Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Thomas Cook moved us to the Marvel Hotel too today after 2 and a half hours of a heated discussion with them :twisted:

But i wasnt prepared to sit there for another hour or so discussing compo so they will be getting a lovely worded letter when i return.

Very happy with the move as we are still in Sunny Beach, shame it has come to this though as 6 months ago i was very excited about going to Iberostar Sunny Beach.

Anyway 3 days to go...................there just better be good weather now!!! :D

Thanks to everyone for their info and a special thank to Lesley for all her hard work.

Charlm - See there monday :wink:
Hi I too have had the e-mail from the hotel this morning

Dear Debbie,

The hotel was opened yesterday.It consist two bodies.The first building is
compleated.There is a restaurant,Lobby Bar.The second building will be
finished till 16-17th of June.But there are no building works,only some
details with furniture.The public area - swimming pools ,jaccuzzi are
ready. Up to 13th june is planned to be available indoor swimming
pool,Sauna,Fitness center.There is no noise any more.But you know the hotel
is brand new and there are some details to be finishied.

The Area managers are going every day to check the facilities and the TO
will take a decision.

Best regards
M.Kostadinova
Sales manager
Iberostar Bulgaria

I don't believe a word of this but keeping all the e-mails as evidence if we need them on return!!

We have been into Thomas Cook today with all the photos and the discussions betwen us all, the travel agent phoned up and the idiots on the other end are still saying the hotel will be fully complete by monday (13th) we fly a week later (20th) they said that the photos could have been taken months ago for all they knew, the travel agent was really getting mad with him but he wouldn't accept what she was saying and said he had a fax confirmation from the resort that it was complete and accepting visitors on monday.

We were told we couldn't do anything - strange that others with Thomas Cook have been able to, she said she would wait and see what the update on tuesday was after guests had arrived on mon. We are just waiting for the dreaded phone call!! Its not so easy for us to change now as we have one person in a room for single occupancy and no other hotels will accept that now.... so we are stuck with this hotel untill we are told otherwise or it will cost us a small fortune to change ourselves....heres hoping a miracle happens and we get to stay there or at least get moved to somewhere decent and all inclusive!

Wish you all happy holidays, we might all be getting in touch afterwards for witness statements for our claims

Regards Debbie
I have had yet another day of fun and games with First Choice!!, I rang this morning as am getting quite concerned as go on the 17th and the not knowing of whether we will get to this hotel or not is now driving me mad! :x

This morning they said that they had only made decissions to move people on Monday and so anyone going after this should still go ahead but if this changes they will let me know. I went along with this as didnt see what else I could say.

Then this afternoon as I started to hear that people going the same date as me had managed to move I rang them again and expressed all my concerns, they basically told me that the building work was purely with the resort and not the hotel!(what rubish!), I said I had pictures to prove otherwise and I said I knew people that had seen what a state the hotel is in, he then insisted that the photos must be of another hotel as Sunny Beach is a big resort with lots of hotels! :x I told him that the pictures are of a hotel with a sign on the roof that says 'Iberostar Sunny Beach Hotel'!! I was starting to get rather annoyed at this point! then he put me on hold to get the file on the hotel and said that there is a hotel been built 20 meters away which is causing noise, dust etc but nothing to worry about as they have had no complaints for this hotel!! couldnt believe this they have obviously had no complaints as they have got no guests staying there!!! :argue Well in the end they still wouldnt move me hotels as insist the hotel is complete and will be fine for the 17th June!

So yet again will just have to keep my eyes on this forum and keep chasing up FC!! :bhead

However to all those that have managed to get moved would like to say Congratulations!! :pele and hope you have a great holiday :sun .

Jem
Hey Jem

Sorry to hear about your nightmare with FC, but when I spoke to them they did say that they were only moving guests travelling out on the 13th as yet as they are under the impression that it will be complete. But we all know what they say and what is true can be totally different things. I guess you just have to keep trying which is a real pain in the neck when you want to be looking forward to your hotel.

Well I hope you get some joy and enjoy your holiday. Im sure we will be both be back on the site on our return to let everyone know how it went and what state the hotel acctually is in.
hi all. just a quick update we walked around the hotel again yesterday
as i said in the last message the hotel does seem to be in two parts.there is a lot of workmen all over it and they seem to be making a lot of progress. but there is still a lot to do. i think maybe they could get one half ready.shortly but we cant see inside so not sure what interior is like.but i still mantain it will not be fully open for a few weeks yet.i hope i am wrong but cant see it i was talking to another couple who were supposed to be staying there as well. and they agreed with me.anyway ihope it turns out all right for all of you.
alan-jill southampton (live in sunny beach)
Thanks for the update Alan :D. Although Iberostar are a big chain of hotels, in my honest opinion, they should be more Professional than they have been since there is still some work needed to be done on this hotel at the start of the holiday season. Their reputation promised more than they have delivered and it was because of this that we decided to change hotels. Peace of mind is what is needed when you have saved all year round for your once a year getaway relaxing holiday. In a strange way it's good to hear that the hotel is, in your opinion, still weeks from being finished. As it suggests that we have made the correct decision to change hotels. I do not in anyway mean that i am glad because obviously, other people are still booked to go to this hotel soon. I'm sure you'll understand what i'm getting at? Anyhow, we can now start counting the days down once again with peace of mind, best regards, Brian. :D
Has anyone who is going in July moved hotels yet?

We go on 18th July and are thinking of hanging on for a couple more weeks to see if the promised opening date is correct before tackling out travel agent about it!

Heres hoping it will be open soon....

toddy
@toddy,we were due to go in the 17th of July and we have moved.
We had a couple of problems though,hotel not finished and 3 hour coach transfer when we got there.
It looks like even if it is ready fir the 18th,they are only trying to open half of the hotel.Surely that means only half the guests can be accomadated.
Keep an eye on this thread though,I think Alan Byrne is going to post some photos from his trip as soon as he gets back.
Hi there all
Just signed in as i have been so interested in reading everones concerns on the iberostar. quite rightly so. we are going there on the 20th july, have 2 small children and two old adults with us, so you can see our problems. it needs to be what they have said it will be.god help them if it is not !!!! :
i am not feeling so bad about it at the moment, but keeping a very close eye on the updates that other people are giving.Thanks to all.never been to bulgaria, so i hope as a first time visitor we are not dissapointed.
how do other folks going in july feel ????
im going on the 8th august. hope it is done by then.
hi everybody we have been following this thread very closely as we are travelling to the iberostar on the 2nd of july, after seeing lesley janes photos i contacted balkan and after being put on hold 5 times i eventually spoke to one of their pre departure staff who informed me that the hotel was not only open but also occupied by some of their guests, this was on the 8/06.05 , as i was not happy with this reply thinking it may well be untrue i requested that balkan send me a letter stating that the hotel will be complete by the 2nd july, i did receive a letter the next day but it only states that they will inform me if their are any changes that might affect the holiday and it was unsigned, i have now contacted a.b.t.a who have informed me by post that they are now in the process of contacting balkan
to find out exactly what the position is, i will keep everyone posted with any developments.
I too have now heard that the hotel is open and Balkan guests are now staying there and seem to be happy. I hope so :D
I've had this reply from Iberostar this morning

Dear Debbie,The hotel is alredy open, I'm looking for some photos and will send to you
regards Mariana

I will post the photos if I ever get them! I will keep chasing her for them, fingers crossed its going to be open for us all. Has anyone been moved who is flying out monday 20th June???
blondie26,
thanks for posting thats good to know, I travel on the 17th and havent been changed so hopefully we should all be ok now!
Cheers, Jem :D
We're going on 17th also, and just hanging on in there!!!!

I certainly don't want to be moved to a hotel outside of Sunny Beach, so I'm brewing quite nicely until the blur hits the fan!!

Here's hoping......!!!!!

Lisa
same here Lisa, the Hotel sounds great because is meant to be central in Sunny Beach, last thing I would want is to be put out this resort! which Tour operator are you travelling with? :D
Jem, we have booked with First Choice. Booked it online so no travel agent to moan to!!

Flying from Manchester on Friday night, what about you?

Lisa
Lisa,
Snap (allmost!) I too have booked with First Choice online so again the only contact I have with them is by calling them up! I also fly out on Friday but from Birmingham! I am just dredding that FC contact me this week and say we have got to change hotels as this seems to have happened with most people up to now but hopefully now we know it is actually open this shouldnt happen. Am sure we will have a great hol and if there are any probs it is nice to know there are at least two lots of us to tackle FC!
Thanks Jem :D :D :sun
Hi all

Well, we are off to Iberostar today. Have been told by Thomas Cook that we are not being moved and hotel is up and running. Will let you know the state of play - whilst I'm there if I get the chance, if not when we return.

I know I should be de-mob happy, but can't quite seem to be for some strange reason!!

Oh well, a few G&T's on the plane should sort me out!

Crunchie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.