Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Jem

Sorry about your hotel business, but this is the pits.

Just been onto FC to check we were defo going to Marvel, and also asked how we were getting our compensation as that is what I was told this morning - a move to a different hotel plus £50 compensation.

Now been told that no compo being offered, I said that I was told this morning, they said no you wouldn't have been told that coz we're not offering compo, but I was told that!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't lie.

Then the best of it is this morning I was told we were being moved coz a rep in resort had been out this week and wasn't happy woth sending FC guests there due to building works. Before I asked why this was, when I had seen pictures of the hotel looking luvly? Then I was informed that the reason the guests are not going there tomorrow and Monday is because the hotelier has overbooked!!!!

But that is not what I got told this morning!!!!

I have asked for a copy of this mornings conversation, but told that not all calls are recorded, and if mine wasn't recorded I ain't got leg to stand on.................(her words)!!!

Just so mad now, it's an absolute joke, then again a lot of you have been through the same over the past few weeks, being told one thing and then another.

Flippin FC will get a very heated letter, very soon.............

Argh!!

Lisa
Oh just another thing also, I emailed the Iberostar hotel last night and got this reply today

Dear Lisa
The hotel as open on the 15 of June with all is work finished, the facilities like swimming pools, bars and restaurants are all finished like the works at the buildings

Best Regards
Reservations Dept Iberostar

Fantastic news!! But can't even go there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa,

I am sorry to hear this, I can not put into words how I feel about FC right now! cant believe they arent giving us any compensation, I reakon its because they must think its the hotels fault so they arent prepared to pay out for the hotels mistake which is nothing short of disgraceful!

Cant believe how many fibs FC have been telling, it sounds like the hotel is definatly overbooked as if it was any other reason why are guests staying there and why are Thomas Cook guests still going! A little while ago I managed to access a part of the Iberostar website for Hoteliers only (shouldnt have & was a bit naughty of me!) just to check there wasnt any info we needed to know! anyway I downloaded a technical spec for the hotel which detailed the hotel was split into two building so ever since I knew they were only openning 1 of the 2 buildings alarm bells started to ring, as I knew everyone could not be accomodated!!! but of course over the past few weeks when I contacted FC to raise this concern they werent interested!! I absolutly dread seeing my phone bill when it comes because FC customer service is a 0870 number and I have spent ages on hold each call!

Anyway I am now going to try my best to forget about this until I get home as at the end of the day we have payed a lot of money for this holiday and I will be dammed if I am going to let FC ruin it beacuse at the end of the day they arent bothered!

So Lisa basically have a fabulous holiday and will post on here on my return so we can decide how best to tackle FC!

Have fun, Jem :sun :fly (will be at the airport this time tommorow!!) :pele
Jem

Yeah you're right. I have started composing my letter of complaint already so as I don't forget anything.

Where are going to now then?

Have a great time chuck!

Lisa :D
Lisa,

After telling them no way was I going on a 3hr+ transfer I am now going to the Neptun hotel now, just hope it will be ok never even heard of it until FC told me it was there or nothing! Good idea starting on your letter, I will have to start when i get back because havent even packed yet! will speak to you when I get back, have fun
Jem :D
Hi Jem

Have a great time. I found these reviews of Neptun Beach Hotel Sunny Beach if it's the same one:

And also through this link:
http://www.bulgariancoast.com/hotels/detail.asp?hid=397&rid=15

Byeeee

Lisa

Paragraph removed for copyright reasons. Please do not publish material which is taken from other websites.
Many thanks
David HT Mod
to me it sound like FC they dont wanna offer you any compo and dont let you know you will be transfered before right before you leave , ofc they owe you compensation , you ordered the trip trough them , you didnt order it trough the hotel , boikot the freaking FC they sound like real bandits that dont give a damn about their clients

**Edit to remove libellous comments - Kath HT Admin**
i had a letter from first choice this morning saying that the billiards table is no longer at the hotel. me thinks thats the least of our worries.
got the same letter. I don't play billiards though this would stop us throwing the balls at the fc reps !!!!. did it state any thing else on you letter ????
not on ours, other than confirming the itinerary
could anyone going soon please please send us photos and let us know if its ok would really appeciate it thanks ali/shaun :D
Hi all...................I am live from Sunny Beach (sad i know)

Well for all of you that dont know, i had a dilema with this hotel right down until the last day i was going. Then day 2 days (11june) before i was due to go to the Iberostar, i demanded to be changed and i am now staying in the Marvel Hotel.

On our way to our hotel we did a drop off at Iberostar and..............i was very happy that i was moved. I will say that part of the hotel is complete but there is so much working going on around it, its a nightmare especially that we have had a day of rain

There are people in this hotel but it doesnt look too appealing especially around the pool. I will say that if you are due to go there within the next few weeks...............move!!!!!! In my eyes it doesnt look like all the facilities as advertised are in working order. There are plenty of other fab hotel around.

The weather has been fab :D, food in our hotel could be better but it is so cheap to eat and drink out i am not even bothered.

Hope you all have a fab holiday, wherever you stay :D
Thanks for popping in Sarah-Jane and taking up some of your valuable holiday time, to update us.

Enjoy your holiday :wave
Kath HT Admin
Hiyas guys,
Its half2 in the morning and im waiting to go on holiday,,,, should be in bed really.

Well we are off to the Ibostar hotel today, flying out to be there for this evening.

I have read through many posts on this forum, we are both up and down in our optimism haha :!:

Well what i will do if i get a chance and am able to find somwhere to do so i will post some comments on here to let you know things are.

Wish us luck!! (",)
anybody have any new reports on this hotel yet ? anybody been visiting there last few days now ?
Hi all, just booked to go here on 12 Sept for a week. Really could do with hearing some reports to say all is well. Thanks x
hi all. just arrived home after being switched from the iberostar to the royal bay.came by the iberostar on sunday 19th. as i said in my previous messages.one half of the hotel is open,but i still think that it will be a few weeks before the other side is ready.there are still a lot of workmen all over the place.so if you can put up with that you will be okay.the hotel itself looks great.and the pools are open we actully strolled around them i still feel that it is wrong.to send someone to a hotel that is not completly finished.but a lot of people dont seem that bothered judging by the amount that are currently staying there if you want any other questions answered just ask away i will answer them as honestly as poss.
alan-jill southampton
Hi all,

We are leaving for Bulgaria and Iberostar Sunny Beach resort now!
We havent heard anything from our travel agency about being moved, or about any building work, so we are exited to see what happens when we arrive in 8 hours....

I`ll give you all an update during tomorrow! (Wednesday)

All the best from

Rolf and Heidi
Norway
Hi all, I just returned from my one week hol in Ib.Sunny Beach Resort.
Arrived on 14th June, left today June 21.
Situation today (Tuesday June 21:st) is: No Internet yet, but there's an Internet point at Kalina Garden Hotel, the green hotel building next door. Costs 5 leva for an hour, 3 leva for 1/2 hour.
Large and VERY nice pool area is open. Has free sunbeds. Pool bar is not open yet, though you can order coffee, drinks and ice-cream in the hotel bar.Massage (which costs 20-30 leva) , indoor pool and gym opened two days ago. Hairdresser and billards are not open yet, but you can easily find hairdressers, manicure, massage etc all over S. Beach, so that shouldnt be a problem.
They have lots of activities round the pool area, every hour there is boule, bingo, aerobics, etc.
The beach itself is very near, sunbeds costs 6 leva and parasol (like an umbrella) costs 6 leva also.
At night Iberostar has shows and kid's disco, usually round nine o'clock.
The breakfast buffe is fantastic, lots af varieties! Rooms nice and rather large. So in my opionion hols were great at this hotel. Only bad thing is building works are ongoing at opposite hotel, but on the other hand - its like this all over S.B...
Iberostart S.B Rewsort consists of two hotel buildings, both are now open.
So I think you have nothing to worry about and you'll have a very nice holiday - we sure did!
Regards Minna from Sweden. PS: I'll try to upload some photos of pool area and rooms.
hello people! :?

Im due to fly out on the 4th july to the iberostar and have been a bit worried to say the least over accomodation, if the hotel and grounds will be built or not and if not fully what kind of state it would be in? and after speaking to Mariana Kostadinova and my travel agent who both assured me that the hotel and hotel grounds would be finished by the 24th june and then reading this thread for the last 3 weeks i didnt know what to believe. A work colleague of mine went out there last week and met a couple who are staying at the iberostar they said it was absolutely gorgeous inside, the pool is excellent, there are still a few workmen finishing off the interior of one side of the hotel but u dont know theyre there. So my friend phoned me today he'd been there and had a good look around and told me it WILL be finished by the 4th July! theyre just finishing off.............. cant wait :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.