just been telling me what FC said, the messanger, but since i have given them the photos, FC have sent a rep over.

FC have been sticking to "its going to be ready on the 13th, and its finished" but now they are more hesitant!!! And a decision will be made 2moro whether it will be open

Jamie
we are talking about the iberostar sunny beach arnt we ??? :!:
We are talking about the "Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort Hotel"

There are other Iberostar hotels in Sunny beach which are up and running.
HI EVERYONE

AFTER SEEING LESLEY JANES PHOTOS I PHONED FIRST CHOICE WHO STATED THAT THE HOTEL WILL BE OPEN FOR TH 13TH JUNE (THATS WHEN WE GO) I ALSO E-MAILED IBEROSTAR DIRECT GOT A REPLY FROM MARIANA KOSTADINOVA SALES MANGER, IBEROSTAR BULGARIA SHE STATED HOTEL WOULD BE OPEN ON 9TH JUNE AND THERE WERE NO BUILDING WORKS. I HOPE SHES RIGHT KEP YOU POSTED

CATHY : :roll:
Yeah i was talking about the iberostar sunny beach resort

jamie
Malloy - please do not post in CAPS as per the terms and conditions.

Any further posts will be removed.

Many thanks

Kath HT Admin
please can someone e-mail me some photos please. thank you kindly
Where is this hotel located?
Does anyone know how far it is from the (busy) boulevard?
My wife called today Neckermman travel agency main office in Warsaw and asked about Iberostar-will it be finished or not? She was told that all the building works should be/will be finished by 15th of June BUT it doesn't mean that the area around the hotel will be ready (grass, tress, etc.). We decided to change the Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort to IFA Beach Hotel Bellevue but honestly I don't know if it was a good decision and I am considering to change it back to Iberostar - we are flying in Septemeber. I am also considering flying somewhere else:-(
Arek
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.