Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
holiday
450 Posts
Yep that sounds good to me too :lol:
Sallymac

We arrive late evening on the 9th. Maybe see you there :?: for a :glynis
Sharon
Hi Sharon, we arrive around midday on the 12th. You'll be well settled in by then. Will no doubt see you in the bar for a few drinks, sounds a good idea. :lol: 9 weeks and counting....
After a few days back home its time to sum up our two perfect weeks @ Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort..

We arrived late evening the 21st of june. My first impression was WOW, what a great place. Nice reception area and lobby bar.
Checking in took two minutes, and a nice portier helped us with our luggage to 2nd floor. Getting in to the room made me even more satisfied as the rooms are large compared to other places I`ve been. Everything was very clean and delicate. A large bathroom with extra mirror, hairdryer and lots of space for personal belongings. Cotton pads for the ladies, body lotion, soap, shampoo - "the only thing missing was a toothbrush and sun protection" :P
Sattelite televison, (sadly almost every tv station was german or at least dubbed to german), minibar/refridgeration, a large desk, sofa, table and chair.
The bed was large and very comfortable, and the balcony was large enough to room 6 adults. (though we had to bring chairs from different rooms)

we had a room and breakfast, and the food was exellent. Lots and lots of different food. They even have guys to make you an omelette of your choice.

During our first week, they opened the pool bar, and the other part of the hotel. I believe everything was open by the time we left. Also the animation hall. (inside entertainment area)

The staff at the hotel seemed wery professional. Of course there is things that`s new to them, so they struggled to keep the tempo at the pool bar, but things got better day by day. Even the grass outside the hotel got better and better during our holyday.
My mother in law had a full body massage at the hotel, and she was wery satisfied. I had a haircut myself, and was wery satisfied with the girl who made the haircut and the result.
The "internet room" was thoug a mess. There was two 15-16 year old kids there with bad lines and messed up old win98 computers. I tried it twice, but it seemed they had a 28,8line or something. Very slow, and full of spyware.

If I forgot something I`m sure it was completely ok. I would remember anyhing negative.

The only negative episode was a few british kids that made some trouble in our floor, klnocking on doors, playing soccer in the hall etc. Also this took an end as I rammed the largest one of them against the wall and told him to behave. I normally dont mind kids playing, but this one took a penalty shot in the hall and he was 50cm from hitting my niece in 11 months...

:D

So.... Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort receices :P :P :P :P smiles from me.

The only sad thing right now, is that my holyday is over and I`m back @ work...
Magic, great report really looking forward to it now, 3 weeks and counting. What facilities where there for kids, I have an 8 yr old daughter, was there a kids club, mini disco etc? Thanks
The hotel has actually four pools. There are two for grown ups (1.50 at lowest) and two kids pools.
There is also a kids playground close to the pool bar, and lots of activitys for them. The "Animation Team" is really great with kids, and take them to the beach, take them minigolfing etc. etc. They are walking around "picking up" kids and bringing them to different activitys.
I beleave they call it Kids Club.

I`m pretty sure you are going to have a great holyday!!
Magic please add your hotel review to the following link HERE

Many Thanks :wave
Magic118

Fantastic report, don't think we can ask for any thing better now. Just over a week to go. Can't come quick enough :fly

Tina
:D I have uploaded a selection of Photo's of the hotel. They are in the Upload section of the Gallery but am not sure what page number. :D :D
Hello All

yes we had a brilliant holiday at Sunny Beach just a shame we are back home and at work again!!

The hotel was lovely and the food choice great, we arrived early hours of the morning and the reception checked us in quick with no fuss and all staff were very helpful. very impressed with the size of the rooms too, big enough for 5 of us having after night out drinks and gossip. The only problem we had with the hotel was at night you could hear the ventilation system of the hotel whirring away and with me being a light sleeper kept me awake a few nights so would suggest either ear plugs or to have a couple more extra drinks to send you off to sleep!!

Breakfast was brilliant loads of choices for all nations, english brekkie for us brits was good too, fresh fruits and cereals, fried eggs and omelettes made to order. We were half board so had tea there too and again there was loads of choice - nothing was repeated in the 2 weeks we were there. each night the was a calved roast and numerous other dishes, salads, pastas, pizza, chips etc etc. We ate out a few nights too for a change of food and atmosphere as it was so cheap. We especially liked the restaurant at the Victoria Hotel at the top end of the resort on the beach front - the service was brilliant and the food really nice.

The beach is really nice and only a stones throw from the hotel, will be great for the kids too as quite shallow for a while before it gets deeper.

You have nothing to worry about the hotel getting built opposite as they are not working on it - we didn't hear a thing from it.

The animation hall opened the night before we left so I think everything will be up and running by the time yous get there.

Any other queries just get in touch

Happy hols to you all, I wish I was going back now

Debbie

p.s. I wouldn't advise the bungee as I was daft enough to go on it - nice view from the top as I was hurled up there but my arms and legs were killing the next day!! everyone else thought it was amusing watching me though!!
I've completed a huge big massive review in the reviews section if anyone wants a look. we had very few complaints and anything that wasn't right was soon put right :D :D
Goran, all I can say is thank you thank you thank you! What a great indepth review. I am sure you and blondie26 have made all of us very happy. Do have a few questions and will ask them closer to our holiday date.

Many thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts. :lol:
Our pleasure SallyMac - don't know if we could answer much more but we'll try. Have to say whoever thought of this website is an absolute legend.
thanks for the great report on the Iberostar and the surroundings. A great lot of info and I am counting the days even more now. 9 days left. Really looking forward to taking the kids. Sounds like they are going to have have a fantastic time, and that is what this holiday is all about.
Once again
Cheers Goran :wave
Have just read Goran`s report on Iberostar Sunny Beach. Many, Many Thanks for taking the time to write a great report. Put our minds at rest and looking forward even more to the 9th Sept.

Once again many thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue
Hi Sue, you must be arriving on the same flight as Sharon? We will be there from the 12th Sept for 7 nights, cant wait!
Hi Sallymac,

We should arrive early on the saturday morning, flight is about 11.00 p.m.
really looking forward to it now that we are getting Good Reports.

Sue
Hi All,

First of all I would like to say :thanks to both Goran and Blondie for their great reports. I find I am repetitive but after each report you can tell things are just getting better and bettera at the Iberostar and I am sure that come September all will be well.

As a novice to forums I have found this one to be a godsend :bow and to think I only came across it by accident.

Sue, we are leaving liverpool early evening so by the sounds of it we will just be arriving as you are taking off :fly (from manchester I presume)

Sharon
Hi Sharon,

Yes we are :fly from Manchester, really looking forward to it now. We are there for 2 weeks, how about you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.