Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Moved aswell
450 Posts
Is there any decent entertainment at this resort now - heard Eliente quiet compared to Sunny Beach
Elenite in the holiday brochure is described as relaxed atmosphere and quiet but it isnt too far from Sunny Beach. It says that its best for families seeking a beach-based holiday.

The hotel does look lovely but doesnt seem to have as many facilites as the Iberostar had to offer..............but saying that Iberostar aint complete yet so Royal Park without a doubt has more!!!!!!

Has anyone who has booked with Thomas Cook heard anything today??
Where do i stand if Fc have made 4 major changes to my holiday???

- Yes 4!!!

Jamie
Jamie,

I hope they give you some desent compansation as you deserve it!, I reakon that for changing you alone to Royal Park as it is in another resort should give you £50pp according to brochure.

Did you call FC or did they call you to let u know about change of accomodation because I go on the 17th June so presumably they will want to move me to Royal Park too, is this the only option they gave you? As I choose the IB Hotel because in Sunny Beach as like a lively resort, oh well hopefully taxi's are cheap!!!

Hope u have a great hol :D :D
Booked to stay at iberostar on 1st August, hopefully all will be well when we get there. For those of you who have been moved to the royal park, we stayed there last year shortly after it opened, there were quite a few teething problems to say the least, think it was a case of get the jobs finished and get the hotel opened so a lot of job weren't done correctly with a lot of shoddy workmanship. The room we had at RP was huge, it had the makings of a cracking hotel. The food in the restaurant was ok, not the best I've had but by no means the worst, there were a few restaurants in the complex but some had to be booked, we never tried them. In my opinion Elenite is ok if you have youngish kids (our daughter was 8 then), the fc entertainment team was excellent, mini disco, bingo usual family entertainment, but I think had we not had any kids we would have been bored. We went into SB several times last year by taxi, but sorry honestly can't remember how much it was, it wasn't too expensive though (or we wouldn't have gone so much!!!). In my opinion (for what its worth), I would say if you're looking for a relaxing time, or family holiday then Elenite is ideal, but if you're after nightlife then it won't be for you. Ask away if there's anything else you'd like to know.
is there any other restaurants and bars rather than the ones in the hotel or is it like butlins!!!
It is basically a holiday complex (not unlike butlins!!!), it consists of royal park at one end, Elenite holiday village in the middle and royal bay at the other end, dotted between them are a few shops, eateries and bars (and I mean a few). Basically the bars are connected with the hotels, which from memory, you can use them all with your AI. I think there was also a nightclub but we never went there, when we were there I think it was mostly teenagers. If you mean are there pubs like in a typical holiday resort, then no theres not. HTH
Have read on another forum that Bus fare cost 1.60 lev, taxi costs 20 lev to Sunny Beach from Royal park.
I went to see my Travel Agent again today (Thomas Cook). Had printed off this discussion forum for them to see. I must say that the girl that has dealt with the full booking has been fantastic. She was told last week (2nd) that everything would be finished by 10th etc...

It was good to have report from Alan-Jill re state of hotel now. Thomas Cook Head Office are NOW claiming that we were told last week that HALF of the hotel will be ready for guests on 13th. This is different to what we were told and Kelly (our travel agent) was fizzing mad today! she got her boss involved and they are still claiming that all building work is finished and it is only furniture and carpets still to be fitted.

I explained that I would rather believe Alan and Jill than their reps!

I now have a room reserved at the Tiara Beach hotel until Monday when my agent will call the resort again to find out how the 1st guests are getting on.

I will be changing hotels, my wife is disabled and we are not staying in a building site. At first, because Thomas Cook are planning on sending people to this hotel, we would be liable for any difference in price! First quote was £250 to change! Eventually, after some negotiations, we were told that it would cost us £14 to transfer but I told them it was a principle thing as we have been messed about, I would not pay 1p more than I already have. Eventually got TC to lower price!

Got until Monday as I have said but I will change hotel. I plan on taking loads of photos of Sunny Beach Resort Hotel to prove to Thomas Cook that it was no where near ready.

Hope everyone else booked to go here either gets a change or things improve over next 2 weeks.

Stephen
Hi everyone,

I am waiting for my travel agent to get back to me sometime today to find out what fc are saying, told her all about what Alan has said about the hotel. I also sent a letter to Customer Sales Iberostar Bulgaria and this reply came this morning:- The hotel was opened yesterday. It consists two bodies the first building is completed there is a restuarant and lobby bar the second building will not be finished toll 16-17th june but there are no building works only some details with furniture the public area swimming pool jacuzzi are ready. Up to the 13th is planned to be available indoor swimming pool,sauna and fitness centre there is no noise any more but you know the hotel is brand new and there are some details to be finished The area managers are going every day to check the facilities and the TO will make a decision.

I dont know what you think of that reply[/img]
personally i dont think iberostar will go out with lies , they got their honor and reputation to take care of
Just rang First Choice and they have told me that Germans arrived at the hotel yesterday and that they are only moving people that go on monday. Therefore as I go on the 17th they wont move me as they still think we should be ok for that date :?
Does anybody have fotos yet of the Sunny Beach hotel? Is it open yet?
Hi Stephanie,

See deniax's post on page 8 of this thread for some photos.
Thanks for the tip. That looks "promising"...
Hi All :D Just letting you know that we have changed our hotel to Mena Palace and are now going on Monday 20th instead of Friday 17th June. It's more inconvenience but also better peace of mind. We got in touch with Thomas Cook first thing this morning and the rep told us that she would ring Balkan to find out if the hotel was still available. She rang us back and said that the closest date they had that would accommodate the 12 of us was the 20th June. We decided to go with this date and are just hoping that things now run smoothly. God knows we need it after all the stress and worry. We can only find one review of the Mena Palace but at least it was done by Lesley Jane who took the photo's of the Iberostar. She says that although it is'nt as big and not got the same amount of facilities as Iberostar, it is still a great hotel and has a very nice friendly atmosphere.
Whilst the Thomas Cook rep was on the phone to Balkan she was told by the Balkan rep that they were'nt expectin the Iberostar to be finished till the end of July. Not the news that you and the other earlier guests going to this hotel want to hear :shock: :shock:
Anyhow, I hope that everyone gets sorted with either a better hotel option or that the Iberostar is finished on time for your departure date (I very much doubt it tho') and have a wonderful Holiday, very best regards, Brian :D :D :D
Good luck with the holiday Brian. At least now you can start to look forward to your holiday.
I hope you like the Mena Palace I loved it.
Regards
Lesley Jane
Yeh thanks L J, I am sure it will be terrific and can finally concentrate on having the holiday We are all looking forward to. I will still keep looking on HT daily just to read all the developments. Am hooked on here like everybody else. All the best everyone :D :D
We got ours sorted today.
Balkan agreed to let us change to the Marina Grand in Golden Sands.
Cost us £100 extra.
Didn`t want to argue too much as our travel agents have been really helpful the whole way through this.
Its a five star hotel so hopefully it will be a really high standard and nice relaxing place to stay.
Hopefully thats all the worries out of the way and now we can concentrate on looking forward to our holiday and enjoying ourselve when we are away.
Many thanks to everyone on this forum who have went out of their way to help us on this thread.Special thanks to Lesley Jane and Alan Byrne for the onsite updates.
Hope everyone else gets sorted out soon.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE.
Simon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.