Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Thanks for the link. Looks fab :D

Anyone going in july, round about the 22nd onwards :?:
Hi Minna,

We have booked a family room and been told that this is quite large. Did you have a twin or a family room? Your room looks great on photos was it a decent size?

Sallymac, what date in sept are you going, we arrive 9th.

Sharon
Hey
anyone like to baby sit for us as they have now no babysitting service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

any one got any photoes of a twin room :?:
Hi,

Off to Riu Helios 8th August - directly opposite Iberostar. FC contacted me today to say that there was still some on going building works in the Iberostar which shouldn't affect our enjoyment. Apparently, at the moment the east wing is still being plastered and there is low level sporadic noise. However, I was assured that this was only level 2 noise which is the lowest level. I was told that the building works could be seen from the entrance and some of the pool view rooms but it should all have been completed by the time we get there. Here's hoping.
Hi Sharon, we arrive on the 12th for a week, cant wait!! Maybe see you there?
1 leve for a pint! :shock: thats about 38p isnt it! 200 cigs for just under 6 quid! roll on the 4th july! should be gud n drunk for about £10 EVERY night. i believe you can go out and have a 3 course meal for 2, taxis and loads to drink and still have change of £30. anyway i was told on thursday that the poolbar is opening anyday now :D should be open now! the rooms look fantastic... cant wait.. I NEED A HOLIDAY!.. any pics of the inside of the hotel anyone? the outside looks great! :D
lev
andrews

Sounds like we are all going to have a great time with it being so cheap :lol:
Can any one tell me
Is it true you can not bring any levs back in to England :?:
I always bring back lev with me, ready for my next visit, only returned last week,they do not even ask you if you have any with you. Cheers Tonyt
Does anyone know if you can convert Levs back to pounds sterling on your return. One bank(Lloyds) told me that they dont do it. :?
You can change at Gatwick but be prepared to lose about £15 in every £100. In Bulgaria change a little money each day not all at once, that way you will have minimal left if you do not return. Cheers Tonyt
Hi Sharon, I'm not sure what kind of room we had. We had booked a twin room, but the room we got had one double bed and also an extra bed. It also had an extra fridge and a stove. Very large room, at least for two people./Minna
thanks for the info tonyt

hope the twin rooms have not got a double bed instead of singlebeds as i will have to share with the mother in law !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi everyone,

Just arrived back from Sunny Beach (not so Sunny!!) only had about 2 good weather days :( :( .

Anyway stayed at Neptun Beach Hotel but was meant to go to the Iberostar Sunny Beach but pleased we didnt!! Basically my balcony faced the iberostar which was right opposite so have been watching them trying to complete all week. They have made good progress but still stuff to be done i.e. front lawn needs grass etc.. But even when complete wouldnt fancy staying there this summer becasue about 20 meters or less from the pool brand new hotel is been built and was noisey (but think security trying to stop diggers going in now!) when I went over and 50% of rooms facing it also not many rooms have full see view!

Anyway if anyone wants to know anything just ask and I will post pictures of Iberostar up soon.

Was my first time to Bulgaria and loved Sunny Beach, I will be back! :D :D
Hi little Jem,
staying in Riu Helios in August. Am I right in thinking that this is close to the hotel where you stayed. I'm asking because my tour op told me that our hotel is directly opposite the Iberostar, where you say your hotel is. She also told me that though there is sporadic low level noise due to them plastering one of the wings of the Iberostar, that it wasn't a problem. If you have any info on the Helios Palace and it's whereabouts, I'd be grateful to hear from you. Thanks, Shirley
been told there is no mini bar in the room, no billiads, cafe, babysitting service and room changed from double to twin.
shirley h,

Yeah, there was a hotel Riu right next to Neptun Beach where I stayed and I am almost certain it was called the Helios, the hotel looks lovely and i saw they had evenning entertainment. The hotel location is excellent and in my opinion like the Neptun situated in the best part of Sunny Beach, the beach is right in front of the hotel and there is definatly no building work or noise or anything because the only building work was at the back of the Iberostar coming from another new hotel being built, so you should have a fantastic holiday. The hotel looks great and would be interested to hear what you think on your return because would definatly consider for next year.

If you look at the link to this map, you will see the Neptun hotel (80) and allthough it dosent show the riu hotel it is located to the left of the Neptun.
http://www.sunnybeachmap.com/sectors_eng/sector_d1/sector_d1.htm

Jem :D :D
Hi all.

I stayed at the Iberostar Sunny Beach a few days ago. It's true that somte stuff were not open yet, such as poolbar, billiard etc. I must say that I really didn't missed thoose things, theres anough to do so I wouldn't have used any of theese missing stuff anyway.

The new hotel they are building across the street were not disturbing at all. I had my balcony and windows in that direction and I can't recall that I heard any noises from there, not from the Iberostar's poolarea either.

My room contained a minibar and so did my friends rooms.

I was really more thnan pleased with Iberostar and I would not hesitate to choose it again next trip to Sunny Beach.
Excellent Mike, thanks for the feedback. Which travel company did you go with? Just wondering why some folk are getting moved and others arent.
i hope the hotel has a mini bar,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.